Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
First Chanterelles *DELETED*
    #5835116 -

Post deleted by Mead

Reason for deletion: .

Edited by MeadMadeMe (07/08/06 01:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Chanterelles [Re: Mead]
    #5835138 -

Woah, nice shots!! That pool looks rather serene, very tropical. I want to go swimming and I hate swimming generally!
There are probably flesh eating fish.... hehehe, okay maybe not.
Not all blue bruising boletes are poisonous, and conversely, not all non-blue bruising boletes are edible.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Chanterelles *DELETED* [Re: CureCat]
    #5835160 -

Post deleted by Mead

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Chanterelles [Re: Mead]
    #5835186 -

It is a rather un maimed specimen- unlike the ones I happen upon, all full of critters....

I don't like bathing suits/bikinis. I am not inclined towards being so scantily clad in public areas.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Chanterelles [Re: CureCat]
    #5835210 -

Do you know if the pic I added is a varnish shelf? It had a bright white pore underside and was growing on a moss covered stump.
I'd also like to give a thanks to a fellow New Yorker, Jim, for letting me know the chants are out in our state.

Edited by MeadMadeMe (07/08/06 01:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Chanterelles [Re: Mead]
    #5836019 -

Nice finds MeadMadeMe.

It certainly looks like a varnish shelf. If it was growing from hemlock I would say Ganoderma tsugae.

I also found chanterells today. So delicious.
:laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Chanterelles [Re: shroomydan]
    #5836148 -


Swimming my ass FISH that hole :thumbup:


--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Chanterelles [Re: YESSUP]
    #5836544 -

Amazing. The chanterelles around here don't come out until we've had a frost, or at least a near frost. It will be mid-october for us.

If you happen by the Ganoderma again, I'd sure appreciate a culture. I have a G tsugae culture, but that one looks a bit different. I also have Ganoderma applanatum, Ganoderma lucidum, Ganoderma oregonese and a few dozen other polypore cultures to trade such as Fomitopsis pinicola(red belted polypore) and Fomitopsis officinalis(agaricon).

The easiest way to tell the non-edible boletes from the edible is to take a small taste. The non-edible ones have a horribly bitter taste and you'll have an instant need to spit it back out. If it tastes like a normal mushroom, take it home and cook it up. It's best to 'dry fry' them first in a dry skillet(no oil or butter, etc) to get most of the water inside to cook out, then drain that water out and throw away, and cook the mushroom however you normally do. This improves the taste considerably. Mrs rabbit would have had that bolete and the chanty in a soup quicker than you could have posted that picture.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ganoderma? Fomitopsis? ocula 633 8 05/03/17 08:33 PM
by ocula
* ID Request: Ganoderma tsugae? critterdude 2,502 8 07/19/08 04:47 AM
by cosmicsea
* Ganoderma ID - Northern California Helicoides 2,806 7 10/16/13 08:54 PM
by pseudotsuga
* Ganoderma applanatum or Fomitopsis pinicola (pics) Horsetail farmer 2,528 6 01/14/16 02:30 AM
by Mrcloudy
* Ganoderma find...i believe bw86 1,533 2 10/05/09 08:51 AM
by bw86
* Possible chant, ganoderma, and chaga DeesKnots 403 17 07/21/17 03:28 PM
by forageNS
* (RR) ID Request Ganoderma oregonense? casgoodie 1,229 8 01/29/08 04:17 AM
by CureCat
* Some kind of polypore wolfpup 344 9 03/29/17 07:14 PM
by Mrcloudy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,210 topic views. 0 members, 6 guests and 42 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.