Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Papaver Somniferum PLANTS sold at the grocer!!! IN USA!!
    #5770580 -

I live in Washington USA and I was shopping at Thriftway (my local grocery store) back in March. And in the the nusery section, I couldn't beleive my eyes. They were selling Papaver Somniferum plant starts AND Living PODS in WATER!







There were also the Black Cloud Peony variety and were roughly 8" tall at the time. I bought all of them! The label is pictured below :




And here are some pics of the plants at their current stages:

















I've already harvested some latex from a couple of the pods:


After I discovered this, I thought I'd check out a couple other local nurseries. I did some online research as well and read (at poppies.org) that another name for "Somniferum" was "Paeoniflorum", usually used as a decorative term in nurseries and flower shops. So I found some Danish Flags and White Clouds at another nursery labeled as "Papaver Paeoniflorum" shown below:


Here they were at about 4' feet:


They have since matured and stand 6' feet tall!! :


The final result was amazing!


And the pods are producing latex! Has anyone else had this experience? Has anyone been able to purchase Somniferum plant starts here in the USA like I have? I'm not talking seeds, I know the seeds are legal, I'm talking actual plants!! Please respond.
Thanks.

Edited by extrajordanary (08/24/16 07:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Papaver Somniferum PLANTS sold at the grocer!!! IN USA!! [Re: extrajordanary]
    #5770617 -

6' my ass, more like 2 and a half feet.

nice tho.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Papaver Somniferum PLANTS sold at the grocer!!! IN USA!! [Re: CptnGarden] * 1
    #5770936 -

I will post a picture tomorrow of me standing next to them. I'm 6' tall. Check back tomorrow at this time.

This is a pic of them at 2 and 1/2 feet tall :


Here they are now at 6' feet- (the plants on the bottom left are sunflowers standing at about 3.5' feet tall) :


But like I said, check back here in 24 hours and you'll see.

Edited by extrajordanary (06/20/06 01:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Papaver Somniferum PLANTS sold at the grocer!!! IN USA!! [Re: extrajordanary]
    #5771052 -

dont show the laced strains somebody may be pissed that they didnt find something new

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Papaver Somniferum PLANTS sold at the grocer!!! IN USA!! [Re: durban_poison]
    #5772222 -

On the tag it says their height is 18"-24".
Sweet though. Hows the product?


--------------------
eat poop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Papaver Somniferum PLANTS sold at the grocer!!! IN USA!! [Re: extrajordanary]
    #5774002 -

found some at a k-mart 2 years ago with my mom, I tried to get her to grow some

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Papaver Somniferum PLANTS sold at the grocer!!! IN USA!! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #5774963 -

Okay. I took some pics of me standing next to them. I know the package said 18"-24"...oh well, it was wrong or I did something right. Either way :






I'm six feet tall. So is my friend. There are pods and flowers well above our heads.

This is what their product looks like :






Enjoy!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Papaver Somniferum PLANTS sold at the grocer!!! IN USA!! [Re: extrajordanary]
    #5775728 -

I'm jealous. I wouldn't dare this in NOLA with National Guard on every fucking doorstep and stupid cops and clouts for local government.


--------------------
...or something






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Papaver Somniferum PLANTS sold at the grocer!!! IN USA!! [Re: eve69]
    #5777728 -

the guy doesnt look 18 -24", so kudos! thanks for the info, im going to go look tomorrow. mine are just sprouting (i know its a little late in the season, but i live in a pretty mild environment)


--------------------
omg really?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Papaver Somniferum PLANTS sold at the grocer!!! IN USA!! [Re: impgl]
    #5777887 -

Fuck, fucking excellent man, im loving it, hopefully they will sel that in stores here in ym state so i can stop buying from the internet :P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Papaver Somniferum PLANTS sold at the grocer!!! IN USA!! [Re: C-Dizzle]
    #5778229 -

pictures say everything. thanks for proving me wrong, fuckin beautiful.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Papaver Somniferum PLANTS sold at the grocer!!! IN USA!! [Re: CptnGarden]
    #5784196 -

PFFT! Clearly Photoshopped :wink:


--------------------
Watch the weather change...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Papaver Somniferum PLANTS sold at the grocer!!! IN USA!! [Re: NumberThree]
    #5801669 -

I found a reliable seed source here :

http://www.exjordanary-seeds-and-herbs.com

Ordered them in winter, planted them, and they are all flowering nicely as described.

Edited by extrajordanary (05/12/09 05:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Papaver Somniferum cultivation
( 1 2 all )
buddig 9,993 24 12/23/02 06:51 AM
by matts
* Papaver Somniferum Northernsoul 2,288 10 01/02/03 11:18 AM
by viscid
* Papaver somniferum seeds in supermarkets? Great_Cthulhu 10,609 5 05/03/02 08:12 AM
by psilocybe cubensis
* Best Time to plant Papaver Somniferum HidingInPlainSight 2,451 2 03/19/03 11:28 AM
by zeta
* Opium to Papaver somniferum ratio? theocean06 6,086 17 04/21/13 03:31 PM
by ethnoguy
* Papaver Somniferum seeds ... how to plant??? HidingInPlainSight 2,357 6 03/24/03 05:30 AM
by jojoba
* papaver somniferum shriek 2,954 7 05/12/09 06:08 PM
by Nalim
* Papaver somniferum HoodedForestDwellr 5,135 19 04/28/09 10:07 PM
by Dr. uarewotueat

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
8,044 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.