Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Favorite sport, and why?
    #5687415 -

What is your favorite sport, and why is it your favorite sport?

My favorite sport would definitely have to be Mixed Martial Arts. Organization wise, my favorite is definitely Pride. I prefer Pride for several reasons. Better fighters, the fact that they treat their fighters better (higher salary and such), and the rules make me prefer it over other organizations. I'm not one of those Pride fanboys though. I like UFC and totally respect the amount of skill UFC fighters have. Pride fighters just tend to have more skill  :wink: K-1 is great also, as is Shooto, IFL, ZST, pretty much all of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: spud]
    #5687475 -

baseball/basketball .. i cant pick


basketball is way better to watch.. and its pretty easy and fun to play... but theres sumthin about playin baseball.. its so satisfying when you hit a home run.. or at least hit the ball hard.. or make a good play..


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: Infrared]
    #5687492 -

Ah, I should have specified either favorite sport to watch or favorite sport to play.

My favorite sport to partake in is Muay Thai. MMA is fun, but my ground work is pretty shitty and getting thrown into an arm bar by someone who has far better ground game than you sorta sucks. I plan to eventually start working on my ground work, but for now I wanna perfect my stand up.

Boxing is fun too, but doesn't have nearly the same amount of depth to it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: spud]
    #5687538 -

Baseball is my favorite by far.

I've been raised on baseball since I was a kid. I like most other sports too, but baseball is really my thing.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #5687555 -

Same here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: spud]
    #5687565 -

Basketball, because it's unpredictable


--------------------


"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: spud]
    #5687584 -

football, across the board


--------------------
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.
-  Andrew Ryan

Formula: 0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: Basilides]
    #5687585 -

Fighting is incredibly unpredictable. A clean shot or takedown can turn the entire fight in a 180.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: Pat Bateman, VP]
    #5687603 -

American football, or real football?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: spud]
    #5687672 -

American football because it builds character. I love the contact and it takes a large amount of skill. Involves many aspects of different sports.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: spud]
    #5687681 -

spud said:
What is your favorite sport, and why is it your favorite sport?



Croquet, it has large hammers to use

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: spud]
    #5687692 -

pocket pool


--------------------
:orly:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: spud]
    #5687826 -

american football

futbol, however, is an excellent sport to play (not so much to watch, IMO)

rugby is also teh pwnzorz


--------------------
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.
-  Andrew Ryan

Formula: 0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: spud]
    #5689832 -

spud said:
American football, or real football?



Funny. American Football is real football. Not just kicking a ball around.


Baseball is by far my favorite sport. I was raised on it. My grandfater played, my dad played and actually got a tryout for the tigers back in the 70's and all 3 of my brothers and I play.


--------------------
Yeaaa im still alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: spud]
    #5689991 -

First of all, I was raised by a couple of bookworms who thought very lowly of sports in general. They wanted me to be involved in playing sports for the sake of being athletic, but watching/caring about sporting events or teams to them was just ludicrous..so I didn't get into sports at all really until about four years ago.

That said, baseball is definitely my favorite sport. My number one reason why would be this - baseball is a game about decisions, not about time. It has its periods, but the length of each half-inning is decided by the actions and decisionmaking of each time, both on offense and on defense. Baseball is no slave to time, to a dwindling clock.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: spud]
    #5690112 -

spud said:
What is your favorite sport, and why is it your favorite sport?

My favorite sport would definitely have to be Mixed Martial Arts. Organization wise, my favorite is definitely Pride. I prefer Pride for several reasons. Better fighters, the fact that they treat their fighters better (higher salary and such), and the rules make me prefer it over other organizations. I'm not one of those Pride fanboys though. I like UFC and totally respect the amount of skill UFC fighters have. Pride fighters just tend to have more skill  :wink: K-1 is great also, as is Shooto, IFL, ZST, pretty much all of it.





I like American Football, and boxing. I do enjoy watching UFC, and Pride as well. The PPV are always cool.


--------------------

"They look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits 'em. I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

"Eric Stratton.. Rush chairman.. Damn glad to meet you.."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: spud]
    #5691786 -

BASEBALL.. I used to play it as a kid.. Now I can't seem to get the amount of friends together to play even a half ass game.. The most I have gotten to this season is throwing the ball around with Yarry on the first good warm day in the spring..

and many people say baseball is boring as hell to watch.. I just don't get it, I am always on the edge of my seat watching a Jays game.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: spud]
    #5691814 -

Football and Baseball are my favorites.  I like football more as a whole, but I enjoy the Red Sox more than the Patriots - probably mostly because the weather is nicer to go to games  :tongue: 

I love watching both, but football is more exciting to me.  I was raised by a family obsessed with the Red Sox, so it's been ingrained in me for a long time.  I love Fenway, as old and decrepid and cramped as it is.  I also love Gillette Stadium, it's huge, comfortable, and there's really not a bad seat in the house.


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Favorite sport, and why? [Re: Liz]
    #5692008 -

Hockey and baseball. Hockey for sheer action and baseball for the "chess like" aspect. Always stats to review and facts to consider

Both are great


--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* College Basketball Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 )
KillerPicklez 24,176 394 04/09/10 07:58 AM
by TrancedShroom
* Hughes vs Gracie: Your Predictions SkorpivoMusterion 1,565 18 04/26/06 03:21 PM
by d33p
* Yo, NFL PICKS
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Madtowntripper 6,244 60 11/06/06 10:49 PM
by Banez
* Rex Grossman: Fuck It, I'm Throwing It Downfield OneMoreRobot3021 9,862 10 11/30/06 02:53 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
1,614 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 5 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.