Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk
    #5433413 -

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060322/us_nm/bars_dc

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Reuters) - Texas has begun sending undercover agents into bars to arrest drinkers for being drunk, a spokeswoman for the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission said on Wednesday.



The first sting operation was conducted recently in a Dallas suburb where agents infiltrated 36 bars and arrested 30 people for public intoxication, said the commission's Carolyn Beck.

Being in a bar does not exempt one from the state laws against public drunkenness, Beck said.

The goal, she said, was to detain drunks before they leave a bar and go do something dangerous like drive a car.

"We feel that the only way we're going to get at the drunk driving problem and the problem of people hurting each other while drunk is by crackdowns like this," she said.

"There are a lot of dangerous and stupid things people do when they're intoxicated, other than get behind the wheel of a car," Beck said. "People walk out into traffic and get run over, people jump off of balconies trying to reach a swimming pool and miss."

She said the sting operations would continue throughout the state.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: Cowgold]
    #5433434 -

Burn Texas to the ground, now.

Seriously, does anything good come out of this horrible pile of shit?


--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: Cowgold]
    #5433469 -

Can't be drunk at a bar, LOL

All they're going to do is make all the bars in Texas turn into private clubs.


--------------------
:orly:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: Cowgold]
    #5433477 -

> Being in a bar does not exempt one from the state laws against public drunkenness, Beck said.

Really?  Is a bar, not PRIVATE PROPERTY?  I am curious how a law against PUBLIC DRUNKENNESS can be enforced against people drinking on private property?  How long before they decide to come into my house to make sure I'm not drunk.

> The goal, she said, was to detain drunks before they leave a bar and go do something dangerous like drive a ca

The goal, she said, was to reinforce the concept that you are guilty until proven innocent.

> There are a lot of dangerous and stupid things people do when they're intoxicated, other than get behind the wheel of a car

Yeah... lets outlaw stupid people... :rolleyes:

> She said the sting operations would continue throughout the state.

I bet it doesn't take too long for the people that support this crap to get voted out of office.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: Seuss]
    #5433670 -

In Texas (Edit: removed... drinking) we drink, alot. They definately won't be in office long.

Edited by Cowgold (03/23/06 12:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: Cowgold]
    #5433690 -

That's what they said about Bush.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: Cowgold]
    #5433758 -

This police officer comes and arrests me for being drunk in PUB LICK.
But I didnt want to be drunk in PUB LICK. I wanted to be drunk in a bar, they threw me into PUB LICK!

-Ron White


--------------------



[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: Cowgold]
    #5433763 -

First there was the move to ban smoking in bars, now we've got the move to ban drinking in bars.

Soon, no talking, laughing or thinking.

JUST SIT STILL AND DRINK YOUR ORANGE JUICE, REAL PEACEFUL LIKE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: Cowgold]
    #5433860 -

Here in Tx, anyone, anytime, can be arrested, for public drunk,
Unless, you are in a private resident. Even a private club
dosent prevent cops from coming in.
A cop can arrest someone even if they have not drank a drop, its
the cops call. I,ve had a couple of arrests myself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: rod]
    #5433868 -

So when is Texas becoming its own nation? Soon?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: DNKYD]
    #5433907 -

Everything is big in Texas, apparently arrogance and stupidity are no exceptions


--------------------
:orly:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #5434043 -

There is some stupid shit that goes on here, but the way I look at it, in a few years we will become part of Mexico again any way. :taz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: Seuss]
    #5434045 -

Seuss said:
Really? Is a bar, not PRIVATE PROPERTY? I am curious how a law against PUBLIC DRUNKENNESS can be enforced against people drinking on private property?



Not sure, but in the UK & Ireland we call bars pubs, which is short for "public house", and I think it may be defined as a public area even though it is a private business. I know there are old laws where a pub must serve you a glass of water for free.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: blackout]
    #5434074 -

i cant wait till we seceed from the union! the great republic of texas shall rise again. and we will celebrate by getting drunk, shitfaced drunk, in private.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #5434086 -

Then fall flat on our face? LOL

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: rod]
    #5435206 -

Well I gotta get drunk and I sure do dread it cause I know just what I'm gonna do
I'll start to spend my money call evrybody honey and wind up singing the blues
I'll spend my whole paycheck on some old wreck and brother I can name you a few
But I gotta get drunk and I sure do dread it cause I know just what I'm gonna do
I gotta get drunk I just can't stay sober there's a lot of good people in town
Who'd like to hear me holler see me spend my dollars
And I wouldn't think of lettin' 'em down
There's a lot of doctors that tell me that I'd better start slowin' it down
But there's more old drunkers than there are old doctors
So I guess we'd better have another round
Well now I gotta get drunk...

Willie Nelson


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: Dreamer987]
    #5435505 -

i dont know if this is true or not but someone at work told me today that the cops can now pull you over for good driving. wtf is that all about the reason i drive good is that i dont have a licence lol


--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: Dobie]
    #5436473 -

Why stop here? Lets arrest:
-people for pissing in a public restroom (hey that's public urination)
-strippers/exotic dancers (public nudity)

and knowing Texas it will soon be
-public prayer (unless of course it is strict Christian prayer)


--------------------
-CUBErt
:cubie::levitate::cubie:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: Cowgold]
    #5437444 -

This won't last long. No jury will convict them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk [Re: CUBErt]
    #5437446 -

Sir, you will be Governer one day if you don't stop thinking like this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Drunk driving cases turn on source code Cowgold 1,441 8 03/22/06 02:46 AM
by Seuss
* Police Confiscate Drug-Laced Candy Bars [TX] veggieM 1,688 2 10/28/05 10:13 PM
by Madtowntripper
* School janitor arrested in grisly tale of death motamanM 3,426 3 05/23/03 02:07 PM
by Seuss
* Texas Mom Faces Trial For Selling Dildos DiploidM 2,092 10 09/29/04 04:54 PM
by Dreamer987
* Police find 5 kids drunk and stoned, mom arrested [CO] veggieM 1,475 6 07/13/05 04:20 PM
by DailyPot
* 'Mr. DWI' Notches Another Arrest in S.D. veggieM 1,051 2 02/11/05 06:51 PM
by DNKYD
* Police: Director Oliver Stone arrested SuperD 2,528 3 10/09/18 10:04 PM
by DAVID_ALLAN_CEO
* Deputies arrest 22 at Livestock 13 fest motamanM 3,485 1 05/04/03 05:09 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: motaman, veggie, Alan Rockefeller, Mostly_Harmless
2,946 topic views. 2 members, 3 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.