Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Anyone here collect coins? [Re: pshawny]
    #5174744 -

pshawny said:
They were PCGS & NGC graded. I sent them to NTC to try to get a bump up in grading. They were taken apart without damaging the coins.



Wow! I can't believe NTC didn't bump them up a grade. They are pretty liberal graders nowadays.


--------------------
.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here collect coins? [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #5175828 -

I have a small collection. 20-25 quarters, about 20 roosevelt dimes and 20 mercs, a few morgans, 20 or so buffalos (most in fair condition), and then some other coins that I can't remember.

My favorite though is my bill colection. I have 3 1899 $1 Silver Certificates, two of which would be graded very high if I ever sent them in. Then lots of other silver certs from 1923-57. All that stuff is in my mother's safety deposit box though.

I used to work at a store in the office so I handled all the money. I used to crack open every box of quarters ($500) and dimes ($250) that weren't new rolls, and check the sides for silver, then tape em up and put em back in.


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here collect coins? [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #5176069 -

I have a 25 cent paper bill always thought it was neat.

Few other old paper money...

40-50 silver dollars...

I got a shit load of 1880-1910 coins i haven't looked at them in years & years couldn't really tell ya what else is in the coin box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here collect coins? [Re: Dety]
    #5176215 -

I was a coin collector as a kid and still have some nice coins. But now I just collect the old currency in circulation. Whenever I run across anything coin 1960 and down I take it out and put in in my collection. The paper would have to be a 1965 and down. Its just cool to get a 45 nickle and know that this thing has come along way.


--------------------
Yeaaa im still alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here collect coins? [Re: kilroy69]
    #5176412 -

I had 3 $20 bills from 1929, if I remember the date right, that I picked up while working at a bank a few years ago. Some old couple deposited them and I snatched them up. 2 of the 3 were very crisp and looked brand new. I had them graded and sold the 2 better ones for $300 each and the other one for $150ish. One never knows what you might find.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here collect coins? [Re: pshawny]
    #5176450 -

I did as a kid and still have them. Nothing real special, few grand worth. Something I can sell someday if times get too tough, have locked in parents safe so I don\'t just go out on a whim when tour dates come up and blow it all.


--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here collect coins? [Re: MasonsChild]
    #5178057 -

i have dozens of old U.S. currency coins. some even without date almost all are silve...if anyone is interested or would like to see pics..or hell even give me an estimate i would appreciate it. if you think you might want them pm me and i'll go to marketplace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here collect coins? [Re: DarkPyro]
    #5178064 -

After reading what pshawny posted, seeing the date 1929, i checked some of my coins and most are from 1930 or earlier...feedback?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here collect coins? [Re: DarkPyro]
    #5178229 -

The 1929 was on paper currency, not coins.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here collect coins? [Re: pshawny]
    #5178271 -

i collect forign coins and notes
current

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* anyone here collect coins? blacksabbathrulz 781 12 09/18/05 09:37 PM
by demiu5
* Silver has passed the $15/oz mark - has it begun?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
AsanteM 8,217 98 09/09/11 02:07 AM
by ZippoZ
* Why the silver price is set to soar
( 1 2 3 4 all )
AsanteM 9,600 72 03/23/26 06:07 AM
by Mysterio
* I just got an australian coin Captain Loafy McPoopdick 834 6 06/07/05 01:29 PM
by Captain Loafy McPoopdick
* Do you collect anything? post it here
( 1 2 all )
Mystiq_Shaman 4,151 24 09/07/04 04:43 AM
by goobler
* Silver LuNaTiX 712 6 02/03/08 11:18 AM
by koppie
* Drug dealers are switching to gold/silver in my area moon_glue 4,817 19 04/25/07 07:56 PM
by moon_glue
* What do you collect?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 7,261 74 03/03/05 09:43 PM
by NuperSova

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,457 topic views. 4 members, 17 guests and 294 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 17 queries.