Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Ritual Use of Psychedelics
    #4810372 -

I've read a lot on these forums about people who love to take psychedelics, but have found nothing so far on mushroom ritual.

I am wondering if there are any here who still only partake when it is necessary, and if so, what type of ritual do you use? I ask out of curiosity, and would like to borrow from those who have obtained sacred knowledge through ritual use, especially those who are experienced in sorcery of any sort.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual Use of Psychedelics [Re: astralpiper]
    #4810499 -

We take the mushrooms, (often powdered in cinnamon apple sauce) with thanksgiving, as we take our meals. Beyond simple thanks, we regard them sacramentally, not as sorcery (which we consider to be low magick anyway). Hatha Yoga asanas are employed in the first hour to prevent uncomfortable amounts of energy from 'pooling' in the Navel center or elsewhere. The Entheogenic Excursion is followed by a meal - an Agape meal of sorts: fruit, cheese, bread, red wine - often in front of a fire in the fireplace. We have no formulaic prayers, although it has occurred to me to create a ritual (buy a ceremonial chalice for example). The fireplace is in the living room which, as a setting, has lots of mythic art: Hebrew, Christian, Greek, Egyptian, Celtic which helps to impress, evoke or maintain a sense of meaning. That's about all for now.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual Use of Psychedelics [Re: astralpiper]
    #4810621 -

I am wondering if there are any here who still only partake when it is necessary

What do you mean by necessary?


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual Use of Psychedelics [Re: Swami]
    #4810963 -

I mean necessary. You know, absolutely essential.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual Use of Psychedelics [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #4810970 -

Thanks for the hints, Mark.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual Use of Psychedelics [Re: astralpiper]
    #4810988 -

Come here, and I shall show ya! :P


--------------------


--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual Use of Psychedelics [Re: astralpiper]
    #4811026 -

Too become one, on the same astro plane as the creator, mankind
only has two ways, either use hallucinogens, or death.
First is way more fun, that the second choice.♣♦

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual Use of Psychedelics [Re: rod]
    #4811146 -

the peyote church has substantial ritual
it has ritual pertaining to the passages of life and death
season and ceremony.
I have been invited but always declined (a good friend is a leader of a local branch), I am neither that much of a drug enthusiast, nor that entusiastic at group activities.

occasionally they hold group meetings with visiting shamans who bring medicine of their own (like the mushrooms or ahuaska)

google "peyote church" and find a group in your area to find this structure you are seeking.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual Use of Psychedelics [Re: rod]
    #4811547 -

rod said:
Too become one, on the same astro plane as the creator, mankind
only has two ways, either use hallucinogens, or death.
First is way more fun, that the second choice.♣♦



What has led you to believe that death is going to be anything like the effects of a psychedelic drug? Just curious.

Edited by itstarssaddam (10/16/05 04:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual Use of Psychedelics [Re: it stars saddam]
    #4812136 -

Although I've been doing what people call Magick, and using Entheogens since 1967, I hardly ever use Ritual. I don't like the idea of predefining the nature of Revelation. What I'm doing when I use Entheogens, it is really just getting together with a friend of a very different species. They tell me things. Sometimes I ask them questions. Sometimes they ask me questions. Mostly we just enjoy each other's company... in a wordless realm.


--------------------
The Soul exists simultaneously throughout all of Time.
The Ego merely exists now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual Use of Psychedelics [Re: jcldragon]
    #4813501 -

I use mushies to channel the spirits of deceased libertines.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual Use of Psychedelics [Re: astralpiper]
    #4817454 -

generally i like to build up to a trip over a few days. I try and spend those days with increased meditation and awareness, a pure diet, detoxification etc. the goal is to be in the highest possible state of awareness and free from psychic poisons (fear anxiety doubt depression etc ) by the time you actually take the drug... psychadelic means mind manifesting, so if you have alot of foul shit in your mind... well lets just say you might not want that manifested.

I also like to read alot of spiritual/thought provoking stuff. i find that loading my mind with concepts is great beacause those concepts reemerge and recombing into new meanings and greater understanding during the trip.

when it comes time to actually take the drug, i usually say a little silent pray like "welcome teacher, welcome friend. come into me in a spirit of love. teach me what thou wilt." etc


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ritual Use of Psychedelics [Re: Moonshoe]
    #4817715 -

All great ideas. Thanks for sharing them.

I think that developing a ritual for the use of these things will make it more rewarding. I've been thinking about it, and I'mm working on some ideas of my own, but it never hurts to ask what others might be doing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Spirituality and Psychedelics heavensgate 2,104 4 03/28/15 06:12 PM
by once in a lifetime
* The Good Friday Experiment -- Do psychedelics have religious import? AsanteM 2,158 3 04/14/06 12:36 PM
by Wysefool
* Pets, Entheogens, and Familiars shymanta 873 4 06/13/06 05:36 AM
by slaphappy
* Government, Society, Hallucinogens & Shamanism Sinbad 1,146 2 06/08/06 10:01 AM
by MAIA
* Qigong and entheogens flow 4,311 15 01/27/06 12:07 PM
by Gomp
* Chaos and Sorcery by Nicholas Hall LuSiD9 2,372 10 03/24/10 11:07 PM
by c0sm0nautt
* The ritual of the Empyrean Void lavod 1,032 5 09/02/07 11:32 PM
by JoseLibrado
* Psychedelics + Buddhism SapphireCat 2,248 12 12/03/06 05:28 PM
by gnrm23

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
4,643 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.