Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
1st attempt (Added TEK)
    #475212 - 11/30/01 07:10 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

This is my first attempt ever. Can't remember the strain as I sampled several right after the picture was taken. Started with an A though. First post also, just registered and am glad to join all of you. Added some pics for you, hope they show.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (12/02/01 07:02 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: 1st attempt [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #475227 - 11/30/01 07:20 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Well.. Looking as their is no pic. and this is your first time and you have No idea what stang..... Hmmmm...

Anyone?...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: 1st attempt *DELETED* [Re: Anonymous]
    #475239 - 11/30/01 07:28 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by luvdemshrooms

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (11/30/01 07:32 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#475249 - 11/30/01 07:35 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Don't know why there is no pic, can anyone help?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#475255 - 11/30/01 07:40 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

And all I had to do is follow the instructions....who would have thought!

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: 1st attempt (Now with pics) [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #475265 - 11/30/01 07:54 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Here's another...wire mesh has 1/4 in squares for scale.

--------------------

OfflineSnobrdr311
outdoorenthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #475284 - 11/30/01 08:07 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

holy shit, can you explain how you grew them, substrate...substrate depth, casing depth...etc. that's a hell
of a good first try, did you use anything for humidifcation?

Offlinestraightbangin
Re: 1st attempt [Re: Snobrdr311]
    #475294 - 11/30/01 08:15 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

werd! i'm about to inject spores into my substrate for the 1st time, i hope mine come out that good

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: 1st attempt [Re: Snobrdr311]
    #475299 - 11/30/01 08:16 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Substrate = finch food, flax seed, 1/2 cup each, 2 cups brown rice
Used a print, scraped it with a clean blade and tapped them into jars.
Casing is 75/25 peat and verm, plus a few tbsp of lime. 1 inch on bottom , 3/4 inch of substrate then thin layer of casing. Took about 10 days to reach the point of the pics.
1 inch of water on bottom, plus almost daily sprays.
Had a sensei to guide me, he did well.

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (11/30/01 08:18 PM)

Offlinefungichick
Your mom
    #475990 - 12/01/01 11:16 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Nicey Nice situations you got growin there. Congrats!

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
    #476004 - 12/01/01 11:31 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

1'st attempt.. my ass.... ;)

good work!

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: 1st attempt (Now with pics) [Re: Olgualion]
    #476019 - 12/01/01 11:57 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Whether you believe it or not, it is my first attempt. The man who guided me has been doing it for years and gave me very detailed instructions. Obviously he knew what he was talking about. The shrooms in the pics were started on 10/20. I have a total of four tanks just like it. I owe my sucess to him. One tank wound up tith some cobweb mold, the original casing was removed and the substrate was broken up and recased. All is well with it now, no more mold and growing fine about a week behind the rest.

--------------------

Invisibleisis
addict
    #476205 - 12/01/01 03:48 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Beautiful work. Nice mushies.

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
    #476329 - 12/01/01 05:58 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Damn! those are NICE! I wish I could do that. Maybe I will, with some practise.. hehe.. I got spores on the way

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#476466 - 12/01/01 08:15 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you one and all.

--------------------

OfflineGrimace
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
Re: 1st attempt [Re: Brugman]
    #476467 - 12/01/01 08:15 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

It doesn't appear that there is any perlite in that tank. Did you use anything to humidify your chamber?

Grimace

--------------------
"Is there anyway of knowing........which direction we are going?!! Yes!"
Mr. Wonka

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: 1st attempt [Re: Grimace]
    #476477 - 12/01/01 08:21 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Just a few cups of water at the bottom, plus twice a day sprays onto the drip guard.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#476902 - 12/02/01 07:01 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Shrooms

12 cups water to boil

Add
? cup flax seed
? cup finch food
Boil for 15 minutes.

Add 2 cups brown rice
Boil for 45 minutes.
Add more water if needed.

Or:

2 cups bird seed.
? cup finch food
? cup brown rice
? cup flax seed
Boil for 1 hour
Add more water if needed.

Rinse with cold water, drain very well. (At least 15 minutes)

Fill quart jars approximately 2/3 full. Clean rim with cold water and fingers. Cover with foil. Each jar will produce enough culture for 2 or 3 tins.

Place in pressure cooker with 6 cups water. I used a 20 quart which will hold 7 jars.

Cover and when steady stream of steam comes from spout, put on regulator and cook at 15lbs for 1 hour.

While cooking, clean small room thoroughly. Bathroom works well. Sterilize with Lysol.

Place pressure cooker into room and allow to cool for 8 ? 9 hours. Leave regulator cap on the stem.

When cool sterilize knife by spraying with Lysol and burn the Lysol.

Butterfly foil covers.

Add spores by scraping with knife blade. Small amount is enough. Tap into jar.

Seal foil covers tightly and shake mixture until thoroughly mixed.

Put into clear plastic garbage bag and place in closet.

After 10 ? 12 days, butterfly covers without opening bag. This will allow air trapped in bag to enter jars.

After 28 -30 days fill a tin slightly less than ? full with 50/50 mix vermiculite and peat moss with approximately 1 tablespoon of lime for each tin. (moist but not wet).

Break up culture with a fork into chunks the size of a quarter. Remove any substrate mix that does not have mycelium growth. Add ? inch layer of culture into tins. 1 jar should fill 2 ? 3 tins. Cover with more casing mix approximately ? thick.

Place into 10-gallon tank with 2-cup water inside and cover top. 4 tins will fit into each tank. Add a plexi drip guard at a 45 degree angle. Guard should be about 4 inches shorter than tank is long. For the cover I used plexi with a kitchen cabinet knob for easy opening and closing.

Temp should be between 70 ? 75 with occasional boost to 80 for several hour stretches. At night I sometimes allowed temps to drop to 65. Humidity level should be 90% +/- 5%.

Allow indirect light with occasional stretches of more direct light. Do not keep light so close to tank as to allow substrate to dry out.

2 or 3 times daily, fan carbon dioxide from tank. Spray inside and recover.

10 -15 days ? pluck!

If desired, dry by lying a fan on it?s back, place a wire screen onto the fan guard and dry for 2 ? 3 days. Time will vary depending on humidity in room and by size of shrooms.

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (12/02/01 07:06 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate