Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAncient_Traveler
Shroomer

My tatoo idea. I need some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism...
    #4686252 - 09/20/05 01:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Alright...I have been going through ideas for a tatoo for about six months now. I want something that will mean something to me about who I am and where I'm at.
I posted an earlier sketch in the other lounge and it didnt go too well. Must have posted it in the wrong place cause I just got completely trashed for no reason.
Anyway, Im just looking for some feedback, constructive criticism, or ideas.
Here's a rough sketch.

If you go look at the moon, you'll see that that's the face.

and please, if you hate it, just tell me. No need to throw insults... I haven't done anything wrong.
- Thanks

--------------------
----------
"You will never understand what reality truly is untill you first decide to open your eyes to see that it exists."
-Ancient Traveler

"There he goes...One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
-Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Edited by Ancient_Traveler (09/20/05 01:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: My tatoo idea. I need some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism... [Re: Ancient_Traveler]
    #4686284 - 09/20/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hehe you probably posted it in OTD...a cool place but it runs on sarcasm mostly.

Anyways, I think it's a really cool design. Is there any specific part of it you want feedback on?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4686290 - 09/20/05 02:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I wouldnt get any drug reference tattoed. What if you have a bad trip and realize you've been wasting all your time and money on shrooms and swear against it? Some people may tattoo something relating to music, or trade whatnot, and you're tattooing that you intake a drug.

Besides that ... it looks good.

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#4686295 - 09/20/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

just research the tatoo artist real good first, I have 3 and
2 are great, but 1 sucks.

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
Re: My tatoo idea. I need some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism... [Re: Fospher]
    #4686304 - 09/20/05 02:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I agree with you.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4686313 - 09/20/05 02:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Fospher said:
I wouldnt get any drug reference tattoed. What if you have a bad trip and realize you've been wasting all your time and money on shrooms and swear against it? Some people may tattoo something relating to music, or trade whatnot, and you're tattooing that you intake a drug.

My tat is based on a vision I had while tripping. I'm getting another one soon that represents psychedelic consciousness. I think I may even use this as a theme for all future tats. But the point is that they aren't depicitions of the drugs themselves, but rather symbols of what they've done for me.

--------------------

OfflineAncient_Traveler
Shroomer

#4686346 - 09/20/05 02:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Fospher said:

I have been thinking about that actually. Even at my young age, I've been through alot. . .coming from a poor town, growing up with basically nothing. My brother died, then my dad left us, then one after another my friends die. I went through alot of drugs. (pot, shrooms, alchohol, opium, crank, crystal, coke, crack, heroin, lsd, extacy, dxm, and every pill you can imagine.)
I went to the hospital several times from drug related things. Even technically died for a short time once. Then 4 months ago had a bad trip...and I mean REAL bad. Left me a shell of a person and I didnt come back from it for a long time. I still am a little off center.
I really got away from drugs completely and cleaned up...I've been trying to figure out who I really am. I now just smoke pot occasionally, and use shrooms as a tool.
My whole life I have been going by my parents beliefs, and just trying to deal with things any way I knew how. But I never really figured out who I was. This past 4-6 months, I have really been seaching my soul for answers and growing as a person. I have become strong internally and very open.
In less than a year I am actually moving to Jamaica with a friend. A new chapter in life... And I feel that my tatoo should reflect this stage in life. (I really am going. We've really got the money and everything worked out already. Just waiting a little while to tie things up on this side of the world.)
I realize that I may not be in this mindset for the rest of my life, but I hope that I'll be able to look back and see that shrooms were a good thing in my life. (but its not set in stone that the shrooms will be on whatever tatoo I get.)
and besides, its not like I'm putting a crack pipe on there. :wink:
Thanks for the feedback

--------------------
----------
"You will never understand what reality truly is untill you first decide to open your eyes to see that it exists."
-Ancient Traveler

"There he goes...One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4686361 - 09/20/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Why Jamaica?

--------------------

OfflineAncient_Traveler
Shroomer

Re: My tatoo idea. I need some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism... [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4686392 - 09/20/05 02:37 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

its like my personal paridise. Its got it's problems, but so does everywhere else in the world. But me and this friend have just been unexplicibly fascinated by it. Plus, thats where bob marley is from.
And their ganja laws are alright by me. Not sure if its legal right now, but they go back and forth on it all the time.

--------------------
----------
-Ancient Traveler

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4686397 - 09/20/05 02:38 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ancient_Traveler said:
And their ganja laws are alright by me. Not sure if its legal right now, but they go back and forth on it all the time.

Last I heard, their laws are harsher than ours.

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: My tatoo idea. I need some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism... [Re: Silversoul]
    #4686420 - 09/20/05 02:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

haha

--------------------

OfflineFospher
Male

Re: My tatoo idea. I need some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism... [Re: Silversoul]
    #4686431 - 09/20/05 02:49 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

Fospher said:

My tat is based on a vision I had while tripping.  I'm getting another one soon that represents psychedelic consciousness.  I think I may even use this as a theme for all future tats.  But the point is that they aren't depicitions of the drugs themselves, but rather symbols of what they've done for me.

Right on, but psychedelic doesnt have to mean drug-induced.

"Mind-manifesting" is the latin translation of the word, you can reach a similar mindset through meditation, or music or art. 

:tripping:

Tattoing a vision is respectable, and even though I take shrooms to a superficial level (teacher, not substance), I would never get it tattooed. Have people know you for your creative mindset, not amount of psychedelic drugs taken. One thing is walking around with a mushroom shirt, but putting it on your skin is a dedication that may not be the best of decisions.

Then again, if you're living in Jamaica for the rest of your life, I dont think anybody will give a fuck.

Wait some more, until you've decided on the idea 100%, dont put it on your body.

--------------------

OfflineAncient_Traveler
Shroomer

#4686444 - 09/20/05 02:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

that's a good point. I will probably wait till after a couple more mind-expanding trips and incorporate more of the information gathered rather than the means of gathering it.

--------------------
----------
-Ancient Traveler

OfflineFospher
Male

#4686459 - 09/20/05 02:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ancient_Traveler said:
that's a good point. I will probably wait till after a couple more mind-expanding trips and incorporate more of the information gathered rather than the means of gathering it.

Fucking right on, man.

--------------------

OfflineAncient_Traveler
Shroomer

#4686470 - 09/20/05 03:01 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks.
And does anyone know where to find the current ganja laws in jamaica?
I find stuff going back and forth over the past several years, and Im sure its illegal now... but I know theyre working on decriminalizing it

--------------------
----------
-Ancient Traveler

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4686488 - 09/20/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

If that's what you want.. get it.
Just get a really good artist

--------------------

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#4686533 - 09/20/05 03:21 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ancient_Traveler said:

You really have no clue what you are talking about, do you?

http://www.tc.edu/centers/cifas/drugsandsociety/background/

They do not "go back and fort on it all the time". It's been a static decision since it was originally made.

Jamaica has a history of punishing ganja drug offenders harsher than in the U.S.

OfflineAncient_Traveler
Shroomer

Re: My tatoo idea. I need some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism... [Re: spud]
    #4689371 - 09/21/05 07:25 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

oh. Well I've just been going by what I hear. I couldnt find anything recent and official. -Thanks
I still like Jamaica though :smile:

--------------------
----------
-Ancient Traveler

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #4689393 - 09/21/05 07:48 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

You've been there?

I'd like to go to the Caribbean.

--------------------

OfflineAncient_Traveler
Shroomer

Re: My tatoo idea. I need some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism... [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4689396 - 09/21/05 07:51 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah I went for 2 weeks once. It was cool. I wouldnt mind moving to Ireland either. I've got family there, and that's where my dad is from

--------------------
----------
-Ancient Traveler

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies