Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL
    #4669643 -

I think it was the second song of tales of the inexpressible. bad way to use this music :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: stefan]
    #4669678 -

wow, what a sell-out.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: Vvellum]
    #4669682 -

What commercial was it? I've never even heard a shpongle track.


--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: Vvellum]
    #4669694 -

bi0 said:
wow, what a sell-out.



What a humongous leap to a conclusion.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4669724 -

who gives a shit if shpongle was in a commercial. they are done making music. Simon Posford and Raja Ram have made three albums together and their latest release was Nothing Lasts but Nothing is Lost... hmm think their saying something. These two individuals have made some of the best music i've ever heard so i fine with them making some bank from it. and you gotta respect them because they only let their music be used in such ways after they finished the project. so you know the money aspect had nothing to do with the music itself.


--------------------
:goose:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4670091 -

I have little respect for those who agree to have their music in commericals - particularly those who hold "psychedelic" and "mind-expansion" pretenses. What a contradiction...

What did Bill Hicks say about those who do a commerical, again?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: Dimmy]
    #4670098 -

Quote:
so you know the money aspect had nothing to do with the music itself.



I highly doubt that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: Vvellum]
    #4670228 -

One of Shpongles songs have a guitar track that is in several different songs. I believe it's a hispanic folk song on guitar or something, which they used and added other things around it. Maybe that was it, it's on a soccer video game I used to have before I heard the shpongle song.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: Vvellum]
    #4670386 -

bi0 said:
I have little respect for those who agree to have their music in commericals - particularly those who hold "psychedelic" and "mind-expansion" pretenses. What a contradiction...

What did Bill Hicks say about those who do a commerical, again?



Then how do you go about Boards of Canada selling out to Nissan?

http://www.sagafilm.is/index.mpl?i=2&o=97


--------------------
Every Animal Is Someone 🌱 watchdominion.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: Vvellum]
    #4670471 -

bi0 said:
I have little respect for those who agree to have their music in commericals - particularly those who hold "psychedelic" and "mind-expansion" pretenses. What a contradiction...

What did Bill Hicks say about those who do a commerical, again?



"psychelic" and "mind-expansion" pretenses does not nessacerily mean that making a little bit of money from one of your songs is a bad thing. if you bought the cd its the same thing, they sold there songs to make money. its what we call "making a living"

also bill hicks is just a dude, its probably not a good idea to follow everything he says in life...


--------------------
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs." --Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: Vvellum]
    #4670472 -

bi0 said:
I have little respect for those who agree to have their music in commericals - particularly those who hold "psychedelic" and "mind-expansion" pretenses. What a contradiction...

What did Bill Hicks say about those who do a commerical, again?



Something about how they lose any right to call themselfs artists. He'd probably add something nice like now they suck on the devils cock too.


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: ivi]
    #4671918 -

pretty lame, but I am still a fan.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: guri]
    #4671932 -

guri said:
bi0 said:
I have little respect for those who agree to have their music in commericals - particularly those who hold "psychedelic" and "mind-expansion" pretenses. What a contradiction...

What did Bill Hicks say about those who do a commerical, again?



"psychelic" and "mind-expansion" pretenses does not nessacerily mean that making a little bit of money from one of your songs is a bad thing. if you bought the cd its the same thing, they sold there songs to make money. its what we call "making a living"

also bill hicks is just a dude, its probably not a good idea to follow everything he says in life...



Yes.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: guri]
    #4671940 -

Quote:
"psychelic" and "mind-expansion" pretenses does not nessacerily mean that making a little bit of money from one of your songs is a bad thing



I have no problems with people making money - never said I did. Nor did I say that selling your music to a commerical is "bad" - I just think it makes you a sell-out - just another example of counter culture being absorbed and assimilated by mainstream culture.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: Vvellum]
    #4671945 -

So there's no middle-ground, in your mind? That's too bad.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4671956 -

what would be the middle ground you speak of? You either agree to assimilate or you do not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: Vvellum]
    #4671964 -

This is the kind of divisive, dualistic thinking that I attempt to avoid. I believe you can have each foot in a different world, as long as you maintain a healthy balance.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4671972 -

...such as? what is the middle ground?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: Vvellum]
    #4671981 -

The middle ground doesn't necessarily exist...I'm just saying you're dividing it up like..once you sell your music to be in a commerical, you have officially sold out. I dunno about that...I mean..what commerical was it seen in? That wasn't even answered. Even artists, with "dignity" and "purpose" are entitled to make money however they can..


Also, who's to say it was Simon Posford's decision? it could have been his record label, or an American distributor with rights to his music in the US.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: just heard a part of a shpongle track in a TV-COMMERCIAL [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4672008 -

I would also like to know what commerical.

Quote:
Even artists, with "dignity" and "purpose" are entitled to make money however they can..



Sure, they can do whatever they want. But that doesnt mean I should respect them or not consider them assimilation-fodder.

Quote:
Also, who's to say it was Simon Posford's decision? it could have been his record label, or an American distributor with rights to his music in the US.



The artist agreed to such a contract that would allow such marketing licensing, so they are ultimately responsible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Could NORMAL do a TV commercial?
( 1 2 all )
GreasyGrassRiver 4,137 24 06/21/22 12:04 AM
by gamergod88
* . z_x_x_z 1,353 14 09/06/05 02:44 AM
by knumb
* Shpongled at Last, Thank God, Shpongled at Last!
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 9,679 50 01/10/05 01:51 PM
by Vvellum
* I can't f'n stand tv when high... TheLightIsOn 1,477 10 09/12/05 08:58 PM
by schmektron
* the new Shpongle OneMoreRobot3021 772 13 06/15/05 11:12 AM
by dnL
* Sappy music in movies and TV shows RandalFlagg 1,302 13 10/10/05 11:50 AM
by barfightlard
* TV is going to steal our lives! Jim 2,355 19 09/30/04 12:09 AM
by Skikid16
* Yellow Submarine parody used in commercial LearyfanS 3,988 14 03/11/03 06:18 PM
by djfrog

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,849 topic views. 2 members, 198 guests and 97 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.