Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Ecstasy big in local nightlife 'People say it makes them feel freaky and high' [GUY]
    #4621206 - 09/04/05 11:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ecstasy big in local nightlife 'People say it makes them feel freaky and high'
September 5, 2005 - stabroeknews.com

Beset by the spiralling narcotics trade, the CustomAnti Narcotics Unit (CANU) and the Guyana Police Force are now faced with the new challenge of ecstasy, a (tabletlike drug which elevates one mood and makes one feel relaxed).

But according to senior police sources, much of what is being sold as "ecstasy" (XTC) on the black market actually contains other drugs, some of which can be more dangerous.

Recent reports have revealed that the drug is already widespread in society and it could be easily bought at certain nightclubs and drug houses in and around the city.

Ecstasy, also referred to as Methylenedioxy methamphetamine, belongs to a family of drugs called entactogens which literally means "touching within." It is almost always swallowed as a tablet or capsule. A normal dose is around 100-125 mg, but according to internet reports black market "ecstasy" tablets vary widely in strength, and often contain other drugs.

Before it was made illegal in 1985, ecstasy was used by psychiatrists as a therapeutic tool and studies are currently underway in Spain and Israel assessing the drug's effectiveness in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

Crime Chief, Henry Greene told this newspaper recently that a study was being conducted by the police and CANU to determine the potency of the drug and its availability.

Greene said as far as he was aware no one has ever been charged for possessing the drug in Guyana, but police were on high alert for it.

An official at CANU told this newspaper that they had received information about a few places where the drug might be sold, but no one has been arrested. The official was confident that the drug which is very popular in North America, Europe and Asia, was being smuggled from Suriname. "We are looking at every possible port to see where it might be coming from," the official said adding that the use of ecstasy has not yet posed any serious threat. The CANU official noted that ecstasy was not an overthecounter drug and it was illegal.

A woman who says she is familiar with the trade here told Stabroek News that there were several persons in Georgetown who the tablet can be accessed from.

According to the woman the tablet costs around $300-$600 depending on its strength.

Asked where the drug was most prevalent, the woman noted at some of the nightclubs in the city. "I am surprised that so many people are using the tablet now and a lot of female adults," the woman said. Stabroek News was told that persons have been purchasing the tablet with great regularity from dealers who are buying it wholesale from Suriname and French Guiana.

"People say it makes them feel freaky and high and they are using it a lot in the clubs," the woman disclosed.

A former student of a city school said she never saw the drug, but was told about it by a friend who was introduced to it by her boyfriend. According to the former student, from what she knew the drug has been around for quite some time, but she observed that it was becoming widespread. She said a friend seemed to have enjoyed her first exposure to the drug as from that time she was a constant user. The young woman observed that a number of schoolgirls were being introduced to the drug by their boyfriends who tend to use it as a date rape drug. "I still believe a lot of young people out there do not know about the dangers of the drug and have been using it."

The recently launched National Drug Strategy master plan did note that over the years Guyana has experienced the introduction of the synthetic drug ecstasy and that there is evidence of the presence of the opium-based drug heroin.

According to internet reports, ecstasy is a "mood elevator" that produces a relaxed, euphoric state, but it does not produce hallucinations. The tablet takes effect some 20 to 40 minutes after use, with rushes of exhilaration which can be accompanied by nausea. Sixty to ninety minutes after taking the drug, the user feels the peak effects. Sensations are enhanced and the user experiences heightened feelings of empathy, emotional warmth, and selfacceptance. The effects of 'real' ecstasy subside after about 35 hours. Users report, according to internet reports, that the experience is very pleasant and highly controllable. Ecstasy is not physically addictive, one report cited, but warned that the drug can often take on great importance in people's lives, and some people become compulsive in their use of it. Taken too frequently, however, ecstasy loses its impact.

The CANU official said ecstasy is illegal and there was a penalty for possession of the drug. Frequent or high doses of the drug have been linked to neurotoxic damage in laboratory animals. It is still unknown whether such damage occurs in humans or, if it does, whether this has any longterm, negative consequences. One woman told Stabroek News that some persons experience depression after taking the tablet. Internet reports said there have been some deaths associated with ecstasy. These however have been as a result of heatstroke from dancing for long periods of time in hot clubs without replenishing lost body fluids.

* note: $300-600 GYD = $1.75-3.50 USD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Ecstasy big in local nightlife 'People say it makes them feel freaky and high' [GUY] [Re: veggie]
    #4621331 - 09/05/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

<<* note: $300-600 GYD = $1.75-3.50 USD>>

Fucking dirt cheap pills..can't find any here for under $15

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Ecstasy big in local nightlife 'People say it makes them feel freaky and high' [GUY] [Re: veggie]
    #4622435 - 09/05/05 12:39 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

A normal dose is around 100125 mg, ....

What???!!!
Who takes a 100 gram doses of X??

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleveggieM

Re: Ecstasy big in local nightlife 'People say it makes them feel freaky and high' [GUY] [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4623013 - 09/05/05 03:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, 100 grams is definitely in the 'I think I took too much' category. I'm sure that's a typo. Fixed to read 100-125 mg

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
    #4623047 - 09/05/05 03:30 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

100g still isn't lethal :smile:

X still sales for $2-3 a pill in the UK. The US just likes to pay more. Only cost about .50 to make a pill. The US prices haven't changed much over the past 10 years. Street price is still $20-25, can be as low as 15 and as high as 30. Wholesale price is still about 10-1200 for a jar, 6k or so for a jug.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Ecstasy big in local nightlife 'People say it makes them feel freaky and high' [GUY] [Re: Smushroom]
    #4626814 - 09/06/05 06:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I know a few people who get their beans for as low as $5 each. They are only acquaintances so I can't get it for that.

ALso, I once read that X can be made for as little as $.20 a pill.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
Re: Ecstasy big in local nightlife 'People say it makes them feel freaky and high' [GUY] [Re: Ekstaza]
    #4628830 - 09/07/05 04:42 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I could get pills at 3? a hit in my day.

MDMA goes for 40-50? a gram (4-5? per dose) around my parts.
But I heard of it being sold at 10?/g in a certain european country.

Smushroom 100g of mdma contains MANY lethal doses. 2g taken in one sitting would prolly be enough to kill most people.

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: Ecstasy big in local nightlife 'People say it makes them feel freaky and high' [GUY] [Re: esin]
    #4631875 - 09/07/05 08:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Actually no, not at all. Don't try to school me on X. 2g is 20 normal doses. Avg dose is between 80-120 mg. Most US pills are 70-90mg. Don't try and show me dancesafe showing 220mg either, that is weight, not chemical content. I know people that take 10 pills all at once. I have taken as many as 16 (was low dose though) in a night. LD-50 for MDMA is 97ip. Meaning 97 mg/kg of body weight. ip is injected into a vein (used to testing mice, can't test humans).

So, lets say you weigh 150 lbs. That is 68 kg. So LD-50 is 66g when injected. Would be higher if taken orally since pills are time released. Even without factoring in taking it orally, 100g would be the LD-50 dose for a 220 lb person.

BTW, LD-50 is the dose at which 50% of the test field are dead. Doesn't mean doubling will be 100%. So if 100 people weighing 220 lbs took 100g, only 50 would die, and that isn't certain.

InvisibleSmushroom
Avid Learner
Re: Ecstasy big in local nightlife 'People say it makes them feel freaky and high' [GUY] [Re: Smushroom]
    #4631894 - 09/07/05 08:42 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Sorry if I sounded bitchy. Not really in a good mood and don't like people saying wrong stuff about X.

Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
    #4641135 - 09/10/05 07:53 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

LD50 of oral Morphine HCl on mice: 745 mg/kg (source: http://bulkpharm.mallinckrodt.com/_attachments/msds/MORPC.htm )

Let's assume you weigh 68kg. 68 X 745 = 50,660. That's right, ~50g.

Now i DARE you to go and eat 1/10th of that (5g morphine HCl) and see if you stay alive :smirk:

You can NEVER extrapolate animal LD50's to humans. Especially mice which are known to have quite higher LD50 than humans.

PS - Please ignore my dare, it would be suicidal to eat 5g of morphine.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale