Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLipaYai5
Fuzzy

Loc: Mamunia... whoaaooo.
mimosa trees
    #4555657 - 08/19/05 02:14 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, there are two trees that are Mimosa in my gramma's yard... I have tried doing bark extracts before, but gave up after my yeild was not what i had expected... and I don't believe it was what I was looking for, as i took the bark low off of the tree and not from the roots below ground.

Does anyone know how to describe Mimosa Hostillis to a degree that I know these trees are either Hostillis or not hostillis?
These trees grow seed pods that look like really thin, wide green beans, and they also grow furry looking flowers, pink and white in colour, and they kind of remind me of pompoms because they're puffy/stringy looking. If anyone knows info on this, I thank you for sharing it in advance, as the ethnogens are of great interest to me!

Also if you have any suggestions as to where on the plant to collect bark... like, how far from the tree itself should I dig to get good rootbark, and will this damage the tree's life?

thanks again

-LY5

--------------------
www.livephish.com
[url = www.absinthesupply.com]
[url = www.sugarmegs.org]
url = www.ebaumsworld.com
= www.rpwebworks.com

"Never fail to stand up for what you believe in, there will always be  someone else who believes in something else."-Me :smirk:
To contact me via MSN messenger, guess my f^$ing contact name... you phsychic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: mimosa trees [Re: LipaYai5]
    #4556032 - 08/19/05 04:20 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Erowid has some identification shtuff.

OfflineLipaYai5
Fuzzy

Re: mimosa trees [Re: Legoulash]
    #4557676 - 08/20/05 02:13 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Damn I was afraid you'd say that.

Somehow I feel like I've looked there before, and somehow, I'm not sure that I've seen anything useful as far as identifying those trees... I'll check there again, but I still think they didn't have all the information I was wanting... oh well, I'll see...

thanks
-LY5

*edited*
yes... I did find a few things I haven't looked at, they have an interesting page on Jurema, the rituals of drinking root extract by Brazilian tribals. I still do not know for sure if the mimosa I have is Hostilis, but I suppose that if I wanted to play with some root bark, I'd be better off ordering from www.iamshaman.com or someplace!

-LY5

--------------------
www.livephish.com
= www.rpwebworks.com

"Never fail to stand up for what you believe in, there will always be  someone else who believes in something else."-Me :smirk:

Edited by LipaYai5 (08/20/05 02:54 AM)

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
    #4566156 - 08/22/05 10:17 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like silk tree to me (then again I`m no expert). Google silk tree and find a picture.

Pretty sure it doesnt contain any indoles. Dont smoke anything you extracted until your 100 percent on the ID.

--------------------
'divine moments of truth, total and utter cosmic stuff...'
'be here now... i love everybody'

OfflineLipaYai5
Fuzzy

Re: mimosa trees [Re: Chemical_Bliss]
    #4566854 - 08/22/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, as it turns out, I was a little ignorant on even the tropical zone that Hostilis grows... it couldn't even grow here where I'm at outside, i'd need a greenhouse for hostilis. guess my next extraction will be from commercial rootbark! thanks for humouring my inquiry! ;-P

-LY5

--------------------
www.livephish.com
= www.rpwebworks.com

Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

#4583909 - 08/26/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not sure where you're from, but in the midwest mainly - desmanthus illinoiensis is an evasive weed, and it takes 3 years untill you can harvest the roots. On the topic of hostillis ((aho)), did you know that a tree from lives on/is found only on this tree? And the frog has 5-meo, but not dmt. Makes you wonder what kind of symbiosis is happening there. Once I was walking and this frog started chirping at me!! and then is stopped when I went a bit further. Weird, not too weird - then I on my way back to the car it chirped at me again - too weird... Could it sense my hightened levels of dmt i wonder?

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: mimosa trees [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #4587286 - 08/27/05 12:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Mimosa has pudica which is a whole lot more commonplace then mimosa hostilis. Mimosa pudica is called the sensitive plant. When you touch the thin leaves with water, or simply just brush against them the leaves fold into the branch. Very fast spreading plant, flowers at only 10 inches tall or so. Seeds are very small, easily spread around via wind. Very invasive to Hawaii, but the plant seems oddy strong to non tropical climates as well. I would note the plant must die in the extreme cold temperatures due to it's small structure and thin stem. Don't quote me here, but I don't think it would survive in the 40 degree and below F temperatures.

Mimosa hostilis, the plant most people seek must be rare in seed form. I have recieved supposed mimosa hostilis seeds from various sources (free seed thread and some individual on ebay) both where a sham and they had only sent mimosa pudica or desmanthus illinoiensis. The seeds for mimosa pudica, mimosa hostilis, and desmanthus illinoiensis are exactly the same to the eye. Possibily with a microscope you could identify differences. The colors of each seed are slightly different, yet they are all within a very narrow range of brown to dark brown.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: mimosa trees [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #4587460 - 08/27/05 01:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

psychopsilocyber said:
I'm not sure where you're from, but in the midwest mainly - desmanthus illinoiensis is an evasive weed, and it takes 3 years untill you can harvest the roots. On the topic of hostillis ((aho)), did you know that a tree from lives on/is found only on this tree? And the frog has 5-meo, but not dmt. Makes you wonder what kind of symbiosis is happening there. Once I was walking and this frog started chirping at me!! and then is stopped when I went a bit further. Weird, not too weird - then I on my way back to the car it chirped at me again - too weird... Could it sense my hightened levels of dmt i wonder?

Psilocin is just 4-OH-DMT, iirc... It all goes back to DMT, which is an endogenous drug as well as, uh, exogenous.

--------------------
delta9

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
Re: mimosa trees [Re: delta9]
    #4655680 - 09/13/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

hey guys, im working on a mimosa identification guide:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4655668/an/0/page/0

any1 wanna add something id apreciate it.

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

Offlinefractalicious
Fractal Finder Extrordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: Music Capital of the Worl... Flag
Re: identifying mimosa trees [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #17058857 - 10/18/12 11:49 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Just returned from places several thousand miles south, there are many many mimosa species many with great big green bean pods they are the Flamboyant, called Flamboya down south the real deal MT MH has thorns like a rose.

So many not too well informed persons in USA actually think they can just grow a couple trees and they will be self sufficient.

LAL not even it takes many MANY hard hours of digging several trees to get anything significant so unless you have several acres of them forget about it!

--------------------
The difficulty of performing a given task is directly proportional to a persons capability for confusion. Is yours high? :ooo:

Offlinefractalicious
Fractal Finder Extrordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: Music Capital of the Worl... Flag
    #17058882 - 10/18/12 11:54 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like the ornamental Mimosa Pudica.

One should be really careful extracting from various mimosa trees as some contain known toxins in them in example we have the Acacia Rigidula it contains the same thing as fake red death ecstacy PMA which makes you overheat and your brain cooks.

Japanese did not invent amphetamines first however this tree did.

--------------------
The difficulty of performing a given task is directly proportional to a persons capability for confusion. Is yours high? :ooo:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies