Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePirate_Patrick
Stranger
 User Gallery
Psytopia was awesome besides all the BS
    #4573278 - 08/23/05 11:12 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I am very happy to report that Psytopia was an awesome experience regardless of no bands and no speakers. Alex Pearlstien didn't even show up but we had a great time. Yeah there was drama. There was some drama between two of the guys that tried to help make the event happen despite Alex's absince. Fellow Pystopians and I are starting a picture and video sharing network to show everyone what happened. I will write a more detailed report in next couple of days with some of my personal pictures (9 inch blunt, ect ect).

Edited by Pirate_Patrick (08/23/05 11:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Psytopia was awesome besides all the BS [Re: Pirate_Patrick]
    #4573763 - 08/24/05 01:52 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Glad to hear, I bet it was a blast nontheless. I wouldve gone without the speakers or music if only it wasnt so expensive!

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: Psytopia was awesome besides all the BS [Re: Fospher]
    #4574734 - 08/24/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

There were speakers and muscians, djs, and performers that showed up. For those of us that could, we worked out deals with hotel management to still give our presentations, sell our goods, or do performances. All these people came and paid out of their pocket, when they had originally been told by Alex that it would all be covered.

Thanks to CJ and Stoner for trying to get things organized. We had fun at our presentation, sorry we couldn't stay but the 3 days at the beginning. Would have been different had Alex taken care of our accomodations as he originally promised.

Hopefully cya next year!

OfflineBooger
addict

Re: Psytopia was awesome besides all the BS [Re: psilocyber]
    #4579674 - 08/25/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Had a great time! Maybe too good of a time the last night, went kinda comatose. Airport security liked my little satchel on the way to the plane. The girl looked very disappointed that I wasn't carrying weed in it. They appeared to be looking for POUNDS, not a stray spliff.

SCARY airplane ride back to the U.S., there was a severe storm at ATL.

I got to go through security 2 more times at ATL. Got frisked. I guess they figured a stoner looking person going on a trip this time might be carrying. My dirty clothes must have smelled nice to the dogs, since we walked through the plants at Nine Mile. :-D

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: Psytopia was awesome besides all the BS [Re: Booger]
    #4583280 - 08/26/05 08:44 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I'm fairly clean cut, and always make it a point to wear fresh clothing and shave before I leave Jamaica (experience is a good teacher). If I do this I get hassled significantly less! My buddy, on the other hand, got the hard core shakedown in Memphis through customs. Obviously nobody on our crew is stupid enough to try and smuggle anything out of Jamaica other than maybe a cuban cigar or two :wink:.

Our flight landed in Memphis right after the plane from Amsterdam... talk about some customs officials licking their chops :wink:.

Glad you had a great time Booger, hope we were able to shed some wisdom for you in our lecture. I'm very hopeful we can do this again next year, maybe in the end of July so college students don't have a problem attending. I hear CJ and a few others are talking about making it a "community" organized event... cut out the promotors.

OfflineBooger
addict

Re: Psytopia was awesome besides all the BS [Re: psilocyber]
    #4583610 - 08/26/05 10:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I do like the NON-promoter angle. It's possible we could even go for some travel agent to book the flights with the rooms and save everyone a lot of money.

I wore clean clothes, but my dirty laundry probably reeked. That case took so long to get across the airport!

Has any Psytopian tripped since this, and did you find your head was very noisy with other voices in it? PM me if this makes any sense to you.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale