Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The 700 club
    #4577841 -

Okay, I do not agree with organized religion as a whole, but that's not what I'm writing about. I highly doubt this post will offend anyone on here anyways.

For one reason or another, my TV got left on CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network) and for an ever odder reason, I found myself watching the 700 club for an hour. This is by far the most ridiculous "news" broadcast ever broadcasted. FOX news is close, but not up to par. This was the most biased show I think I have ever seen. When I first started watching the show, I thought it was some SNL spoof or something but in fact it was totally real. The entire show is about how "Jesus saves" and "just look at what Christianity did for [insert name here]. I found myself laughing at the things Pat Robertson (the main news anchor) was saying. "Left-wingers will have you believe the economy is in bad shape... now clearly that is just liberal propaganda."

Anyways I don't even know why I decided to post about this. Has anyone else watched this show for more than a second or two? I was thoroughly disgusted.

Thoughts?

Oh, one time, the 700 Club came back on-air from a commercial break and I saw Pat:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: Blek]
    #4577845 -

Pat Robertson is insane.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: Blek]
    #4577849 -

Pat Robertson also endorses assassination, you know, like Jesus Christ would have.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: Vvellum]
    #4577861 -

I find it troubling that people look at him as a spiritual leader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: Blek]
    #4577864 -

evangelicals in this country are gaining power and will destoy everything we enjoy eventually....if they are not stopped.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4577874 -

you already lost your right and power , don't be naive

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4577878 -

protestant morals will prevail!

pat robertson is good, but if you watch CBN (TBN -(Trinity (as in the holy trinity) Broadcasting Network)) here as much as we do you will see plenty of people who have not only fallen off their rocker but have set it on fire and are dancing around it. People like Hal Lindsey, where every single show he does is about how all these bible prophesies are coming true which means jesus is going to come back VERY soon! People such as Jack Van-Impe who can't spit out a single sentence without quoting five bible verses. The actual content of both of these guys' shows is utterly ridiculous. You should really check em out. Don't miss the creation scientist show! You too can learn how carbon dating is a crock of shit and that anyone who claims that the earth is over 6,000 years old is a LIAR!

This station is riddled with lunacy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: Blek]
    #4578148 -



--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: Blek]
    #4578292 -

As I've said before, I'd beat that old fuck Pat Robertson to death.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4578306 -

Newsbreak: you're all worthless sinners unless you follow Jesus via Pat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: Blek]
    #4578327 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4578463 -

HeavyToilet said:
As I've said before, I'd beat that old fuck Pat Robertson to death.



best post of the summer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: Blek]
    #4578557 -

Ahh, I love watching that show. It's so full of shit. They show you examples of people who have been in tight financial situations, and decided to give money to Pat Robertson because of the "Law of Reciprocity" (the idea that God is going to give back ten fold what you give, basically). Lo & behold, all of these "miracles" started happening and their money problems were solved!


It's the biggest scam in the world. Asking poor people to send in their money with the promise that God will take care of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: Twirling]
    #4578559 -

Twirling said:
It's the biggest scam in the world. Asking poor people to send in their money with the promise that God will take care of them.



I was once watching it when they started begging for money right after calling it the root of all evil.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4578572 -

KingOftheThing said:
evangelicals in this country are gaining power and will destoy everything we enjoy eventually....if they are not stopped.



Got any workable suggestions for stopping them?


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: Icelander]
    #4582698 -

"Just like what Nazi Germany did to the Jews, so liberal America is now doing to the evangelical Christians. It's no different. It is the same thing. It is happening all over again. It is the Democratic Congress, the liberal-based media and the homosexuals who want to destroy the Christians. Wholesale abuse and discrimination and the worst bigotry directed toward any group in America today. More terrible than anything suffered by any minority in history."

I've got to say, this is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. Funny, I posted this thread early this morning and there's already 2 pages of replies. Seems to be a topic in which a lot of people have strong opinions... I wonder why ..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: Blek]
    #4582736 -

Pat once called The Church of the Subgenius the "most dangerously subversive church in America today". After hearing that, I just had to send my $30 to "Bob"!  :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The 700 club [Re: Le_Canard]
    #4582746 -

hahaha even the white house cringes when Pat starts making his famous nonsensical comments that guy is a complete nut

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pat Robertson Leg Presses 2,000 Pounds!!!!!!!! vintage_gonzo 1,096 9 05/27/06 02:34 AM
by browndustin
* Shock: Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson favors marijuana legalization blissedout 1,779 13 12/23/10 07:34 PM
by realfuzzhead
* Want to know something you and Pat Robertson (crazy evangelical) both agree on? Nova 198 0 03/08/12 03:27 PM
by Nova
* Pat Robertson suggested the Haiti's earthquake was divine retribution.
( 1 2 3 all )
vinsue 4,667 49 01/15/10 12:14 PM
by trekie
* You Have 24 Hours to Stop the Broadcast Flag Xionide 749 0 06/21/05 03:59 AM
by Xionide
* The Max Headroom broadcast signal intrusion incident blewmeanie 1,130 6 08/13/09 06:11 AM
by Learyfan
* pat robertson TODAY 685 6 05/02/05 01:20 AM
by batou
* Pat Robertson a Narc (are we surprised?) [Video] C20H25N3O 515 4 02/19/08 05:16 PM
by Le_Canard

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,616 topic views. 2 members, 15 guests and 128 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.