Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineColdNewWorld
LovePirateLostOnTheSea
Ear plugs
    #4548255 - 08/17/05 09:18 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Today I was helping my brother with this type of nail gun that makes very loud noises and is good to wear ear plugs with.
They made me feel really good, very internal like a drug. I cared less about what was happening around me, more in my own world. Its like a drug.
Im going to be using ear plugs alot soon. Try it out for yourself and share your thoughts.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Ear plugs [Re: ColdNewWorld]
    #4548423 - 08/17/05 09:48 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Amen on the ear plugs. I wear them inside my helmet while riding motorcycles, mowing lawn, or doing anything that creates noise over about 70-80 decibels. At my old company, people use to work in this loud machine shop on machines that created about 100+ Db, and nobody but me wore earplugs. You had to scream to talk in there, it was insane. Good choice protecting your ears, because you don't get another set.

The quiet solitude of earplugs is nice, I agree.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

Re: Ear plugs [Re: Holydiver]
    #4548483 - 08/17/05 09:58 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

What about concerts, man?  :confused:

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Ear plugs [Re: TubOlucinogens]
    #4548910 - 08/17/05 11:06 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

my problem with earplugs at concerts is they cut a lot of tones out and like, if the bands have bad mixing (most seem to have too much bass, not quite enough guitar presence) it can be really difficult to hear the dynamics and even just HEAR certain instruments ala guitars.

so fuck up your ears? Or go to a show not being able to hear the people around you very well and muffle out the bands sound?

It's a tough dilemma... i very rarely go to concerts so i usually tough it out, but always regret it later.....

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineColdNewWorld
LovePirateLostOnTheSea
Re: Ear plugs [Re: leery11]
    #4549213 - 08/18/05 12:07 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

dude i wouldnt wear ear plugs at a concert. not that i go to many concerts anyways.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4550064 - 08/18/05 03:36 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
my problem with earplugs at concerts is they cut a lot of tones out and like, if the bands have bad mixing (most seem to have too much bass, not quite enough guitar presence) it can be really difficult to hear the dynamics and even just HEAR certain instruments ala guitars.

so fuck up your ears? Or go to a show not being able to hear the people around you very well and muffle out the bands sound?

It's a tough dilemma... i very rarely go to concerts so i usually tough it out, but always regret it later.....

A while ago I bought earplugs that are suitable for musicians; the frequencies don't change. So these things are perfect for wearing to concerts, parties or when you play in a band etc :laugh:
also you can easily hear what people saying.

A music store should have them :thumbup:
http://www.nzmusician.co.nz/index.php/ps_pagename/articledetail/pi_articleid/566

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Ear plugs [Re: stefan]
    #4551863 - 08/18/05 04:09 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ColdNewWorld said:
dude i wouldnt wear ear plugs at a concert. not that i go to many concerts anyways.

well I mean, the musicians I hang out with are REALLY deaf from constantly listening to their music too loud, blaring their guitars too loud, and going to too many concerts.

My vision isn't what it should be, so I really need to hold on to my hearing. My friend had to turn my TV up about twice as loud as I normally need it just for like casual TV watching.... unless he was being obnoxious, but I know his hearing is fucked up.

That's why I support the notion of earplugs at concerts.

I'll look into those musician ones but any music store around here would charge way too much, probably twice as much as they are worth.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
Re: Ear plugs [Re: ColdNewWorld]
    #4551918 - 08/18/05 04:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I've never worn earplugs at concerts and I've been to hundreds. It'll more than likely catch up to me when I'm older, but fuck it I'm enjoying whats laid on me now. Also when I used to practice with my band we had the loudest jam sessions that left my ears ringing everytime. I tried using earplugs during jam sessions but I just couldn't do it.

OfflineJabbawaya

Re: Ear plugs [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #4552186 - 08/18/05 05:25 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Hearing is just too precious to risk. Would you really want to take the chance of never being able to hear music or sounds again? Think about it. It would be so horrible...

Ear plugs at concerts. Definitely.

--------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4554215 - 08/19/05 02:43 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I'll look into those musician ones but any music store around here would charge way too much, probably twice as much as they are worth.

you can probably order them cheaper somewhere online :thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being