Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Man, summer is almost over....
    #4514022 -

I got dem summer time blues. Worked my ass off last semester, and never got to recouperate. It's kind of a long story, but essentially I haven't really been able to enjoy my summer. Pretty soon I'm going to be doing an intense courseload invovling Biology & Chemistry labs.

I really need to gain my perspective and motivation before that starts! I can't imagine going into 2 labs half-assed. Help me pub! Help!!


--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: Twirling]
    #4514028 -

what you need is a weekend in some amazing place, one or two good friends and a teonanacatyl ice tea for good measure.

youll either make amens with your summer, or not..

and honestly i suppose its always your decision to feel whichever way you choose, but those mushrooms sure would kick you in your chakras a bit.

:heart:


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: Twirling]
    #4514030 -

You need to really attack the rest of the summer or you will be left unfullfilled and then not have a good semester. Go out and enjoy yourself until you are sick of enjoying yourself then work will be a blessing.


--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: Twirling]
    #4514032 -

I'm in the same boat. I've been working and taking classes all spring and summer, so I haven't been able to enjoy this summer at all. :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: Twirling]
    #4514046 -

I graduate this quarter

ack

i still want to get some puter certifcations first tho.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: Todcasil]
    #4514069 -

Yes! An awesome night is what I require. Sadly, mushrooms are not currently an option. Perhaps a phenethyl alternative. I'm rather low on money at the moment, but that might change. 


I need to go from this - :ashamed:

To this -  :pills: :shroomer: :thirdeyeani:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: Twirling]
    #4514224 -

I only got a part of August off myself. I've been biking/yoga/swimming/hanging with the family/being in nature/laying back at home. This Friday though I'm starting up on the Cross Country team so its a short summer of zero school affiliations. Oh well, running is good for the soul.

Just get out and do as much as you can. Thats all I could tell ya. Good luck. Biology and chemistry labs are very fun. I'm doing some of that too.  :thumbup:


--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: PuZuZu]
    #4514242 -

I'm looking forward to Chemistry & Biology because they seem like rather interesting sciences with a lot of relevance. I'm intimidated by 2.5 hour labs, which strikes terror in my heart, but at the sametime, it's hands on and rather interactive. Part of the reason I'm hoping to go in with motivation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: Twirling]
    #4514249 -

Oh yeah, the hands and interactive aspect along with how logical and objective it is. The exploration of life and how much science appeals to me. Really, 2.5 hours is awesome. You learn so much.


--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: Twirling]
    #4514478 -

If you love the sciences, why stress it? You're inherently good at things that are of interest to you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: Twirling]
    #4514511 -

Quote:
"Summer's almost gone
Summer's almost gone
Almost gone
Yeah, it's almost gone
Where will we be
When the summer's gone?

Morning found us calmly unaware
Noon burn gold into our hair
At night, we swim the laughin' sea
When summer's gone
Where will we be
Where will we be
Where will we be

Morning found us calmly unaware
Noon burn gold into our hair
At night, we swim the laughin' sea
When summer's gone
Where will we be

Summer's almost gone
Summer's almost gone
We had some good times
But they're gone
The winter's comin' on
Summer's almost gone"










--------------------
--------------------------------


Mp3 of the month: Wild Things- Another Colored Ink Drawing (A.C.I.D.)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: Learyfan]
    #4514514 -

i hate summer... i cant wait till winter...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: AliceDee]
    #4514527 -

I'm glad. I hate the heat, fat people in more provocative clothing, and finally begin classes next month.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: Adden]
    #4514536 -

S_2 said:
If you love the sciences, why stress it? You're inherently good at things that are of interest to you.



Mainly because last semester was extremely stressful, like the point of insanity type of stress. I had found a solution to the problem (family member's mental illness), only to have it not solve anything. I was looking forward to releasing that tension, but so far it's been one thing on top of another. Going into the next semester, still carrying that around, well it can make it hard to get into the sciences and such.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: Twirling]
    #4514545 -

Ah.. weak.


Life follows no logic nor order, at least what you're studying will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: Adden]
    #4514571 -

Eh, the problem is just that when my mind is bogged down with everything else, it's hard to focus on something like that.  :shrug: I wouldn't exactly call what I've been through weak.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: Twirling]
    #4514589 -

Nah man, I meant "oh weak" as in "shit what you've been through must've sucked".. not a character judgment, man :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Man, summer is almost over.... [Re: Adden]
    #4514602 -

ahhh, sometimes the meaning gets lost over the internet. :wink:

Yeah, I'm keeping a positive attitude about it as much as I can. The worst thing I can do is mope about it once class starts, but I hope to shake that off by then so I can't mope about it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Dead Summer Getaway 2003!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 all )
kosmic_charlie 32,202 209 09/12/04 09:42 PM
by notapillow
* spring semester starts tomarrow...ive got a few cool classes
( 1 2 all )
phishytrip 3,512 21 01/20/05 12:55 PM
by phishytrip
* Tonight will be the feel good hit of the summer. Therapy 933 9 09/02/04 08:56 PM
by IAmTheWalrus212
* My summer's almost over ... flatline 557 5 08/17/03 05:42 PM
by Hans_Moleman
* Last final of the semester is done...
( 1 2 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 1,953 20 05/09/05 11:54 AM
by danlennon3
* Sigh. Next semester is going to suck. vampirism 1,349 16 08/10/05 04:26 AM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* Scholarship for one semester abroad! where to go? Scarfmeister 1,608 12 03/30/05 07:10 AM
by Scarfmeister
* Well I really made a mess of this semester freddurgan 781 9 08/19/05 04:57 AM
by In(di)go

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,439 topic views. 2 members, 19 guests and 202 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.