Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Road Trip to cambodia: Part 2 (31 All New Images)-July 24, 2005
    #4448484 - 07/24/05 09:08 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

HEre are the 31 remaining images of Angkor Wat and the return trip to the Thai/Cambodia refugee camp garbarge border area of Aranyaprathet/Pophet.

A painting of the temples at Angkor Bayon with some buddha heads for sale on the self at the temples open market of souveniers.

A girl washing clothes int he river near the dam.

Three images of a coconut monkey, and the last one growled and fanged at me.

And the missing Fanged monkey of Angkor

These next three images are of my friend Mr. Dy Padoung. He is the chief archetectural engineer on the restoration of Angkor Wat and is the builder of all of the miniture temples in the back yard of his home inn Xiem Riap. He was recently awarded an honor form the King of Cambodia for his monumental works. While he is poor and received very little money for his knowledge, the contractors and foreign engineers get buckos and he lives in semi poverty, exceopt for the tourists who visit his miniture city of Angkor temples at a dollar a person.

He is pictured on mju's shroom site inthe cambodia 2003 segment.

Here is a picture of him next to a painting of his award and honor form the King of cambodia. I am very proud to know this fine gentleman. He knowns where every broken crick to the temples go.

A miniture view of Angkor Wat in Mr. Padoung's back yaerd of his home, one of many minitures built to exact accuracy of the original temples.

This one is newly built and quite large on Mr. Padoung's property.

And now three more images of Angkor Wat form the side view and back

On the right side of the front entrance is a second entrance and inside this entrance ont he left of the entrance were a bunch of little Cambodian girls all singing traditional cambodian songs to a radio int he background and they were dancing for the tourists. It was a shame I did nto have a tape recorder or cam recorder to tape their mu7sic and dancing. It was awesome to see. There are such children every year singing and dancing for tourists ant several temple entrances, expecially near Ta proehm (home of Lara Croft: Tomb Raider).

These next two images are off of graves of monks byurried inthe back of aAngkor Wat Temple by the Monk's monastery.

They were on the chedis.

Part of the two libraries on either side of the main walkway to the Temple at Angkor Wat.

ANd now some images of the partially restore library on the left side of the walkway to the temple. You can see the lighter gray color ont he parts of the repaired libray building.

A closer look facing the walkway and library form the left of the walkway to the main temple.

Looking through one of the open doors on the library building you can see the three lingas iof the Angkor Wat Temple through the frame of the door.

HEre is a picture of me, Mr. Kunn and his lovely wife Jasmine, owners of the jasmine Hotel in Xiem Riap, and their lovely daughter Maliche

A picture of their daughter helping clean up outside with one of the hotel staff. She was following the sweeping girld with the dust pan.

I took this so hot the day before I left.

And now a little of the paved road back near the Thai border heading home to Bangkok, but still in Cambodia.

There were two of these signs between Pophet, Kampuja and Xiem Riap at Angkor Wat.

One said, "We no longer need to kill our people."

This particular one was near the Cambodia/Thai border.

Another over-loaded truck about five kilometers before the border to Thailand. It is over-loaded and someone is on the top. He was standing for a while and almost fell to a set of powerlines. Ducked just in time.

Common garbage in flood waters along side the roads. This can be seen in many places at the border and sometimes also deep in the jungles. This is refugee garbage being dumped here.

This is form part of the open market where everything under the sun is sold. There are about 60 lanes like this with books selling imported products real cheap. They use a portion of the space, leave a garbage mess and move over tewn spaces to start a similar market. They rotate this form section to section. A few days later someone will come and clean the mess and the booths will then appear at the clean areas and remake their messes. Dingue fever is common in these border refugee camp regions.

And the morning sunrise form my 30th floor condo back in bangkok when I am getting ready to leave for the airport to return to home.

And then something appeared ont he top of the roof of one condo building.

mj and have a shroomy day.

Back to work for me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Road Trip to cambodia: Part 2 (31 All New Images)-July 24, 2005 [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4450157 - 07/25/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Bump.

mj

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: Road Trip to cambodia: Part 2 (31 All New Images)-July 24, 2005 [Re: mjshroomer]
    #4450163 - 07/25/05 11:04 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

awesome.....

thanks you MJ....

i woulda Soo payed for one of those heads....

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: Road Trip to cambodia: Part 2 (31 All New Images)-July 24, 2005 [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4450301 - 07/25/05 11:45 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks captain H13.

have a shroomy day,

More pictures coming form the thailand Samui Adventure soon

mj

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#4450337 - 07/25/05 11:52 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i can't wait.....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder