Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Jimi Hendrix, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
When was The Doors last show??
    #4418754 - 07/18/05 01:48 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Doors fans, when was the last Doors show (with Jim Morrison) and when was it recorded? I can't find anything about this on the net at all for some strange reason. If a recording exists of the last show, you'd think it would be available on these bootleg trading circles if nothing else.

I would LOVE to add that show to my collection.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: When was The Doors last show?? [Re: Learyfan]
    #4418792 - 07/18/05 01:58 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Sunday, September 8th, 1978
Palais Club - Paris, France

1. Love Me Two Times
2. Light My Fire
3. Close To You
4. Ghost Song

RECORDINGS: None known
NOTE: Last Doors show until 1993 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame.
An unscheduled performance while on a promotional tour for "An American Prayer."

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: When was The Doors last show?? [Re: Jim]
    #4418798 - 07/18/05 01:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: When was The Doors last show?? [Re: Jim]
    #4418799 - 07/18/05 01:59 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Cool man.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: When was The Doors last show?? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4419394 - 07/18/05 04:30 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

On a related note, I just saw "The Doors of the 21st Century" in Vegas like, 6 months ago. Robby Kriger, Ray Manzarek, along with the lead singer from The Cure...

Dude sounds and looks ALOT like Jim. It was a pretty awesome show....John Densmore is pissed though. I think he's suing them, last I heard, to get them to stop using the name...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: When was The Doors last show?? [Re: Learyfan]
    #4419745 - 07/18/05 05:55 PM (11 years, 4 months ago)

i have jim morrison's last recording session somewhere...he met these 2 street musicians in paris and (really wasted) took them into a studio to record shit.morrison was too fucked up and the session went horribly wrong... he labeled the tape "Jomo and the Smoothies" died soon after.

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: When was The Doors last show?? [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4907847 - 11/08/05 03:57 AM (11 years, 28 days ago)

I found some information on the last Doors show ever. Click here!

Quote:

New Orleans Know-It-All

Doors lead singer Jim Morrison was far more lucid for this promo shot than he was for his last concert, in New Orleans in 1970.
Hey Blake,

Interesting about Ray Manzarek. Rumor is that someone does indeed have a tape of the Doors' New Orleans concert on Dec. 12, 1970, but they want a huge sum for it.

The concert was supposed to have been a complete disaster, with Morrison smashing the stage with his microphone stand and eventually just collapsing in a stupor, supposedly one of his worst concerts.

Shane

Dear Shane,

You, of course, are referring to my column in the May 3, 2005, issue of Gambit Weekly. I set the record straight about the first concert played at A Warehouse on January 30, 1970 and the concert given by the Doors, Jim Morrison's last concert with the band, as he died in Paris on July 3, 1971. I also referred to the possibility of finding a recording of that historic performance.

Well, we are in luck because I received the following e-mail from a gentleman who has the answer. The Mr. Sugarman he mentions in his e-mail is former Doors manager Danny Sugarman, who died this year. He was the author of a biography of Jim Morrison, No One Here Gets Out Alive.

Maybe Ray Manzarek will read Gambit.

Hey Blake:

I received word that your column had had some inquiry about the lost tape of the Doors concert at the Warehouse, Jim Morrison's very last performance.

The tape isn't lost. I've had it in a safety deposit box for several years. I was a stage manager at the Warehouse during most of the shows at that classic venue, including the Doors'. The tape is in two-channel stereo -- it was recorded by 'Stagehand Bob' on the same machine he used for just about every early show at the Warehouse.

My recollection is that I came upon the tape when Beaver Productions moved its offices out of the Warehouse, uptown into a building at the Riverbend. The Doors tape, along with a stack of other Warehouse show tapes, were cast off and left behind as debris during the move. The rest of the tapes may have been destroyed. I regret leaving behind the Jimi Hendrix tape.

At sometime along the way, I spoke with a gentleman named Sugarman, who represented himself to be a manager of the Doors, about the tape. Mr. Sugarman said that the keyboard player had only a curiosity interest in that night's rendition of 'Riders on the Storm' (if I have that song's name right), but had no real interest in acquiring the tape, Jim Morrison's last performance notwithstanding.

The Doors shows back then were chaotic, but the Warehouse performance was more music than theater. An exception to that would be at the very end of the show when Morrison, who was whacked near a stupor that night, suddenly jumped up, grabbed the microphone, and then smashed it right through the floor of the stage. What an ending to a great show. Nobody knew it when it happened, but the music indeed was over when they turned out the lights and the Doors left the stage.

Very truly yours,
George M. Friedman

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

Edited by Learyfan (11/08/05 03:58 AM)

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: When was The Doors last show?? [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4907948 - 11/08/05 05:47 AM (11 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
i have jim morrison's last recording session somewhere...he met these 2 street musicians in paris and (really wasted) took them into a studio to record shit.morrison was too fucked up and the session went horribly wrong... he labeled the tape "Jomo and the Smoothies" died soon after.

do you really?
I gotta get this...

OfflineWhoSaidWhat
Stranger
Re: When was The Doors last show?? [Re: Vvellum]
    #4910438 - 11/08/05 08:21 PM (11 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
Quote:

KingOftheThing said:

do you really?
I gotta get this...

Do a search on "The Lost Paris Tapes"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Jimi Hendrix, The Doors

Community >> The Pub