Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Cyberspace; mutating the human species in fundamental ways (a first-hand account)
    #4387263 - 07/09/05 04:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Okay, so a week or 5 ago (not too good with time), Ares and I unintentionally volunteered ourselves into an experiment on human consciousness, and the affect current technology has on it. Meaning, we acquired 2 identical laptops, with high-speed wireless technology.
Now... this may sound like nothing new or exciting, but think about it.
Never before have such situations existed, at least for our species. No one really knows the long-term effects of all this reality-changing technology.

But we are experiencing the short-term as we speak!
:hypnotoad:
As many of us here, we belong to a generation in which things such as the Internet and computer technology are practically a birth-right..
(I was born in '85, she in '86..)
..So we have no qualms with full immersion into cyberspace. :crazy:
Now combine this with heavy psychedelic usage between the both of us, and some interesting things are bound to happen. :shroomer: 

As far as our relationship, I've noticed that we find it MUCH less emotional to talk to each other through the computer, instead of face-to-face, voice-to-ear.
We have actually sat in the same room, less than 5 feet away from each other, and have had heated discussions through our computers rather than through our own body's communication organs!  :crazy2:
Basically the computer sharpens our rational mind, and dampens the emotions.
This is a double-edged sword, just like anything when viewed objectively....
In one sense we can talk out our problems calm and rationally while on the computer, but in another sense it separates us from our humanistic emotional interactions.

My conclusion is that the machines are obviously changing us, and in turn, our relationships with other human beings.
In doing so, it's easy to disassociate ourselves from our lives and individual ego-natures.
And like I said, this is a double-edged sword, because in a way it makes us more ego-less and objective, but in another sense it is an escapist crutch.. unless fully integrated into our lives.
It requires sacrifice from both the rational and intuitive mind, or the left and right sides of the brain.
We must strive to find the middle-ground, in which we merge egolessness with our collective reality, which would result in no need for an external "cyberspace", because our 'offline' reality would replace it.

So.... who's with me?  :crazy:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Edited by Adamist (07/09/05 04:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Cyberspace; mutating the human species in fundamental ways (a first-hand account) [Re: Adamist]
    #4387273 - 07/09/05 04:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Best post ever!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Cyberspace; mutating the human species in fundamental ways (a first-hand account) [Re: Adamist]
    #4387282 - 07/09/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

:yesnod:

Agreed to the extent my love.

It is unbelieveable how we are mutating through techo-logical semi instincts.

I find that pot has the same effect.  That conversation is noticably more egoless and logical, due to emotion being too draining.

Ego prevails, in a sense, which is a personal defense that we (everyone) must conquer within ourselves.

This just lays itout in a neo-form.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Cyberspace; mutating the human species in fundamental ways (a first-hand account) [Re: Ripple]
    #4387286 - 07/09/05 04:17 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thankyou. I tried to make my thoughts and feelings as clear as possible. :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #4387298 - 07/09/05 04:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
And like I said, this is a double-edged sword, because in a way it makes us more ego-less and objective, but in another sense it is an escapist crutch.. unless fully integrated into our lives.

This part especially.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4387316 - 07/09/05 04:27 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Absolutely! The internet has already profoundly changed the way we interact with people, for better and worse. I, too, can see this gradually changing human social interactions in ways we cannot really foretell at the moment, and it's very important that don't lose the "human touch" in our relationships with others along the way....

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: Cyberspace; mutating the human species in fundamental ways (a first-hand account) [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4387324 - 07/09/05 04:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

... I may be too brainwashed to comprehend what you're saying.

Are you for or against this technology? Rationally, I am against it, but
it nonetheless squeezes me within its all-powerful grip.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Re: Cyberspace; mutating the human species in fundamental ways (a first-hand account) [Re: BloodNOil]
    #4387336 - 07/09/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not against it, because it would be a waste of energy to be so..
It has already made it's impact on our culture. There is no turning back.
I was just analyzing my own observations of it...
Obviously I don't think it's that bad, if I'm using it continually. :smile:
But what I'm trying to say is that we must not forget that with every step forward, there are drawbacks we must attempt to consider...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale