Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Aquarium Heater, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblecremated
Stranger
Loc: Maine, United States
Reptile terrarium fruiting chamber
    #435750 - 10/24/01 08:28 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

When I built my grow chamber I didn't want to deal with perlite, water pumps or aquarium heaters. I thought there had to be a better way. After seeing how a friend set up a terrarium for his Savannah Monitor I copied it and grow the danmest shrooms in it. Here goes---a 50 gallon ruddermaid box is set up and a reptile heating blanket----a high tek heat pad is purchased that fits the entire bottom of the enclosure. A terrarium thermastat with a remote sensor that goes into the chamber is plugged into the wall. The heating blanket is then plugged in that and left on the constant ultralow setting. A shallow 2 inch pan that almost covers the bottom of the chamber is filled with 1 inch of distilled water and some algae eater and placed on the blanket. his will give you all the humidity that you need.--trust me. the trays sit on screens three inched above the H2O. Air exchange is done with two one inch holes covered by filters almost on the floor of the chamber and two 2 inch holes on the cover which are filtered and connected to CPU cooling fans that blow from the inside of the chamber out. The fans are on times------they never run at the same time---each of them comes on once an hour------------what can I say---fans are cheaper than good timers. I have a humidty gauge and a negative Ion generator---though I really think this might be fluff. That is it It works like a charm.

--------------------
Looking up

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineoptikal_trip
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto
Re: Reptile terrarium fruiting chamber [Re: cremated]
    #435755 - 10/24/01 08:33 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds good to me :) Maybe I'll try that heat blanket thing.. Theres no sense with the water seeing as how I already have humidity. But its a good idea :)

--------------------
They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

Invisiblecremated
Stranger
Loc: Maine, United States
Re: Reptile terrarium fruiting chamber [Re: optikal_trip]
    #435770 - 10/24/01 08:44 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I think the key to why the thing works so well is the terrarium temperature controller----thatpetplace for 25.00--- it has temp settings like the thermostat on the wall of your house---you set the temp and it turns the blanket on and off until it gets there-----all the while the blankets crumby thermostat is set on ultra low----I have never burned or dried out any substrate

--------------------
Looking up

Offlineoptikal_trip
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto
Re: Reptile terrarium fruiting chamber [Re: cremated]
    #435774 - 10/24/01 08:48 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I've always thought of using what they use to keep lizards warm. I mean my friend had a lizard and he always had to keep him warm. So i figured there must have been some gizmo to keep him warm that worked better then a heat pad... i'm gonna go to the pet store real soon and check that out :)

--------------------
They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Aquarium Heater, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation