Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesporechase13
journeyman
 User Gallery

Loc: Pergatory
What do U Think of Treasure Coast strain?
    #435182 - 10/24/01 10:17 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Just looking for some thouts on the Treasure Coast Strain and,was wondering if it works well with brf verm cakes.Any info or thouts would be great....Thanks..

--------------------
Why did I eat to many,now I have falling and I cant get up.For now I have seen both heaven and,hell.Come with me and,eat flesh of the gods.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: What do U Think of Treasure Coast strain? [Re: sporechase13]
    #435227 - 10/24/01 11:35 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

TC colonizes slow as fuck. Atleast for me it is right now. Havent got to fruit it yet but looks yummy.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinegaastra
enthusiast

Re: What do U Think of Treasure Coast strain? [Re: sporechase13]
    #435317 - 10/24/01 12:51 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

AFOAF is using TCs currently with BRF/VERM cakes. colonization took 18 days. they are in the grow chamber now and are taking a while to pin.

Invisiblemrdobalina
journeyman
Re: What do U Think of Treasure Coast strain? [Re: gaastra]
    #435346 - 10/24/01 01:18 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

my grandmothers just picked her first flush ever (from treasure coast brf/verm cakes) They fruited rather nicely. Colonization was more like 14-15 days for her. (She had the jars incubating in a closet that stays at a steady 80-84deg and she didnt put tape back on the lid-holes after inoculation) She can't vouche for potency yet but as soon as their dry she plans on sampling them. She just put 3 inch straw peices in all of her cakes and is feeding them a little spring water to rehydrate them in hopes of a phatty second and third flushes.

So from a newbies standpoint (my grandma) she thinks the treasure coast was a fast colonizer and it was easy to fruit.
Just required a rubber-made type terrarium w/ wet perlite on the bottom. Fanned them manually 3-4 times a day.

OfflineTreeofLife
Loc: OH
Re: What do U Think of Treasure Coast strain? [Re: mrdobalina]
    #435380 - 10/24/01 01:46 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Someone told me , that they colonize very fast and are a excellent strain. trust me

--------------------
The only thing you have to fear is, fear itself...

Offlinexennui
Novice Grower
Male
Loc: Portland, OR
Re: What do U Think of Treasure Coast strain? [Re: baraka]
    #27445721 - 08/27/21 09:51 PM (2 years, 6 months ago)

baraka, I've been having a slow colonize too.  I did my first Treasure Coast PF cakes in June, took the jars a week longer than B+ to colonize.

Did my first spawn to bulk (1:2, coir, shoeboxes) 07/22 and they still have not fully colonized. They're all pinning at this point but without much coverage or fruits.

I could be do doing stuff wrong, being new at bulk... I have an actively updated thread I started about it here
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/27425488
if anyone has advice or if it's helpful.

As far as the experience... I only have 2.5g B+ to compare it to but I did 3grams of Treasure Coast a couple of weeks ago. Here's what I noticed:

--B+ makes me tired at the beginning of the trip, and thoughts easily go to uncomfortable places, the journey always starts off a bit rough.
Treasure Coast seemed a little gentler on the upswing.  The initial climb was pretty intense but not uncomfortable.

--I've read that Treasure Coast is strong on visuals but not so much for me.  At 3g, the depth of patterns extended feet deep into the walls and ceilings, instead of just looking embossed.  Perspective bent and skewed in the periphery.  Paintings also became more dimension, immersive, "real" like i was looking into a scene.  But I've seen things get more squiggly on 2.5 B+.

--Conversation was difficult within 90 minutes. Able to talk and comprehend fine but was blasting off and knew I'd be leaving the conversation soon, one way or another.

--Physically it was a bit incapacitating, I had to brace myself going up the stairs, movement was kinda difficult by mid trip. A bit after the peak though, body movement and dancing felt really good, if still clumsy.  Nicer than B+, which makes me want to burrow into the blankets.

--Mentally, "spiritually" it was a really good trip... wrestled with thought loops until pushed through and I saw the infinite, everything was joy, pretty amazing but I won't bore you with a trip log.
But y'know, sometimes you feel like you've brought something back?  This time I feel like I entered something new.  My thoughts have relaxed, anger doesn't feed itself, easier to drop my shoulders.  There's a joy in my day, I feel like I have joy to give.  A stream runs through me and I can let go.

Thanks, Treasure Coast! :laugh:

Edited by xennui (08/27/21 09:59 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom