Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePSiFr33k
Psilly Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth (i think)
N georgia edible hunt , ID plz , pics !!
    #4339740 - 06/26/05 04:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU SPOT ANY EDIBLES IN HERE Alrighty , this hunt was taken place at a park , i hunting mainly the woods , the first specimen i came across i had to fight off this crazy little squirrel for , it turns out its an aminita rubencen , if not let me know , thinking about frying it up, was growing under a tree ( naturally ) , there were two there , one was far to mangled to be messed with as the squirrel had chewed it all up , i swear this squirrel was trippin balls because it was barking at me and running around me in circles LMFAO i swear no lie , little smaller then a CD , cap is brownish cinnamon color , large bulb / vuvla on bottom of stem , ill have a pic soon , bruising that same brownish cinnamon color gills not attached , second specimens i believe to be some sort of Ceasar cap or false ceasar ? BRIGHT reddish orange cap , pale yellow gills , cup shaped cap upturned ofcourse , pretty thin stem , also yellowish they were found growing from the forest floor in leaf litter , third species i believe maybee to be some sort of coprinus , growing from a huge pile of hay compost , juveniles look like some sort of puff ball growing on a stem , size ranged from the size of a small golf ball all the way up to a normal cap shape the size of a CD ( little large for coprinus ?) they grew in HUGE CLUSTERS all joined at the bottom almost all white gils stem everything , fairly large stems , brown spot in middle of cap fading to browish scaley type texture highlighting the white caps , bruising a definate cinnemon color ( pretty reddish tho) RIGHT UPON SQUEEZIN STEM , and third last but not least what i was AFTER ! Chantrelles ? i hope so , found growing on huge piles of logs very selective tho , seemed to be growing mainly on birch logs ? never grew on the pine timber , they are all a yellowish tan gills growing right down the stems , fairly small , texture of mushrooms is a fairly tought cooked chicken like texture , sweetish faint smell , top of the "caps" has a semi fuzzy texture , Lemme know if yall can help , Also picked up these two shroomies outta a pile of stable shavings and horse poo scooped up and tossed next to a tree , White caps white stems , Greyish gills , blackish purple spores, resembles copes however they arent active no bruising , Thanks for the time , Peace -

PSiFr33k

Yeah i have come to the conclusion that this one is an aminita Rubencen^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--------------------

While i was in the grass, i picked them..

Edited by PSiFr33k (06/26/05 07:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePSiFr33k
Psilly Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: N georgia edible hunt , ID plz , pics !! [Re: PSiFr33k]
    #4340190 - 06/26/05 07:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

bump

--------------------

Offlineweezcuomo
Grasshopper

Loc: Florida, USA
    #4340237 - 06/26/05 07:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

From the pic it appears to be an A.Rubescens. Was it growing around oak or under white pine? If it stained reddish-brown and the rest of the description is as is, then I would recommend A.Rubescens but wait on more opinions.

--------------------
This world is big and wild and half insane
Take me where real animals are playing...On Animal Farm!!

OfflinePie
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: N georgia edible hunt , ID plz , pics !! [Re: weezcuomo]
    #4340298 - 06/26/05 08:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Red one, second pic down is emetic russula. It makes you vomit.

OfflinePSiFr33k
Psilly Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: N georgia edible hunt , ID plz , pics !! [Re: Pie]
    #4340364 - 06/26/05 08:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

thats not a russula sorry .. its either a Ceasar or a false ceasar , Aminita

--------------------

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4340924 - 06/26/05 11:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

No chanterelles there. They are bright orange... the only look alike is the bright orange jack-o-lanterns and I don't even know if they are out yet. And the jack-o-lanterns have big gills, chants do not.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #4340976 - 06/26/05 11:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That first one is an Amanita, but I wouldn't bet my health on which species it is. Amanita brunnescens is an obvious poisonous similar species that should not be eaten. It bruises a reddish brown color.

The second one looks like an Amanita, but there's not nearly enough of the important features in the photo to attempt an ID. When picking Amanitas, be sure to carefully dig up the base of the stem and get the entire volva.

The third one's in pretty bad shape and I won't make any guess on genus.

The next ones (the suspected Chanterelles) are definitely not Chanterelles. Chanterelles grow on the ground, not from wood, and will have a smooth, not fuzzy cap surface. Also, Chanterelles have blunt folds on the underside of the cap instead of the true gills these have. These resemble Lentinellus ursinus, in which case they will be inedible due to their flavor.

The last ones at first glance look like Lepiotas. Lepiota is a dangerous genus, containing both choice edibles and deadly poisonous species. Unless they are all at least 4 inches across they should probably be treated as if they were deadly.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflinePSiFr33k
Psilly Guru
Male User Gallery

Re: N georgia edible hunt , ID plz , pics !! [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4340992 - 06/26/05 11:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well im content that they are all the same species the last pic that is , dont plan on eatin any of em anyhow but the largest one is a good 5" accross the cap , its all good only hoped that those were some edible ones that were growing off of wood , well the aminita in pic 1 is a rubenscen however i tossed um all earlier

--------------------

OfflinePSiFr33k
Psilly Guru
Male User Gallery

#4341002 - 06/26/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

last pic , that huge one , gills did seem to be kinda bruising a greenish tint so i take it as the molybides or whatever that poisonous one was so i knew they were no good , well the one found in the stable shavings i know its not active but what white shroom with grey gills grows in n georgia ? non active , just for giggles

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale