Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Hey NE Gathering Attendees
    #4276544 -

I'm making a whole slew of mix CD's to bring with me. I don't know if I'll be able to hook an iPod up to anyone's stereo so I figured if people wanted to hear some tunes they're unfamiliar with that I should just mix up a batch of Mix CD's. I'm gonna give one to one of the Canadian kids to give to Yarry when they see him, and it got me thinking - does anyone want a Robot-made mix CD? That way I'll still be making mixes to listen to at the gathering, but I'll try and make each one tailored to someone's shroomery personality.

Adom, yours is in the works.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4276546 -

DOES A BEAR SHIT IN THE WOODS?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4276549 -

:thumbup: :sun:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4276558 -

for the record, im into alt/indie rock sorta stuff. a little punky, maybe some brit rock.

show me whatcha got robot! and get your ass up here for beerfest!!


--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: Yarry]
    #4276568 -

I'm gonna try and do beerfest, definitely, already asked my girlfriend if she wanted to take a trip with me to Toronto.

Punky indie rock?  Noooo problem. :grin:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4276577 -

I like it all and i like what you listen to.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4276580 -

:tongue2:  For you, Sheik, I shall pull no punches!!!

Something tells me yours is gonna be a dancy fucker.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4276588 -

well robot, i need a good new song to be madly in love with.. whats yer number 1 punky indie song right now?


--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: Yarry]
    #4276592 -

Go to Music Art and Literature, click on the thread that says Clap Your Hands Say Yeah,a nd download "Upon a Tidal Wave of Young Blood."

It's not that punky but I think you'll like it.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: Yarry]
    #4276595 -

I was just up there last weekend and can't wait for this weekend. I think a lot of my friends will be blasting some good techno as well but anything like 1200 micrograms should be pretty sweet while walking around. Either way I think it will turn out good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4276597 -

lol awesome!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #4276652 -

not too punky, not too rocky, but i honestly like it. its a decent tune dude.

whered ya hear of em first?


--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: Yarry]
    #4276661 -

Well, my girlfriend's brother books a couple venues in the city and he passes on lots of good tunes to us. That's also how I get to go to a lot of shows for free..I saw them the other week and it was unbelievable. I had just come from smoking a joint with two friends and it completely took me away. I felt like I was seeing Talking Heads..


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4276672 -

cant say ive heard of the talking heads. well ive heard OF them, jus never heard them...


if you, (or anyone) want the perfect definition of my musical tastes at the moment check out www.edge.ca

its the local radio station in toronto and theres VERY little they play that i dont love


--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: Yarry]
    #4276685 -

OH MY GOD

You have never heard Talking Heads?? :confused:

That actually hurts me deep down inside.  Don't download and listen to just any songs, you need full album action.

Smoke a fat bowl and listen to

Remain in Light
Speaking in Tongues

Also rent the concert DVS of theirs, Stop Making Sense, and take any drug imaginable and watch it. :lol:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4276687 -

David Byrne (the lead singer) is my idol...he's going on your mix, and so are Talking Heads (they broke up in the late 80's early 90's.) He was a big acid connoisseur.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4276690 -

no money bro :sad: im workin all summer to pay off debts from last year of school.. i wont have cash for music til next summer.


--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: Yarry]
    #4276692 -

That's what pirating is for.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: Redstorm]
    #4276695 -

any place i can DL a full album? besides bit torrent


--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hey NE Gathering Attendees [Re: Yarry]
    #4276700 -

Soulseek.

It's the best ever for downloading music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* NE Gathering
( 1 2 all )
Jim 2,464 37 06/07/05 11:31 AM
by Shroomism
* NE Gathering '06
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
KingOftheThing 8,316 144 10/06/05 12:12 AM
by jp411896
* I wish I was going to the NE gathering. MOTH 1,020 15 04/27/04 04:36 PM
by baltazar
* NE GATHERING PROBLEM
( 1 2 all )
KristiMidocean 2,912 20 05/13/05 04:30 PM
by KristiMidocean
* NE Gathering Alumni, gimme some tips... OneMoreRobot3021 673 7 05/31/05 09:23 AM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* PUB NE Gathering Roll Call
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Ripple 7,571 72 03/19/05 01:11 PM
by KingOftheThing
* Fuck yes! Got a ride to the NE gathering!
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 3,235 47 06/17/06 10:25 AM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* the NE gathering one month pictures??
( 1 2 all )
KristiMidocean 1,938 27 05/01/05 07:29 PM
by FreakQlibrium

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,397 topic views. 3 members, 262 guests and 115 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.