Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecheezy_terror
Stranger
Georgia anyone?
    #4236992 - 05/30/05 02:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, i'm a new member to this message board, I need some advice if possible, but firstly, I would like to comment the creator(s) of this site, it is an excellent source of fungal knowledge, it sure has answered 100's of questions. I live in georgia, near SC border, and I( was wondering when was an appropriate time to roam the fields in search of these beautiful fungal growths. I love mushrooms in general, but there's a certain type i'll be looking for... Psyclobe cubensis, and or any other blue-bruising active fungi. here are the weather conditions, I was wondering if theyre appropriate and suitable for the growth of these mushrooms, secondly, if it is the right time of the year to waste my time roaming a cow field.

FEELS LIKE: 65? UV INDEX: 2 Low
HUMIDITY: 87% WIND (mph): E 5
VISIBILITY: 7.00 mi BAROMETER: 29.97 in

(today is monday)

MONDAY
Hi: 70?
Lo: 63?

T-Showers TUESDAY
Hi: 79?
Lo: 67?

Rain/ Thunder WEDNESDAY
Hi: 74?
Lo: 66?

Rain/ Thunder THURSDAY
Hi: 83?
Lo: 64?

Sct T-Storms

any input will be much appreciated, thanks. -Cheeze

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshroomanic
PsychiatricExplorations
 User Gallery

Loc: Dunder Mifflin
Re: Georgia anyone? [Re: cheezy_terror]
    #4237031 - 05/30/05 02:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23485

Go looking after it rains. That increases your chances of finding some. Please next time do a little searching on the site. There are too many of these posts asking if certain mushrooms are out now.

Offlinecheezy_terror
Stranger
Re: Georgia anyone? [Re: shroomanic]
    #4237051 - 05/30/05 02:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the reply, I was trying my best to follow the forum rules, using proper grammar and punctuation, ect. and I have been doing some research, for a few days now, but i was Just hoping to encounter someone in the area who knew first hand. after all, The best person to learn from, is a person with experience :smile:

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #4237101 - 05/30/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2263556/an/0/page/0

3. Do not ask if the current weather is "good for shrooms."
These threads are flat out annoying, and will be locked. This information can easily be found with a little bit of research.
As a general rule of thumb, if it has rained within the last 2-3 days, and the temperatures are correct for the type of mushroom you're looking for, then *yes* it is possible that the mushroom you are looking for is growing.

I'll be nice and not lock it cause you seem willing to learn and it's still better than 90% of the threads I've read this morning :smirk:, but a quick search of this forum for "georgia cubensis" would have been a good idea too :wink:.

anyway, yes, optimum growth temp for cubes is 84-86 or something like that, can't remember exactly.  they'll grow at slightly lower temps as well, I'd say go check some fields in a week or so.  But I live 2000 miles away so take it with a grain of salt :tongue:.  good luck.

DH

Offlinecheezy_terror
Stranger
Re: Georgia anyone? [Re: spores]
    #4237235 - 05/30/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

im sorry for that post DH, I am coming into your forum with all the respect I can find within myself, for you and the members, Last thing I want to be considered to be, is a dimwit, or a spammer. I realize now, that with your experience, why my threads would become annoying, I should have trusted my intuition....i KNEW i was doing something wrong. lol...not to mention my astronomical run-on sentence. lol have a great day guys, and thanks for your input, despite my newbish-ness

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4237603 - 05/30/05 06:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

welcome to the hunting forum cheezy terror.

june and july are your best months for P. cubensis.

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery
Loc: lazy river road
Re: Georgia anyone? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4237941 - 05/30/05 07:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

their might also be some psilocybe weilii growing after these rains... pray to darwin

--------------------
"Truth is more in the process than in the result."
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

Offlinewsp276
Stranger
Re: Georgia anyone? [Re: hot48yearolds]
    #4241855 - 05/31/05 08:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i live in alabama and i find the best time to go look is around 80 degrees and mabe a good 18 to 20 hours after it has rained

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery
Loc: lazy river road
Re: Georgia anyone? [Re: wsp276]
    #4242806 - 06/01/05 12:50 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ya, but your from alabama, that doesnt help anyone

--------------------
"Truth is more in the process than in the result."
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

Offlinekatatonia
Fungirl
 User Gallery
Loc: GA
    #4245404 - 06/01/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I am near Savannah and I am going Friday afternoon. I've been waiting for permission to hunt in someone's field...finally...my patience paid off. I told a customer of mine (I work in the Ag equipment industry)that I would pick up trash as I walked around and he agreed to let me hunt in his field. All I have to do is call 1st so he can let his grounds keeper know that I had permission. Nice not to get shot at! Anyway, try to get permission if you can. (being female seems to make it a little easier too- I guess we are less intimidating)I'll post my findings on Friday night.  I looked last Sunday with little luck. I found six cubes that were dry and pretty torn up. I put them in my compost pile. I hope all this rain we are getting helps!  Enjoy!! :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder