Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

$10 million of crystal meth seized [IL]
    #4183293 - 05/16/05 07:28 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Police find $10 million in drugs
Two men charged in 'largest seizure of crystal meth'
May 16, 2005 - abclocal.go.com

May 16, 2005 ? A tip led Chicago police to a very big stash of drugs. Officials say they seized millions of dollars worth of methamphetamine and cocaine.

Police are calling the weekend bust the largest seizure of crystal meth in the city's history -- an estimated $10 million worth. Most of the drugs were found in a southwest side garage.

Acting on a tip, Chicago police staked out a garage in the 5100-block of South Kilpatrick. When a white Nissan Altima pulled out Friday, officers stopped it and found 40 bricks of crystal methamphetamine. Some of it was hidden in a secret compartment behind the front passenger seat airbag. They arrested the driver -- 34-year-old Porfirio Salazar -- who rented the garage on Kilpatrick earlier this year from Mary Koziol -- a wheelchair-bound great grandmother who has owned the property 32 years.

"He wants to rent my garage. No problem. If I can get some added income, I do it. There's a drug bust and they're involved. I just had nothing to do with it," said Mary Koziol, garage owner.

Also stored in the garage was a red Chrysler Concorde that police say also had a trap compartment, this one behind the back seat. Investigators say the Concorde's owner ? 37-year-old Sergio Valdez -- consented to a search of his home in Oak Brook Terrace where police found an additional 21 bricks of crystal meth and 20 kilos of cocaine.

"We believe they came directly from Mexico," said Deputy Supt. John Risley, Chicago Police Department.

Both Salazar and Valdez are Mexican nationals whom police believe were moving drugs for the cartel that identifies it's cocaine by the engraved number five seen on one exposed brick.

Investigators say that unlike most domestically produced methamphetamine, which is home brewed. The product imported from Mexico is mixed in a so-called "super-lab" and would fetch the highest price possible from U.S. users, nearly $350 a gram.

While acknowledging methamphetamine is a growing problem within the Chicago city limits, police say they do not believe all the drugs they confiscated over the weekend were meant for retail sale in the city. Investigators allege Salazar and Valdez are distributors who would arrange to ship the drugs virtually anywhere in the country.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: $10 million of crystal meth seized [IL] [Re: veggie]
    #4184032 - 05/16/05 10:09 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

They might just be publicizing it more, but it seems there's a lot of "huge" multi-million dollar busts lately.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineLethalX5
Male

Re: $10 million of crystal meth seized [IL] [Re: Ravus]
    #4184139 - 05/16/05 10:33 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

search of his home in Oak Brook Terrace where police found an additional 21 bricks of crystal meth and 20 kilos of cocaine.

This is right down the street from me.

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Edited by LethalX5 (05/17/05 03:20 PM)

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: $10 million of crystal meth seized [IL] [Re: LethalX5]
    #4184247 - 05/16/05 11:07 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

So if I have 10 million in drugs I'm renting out some lady's garage...

Why do these news reports never ever match up with what I'm seeing on the street?

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Edited by PhatWhitey420 (05/16/05 11:08 PM)

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: $10 million of crystal meth seized [IL] [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4186457 - 05/17/05 02:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

from what i saw on the news the other night im thinking that the street value, atleast at a sinle dose aouunt/price might actually be right. they had keys and keys of meth in bricks... i mean it was alot of fucking meth, although a bit of it was some coke, but damn.... LOTS

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service