Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
weather.com vs. accu-weather.com
    #4156679 -

You know what? Fuck them both, because you can't predict the weather. Meteorology is the alchemy of the 20th century. Weather.com changes their goddamn forecasts every 15 minutes, sometimes to extreme degrees. Accu-weather.com claims to have a 15-day forecast. What the fuck? You can NOT predict the weather 15 days in advance, no way, no how.

That said, searching 10003 on both those websites comes up with two different forecasts for tomorrow and I don't know who to believe.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4156684 -

That's quite a pickle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: Boom]
    #4156687 -

There's a poll about pickles in OTD.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4156689 -

Should be nice though :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4156690 -

hrm yeah the widget i have on my dashboard uses accu-weather.com and it was the first time i've gotten weather forecasts from that particular site. dunno but the weather it gives me is like 3C off

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: boO]
    #4156694 -

Me too boO...I fuckin love dashboard, and the graphics on that widget make me keep it around but it's definitely not completelya ccurate. But I guess I do trust it more than weather.com


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4156699 -

I just check in for traffic and weather together on the 8's

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: Boom]
    #4156713 -

What's a radio?


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4156733 -



--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4156736 -

My source for current events (in between switching CDs)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: vinsue]
    #4156743 -

Ack, that weather site is quite the eyesore...and for tomorrow's weather it's a cloud with a big purple question mark on it...WTF?


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4156745 -

At least they admit they don't know :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: Boom]
    #4156746 -

Good point.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4156976 -

I've taken a few atmospheric science courses in the course of working on this geophysics degree, and I can tell you without hesitation...

The Weatherman is ALWAYS right. The weather, however, is unfortunately sometimes mistaken.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4156981 -

:confused:

I'm gonna stick with my original analysis.  YOu can't predict the weather ACCURATELY beyond a day and a half in advance.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4157002 -

you dont need to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: Vvellum]
    #4157008 -

:grin:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4157054 -

Considering how variable the weather is, they do a damn fine job of predicting it. You're not supposed to take the forecast at face value but it's usually pretty accurate.

By the way: FUCK ACCU-WEATHER!!!

If you want to know why I say that then Google for "Rick Santorum" and "accu-weather". Fucking corporate welfare bullshit... let the gov't release their information :rant:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4157302 -

In phoenix you can predict the weather well over 15 days in advance.  Its gonna be hot and sunny, and it wont rain till july.  :sun: :wexican:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: weather.com vs. accu-weather.com [Re: DieCommie]
    #4157539 -

LOL, I always can predict the weather myself...It's not that hard, common sense. Plus you can smell rain coming in the air...


--------------------
outputrotation said:
x-com and unsolved mysteries are the only things that have ever made me truly scared

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Reliable weather forecast?! vitadura 522 2 12/09/08 06:32 PM
by Vanguard
* More Fucked Up Wisconsin Weather Madtowntripper 664 4 02/16/06 09:14 AM
by Madtowntripper
* Whats the name of the new Dashboard confessional band pscyanescens 1,551 14 07/07/08 09:27 PM
by g00ru
* crazy weather
( 1 2 all )
automanM 1,546 24 02/17/06 04:25 PM
by automan
* So I am Going Camping This Friday. Weather Question TysonTomko 457 3 08/15/05 09:14 AM
by TysonTomko
* Fucking weather... Delyrium 690 5 05/24/05 09:28 PM
by nightkrawler
* V- the Mini Series Jim 587 6 07/12/05 07:50 PM
by Jim
* MAC GEEKS - post photos of your dashboard! :P boO 689 1 05/10/05 04:07 PM
by Phluck

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,423 topic views. 2 members, 42 guests and 97 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.