Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekratomboy
Drifter
 User Gallery

Loc: Nevada
1st time tripping soon. Anxiety about testing out my fruit. (UPDATED with PICS)
    #4052818 - 04/13/05 11:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the experience section, or here. But contams are my biggest worry so I settled for this board.

I've never done mushrooms before and I've almost gotten enough fruit from a grow to start experimenting with. I'm a little anxious however... not so much because I'm new to tripping on mushies, but because this is a first grow and I don't want to end up dead if my mushrooms are contaminated and I just don't know it because I'm a newby. I'll be tripping alone for now (starting out with low doses of course).

From what I can tell they all looks fine. The only questionable fruit have had some blueing around the base of the stem for some reason. It looks like something's crawling up the stem, but there's nothing there it's just the coloring. I'm sorry I don't have a pic, might be able to post one tomorrow though.

Basically, I just don't want the anxiety of "did I just eat contaminated mushrooms" ruining my trip. I'm worrying about being worried when I trip, if that makes sense. Have any of you went through this when "testing" a new batch? Am I being too paranoid here? (I'm prone) What signs should I look for on mushrooms to mark them as bad news?

Edited by kratomboy (04/14/05 10:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: 1st time tripping soon. Anxiety about testing out my fruit. [Re: kratomboy]
    #4052980 - 04/14/05 12:33 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Basically, I just don't want the anxiety of "did I just eat contaminated mushrooms" ruining my trip. I'm worrying about being worried when I trip, if that makes sense. Have any of you went through this when "testing" a new batch? Am I being too paranoid here? (I'm prone) What signs should I look for on mushrooms to mark them as bad news?

I don't really think anyone is going to tell you "Its okay,eat away" unless you give the required information to aid someone in answering your question. We need some pics or some other details that will help; how you grow, what you grow on, what does it look like.....

Don't eat it if you don't know 100% its a p.cubensis
Don't eat it if its rotten.
Don't eat it if its moldy.

If its an outdoor grow you could have a contaminate fungus in your mix, I can't keep the ink caps outa my backyard.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #4053458 - 04/14/05 04:07 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The only questionable fruit have had some blueing around the base of the stem for some reason.

This is most probably bruising. It's a normal thing to happen and nothing to be worried about, unless it grows significantly.
Make a Q-tip test. Grab a Q-tip and soak it in h2o2 (peroxide), then rub the colored area with the Q-tip. If the Q-tip changes color, it means something got attached to it, most probably contaminant spores, this is bad. If it comes out clean, then there's nothing to worry about.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinekratomboy
Drifter
 User Gallery

Re: 1st time tripping soon. Anxiety about testing out my fruit. [Re: Civ]
    #4054114 - 04/14/05 10:07 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Civ said:

I don't really think anyone is going to tell you "Its okay,eat away" unless you give the required information to aid someone in answering your question. We need some pics or some other details that will help; how you grow, what you grow on, what does it look like.....

I know, I'm sorry I couldn't post pics. My camera was at work... I'll post some up tonight.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #4054574 - 04/14/05 12:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

When you lightly go over the bluish pars with a swab, does it come off? Then it is mold.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #4055946 - 04/14/05 06:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I know, I'm sorry I couldn't post pics. My camera was at work... I'll post some up tonight.

No need to be sorry, valid questions. You can also use the search function to find posts that have dealt with the same topic.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Offlinenothing
Old Hand

Re: 1st time tripping soon. Anxiety about testing out my fruit. *DELETED* [Re: kratomboy]
    #4056062 - 04/14/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Sir Ian

Reason for deletion: _

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: 1st time tripping soon. Anxiety about testing out my fruit. [Re: nothing]
    #4056070 - 04/14/05 06:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

When you're sure, eat some murr

--------------------
]

Offlinekratomboy
Drifter
 User Gallery

#4056625 - 04/14/05 09:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Alright, here's some pics...  not the best, but better than nothing.  I already picked and dried the one that was blueing on the stem...  after reading some other posts I'm not quite as worried.  I am wondering about one mishroom in particular:

It's stem is a little defored (bumpy) and the cap is all screwy.  Just mutated I'm sure but I looked at it today and found the funky streaks on the cap.  Looks like myc strands to me but I need your opinions.

As far as the rest of the pics below, I would appreciate it if y'all would take a look.  A lot of the mushrooms that have been growing have had really thick bases.  Also, the one long one in the third picture is growing all wavy.  I guess I'm just wondering if they're ok since they don't seem to look as pretty as a lot of others I've seen on the boards.    :confused:

Subrate: BRF
Dunked & Rolled in h2o2/h2o
Strand is GT
Humidity steady 98%-99%
temps 67F-82F
fan & mist 2-3 times a day

Edited by kratomboy (04/14/05 09:41 PM)

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #4057711 - 04/15/05 04:08 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It looks like you have a bunch of mutated shrooms. Everything is ok though :smile:
First couple of pics show mycelium growing on the cap. Second set of pics appear to show some caps with a genetic deformation called "rose comb". Anyway, nothing to worry about.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinekratomboy
Drifter
 User Gallery

Re: 1st time tripping soon. Anxiety about testing out my fruit. [Re: MAIA]
    #4060205 - 04/15/05 06:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Is it common for them to be growing all together with the fat bases? It seems like there are pins that the other mushrooms fuzzy bases are overtaking... ending up with abhorting pins embedded halfway in the cluster's base.

OfflineJONNYRENO
Farmer
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #4060417 - 04/15/05 07:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

No BIGgie looks good! Congrats!

--------------------
I know iam gonna be famous because my shit don't stink. I smelled it!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder