Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFurrySheep
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Loc: nURHEAD
Kava Kava For Anxiety
    #4045755 - 04/12/05 12:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hello,

I recently picked up a bottle of kava kava assayed whole extract at my local health food store; extract of kava rhizome & root. Each capsule contains 60mg of kavalactones. It says to take 2 capsulules twice per day. (each capsule contains 200mg kava extract which provides 60mg of kavalactones.) Pharma Kava is prepared from the rhizome & roots of Piper methysticum plants which are grown chemical free in the South Pacific Islands of Vanuatu.
I suffer from severe anxiety and panic disorder. I weigh 135lbs, and im withdrawing drom xanax and thought kava may be a better substitute.
Should I make tea for the most benefecial effects or just eat the capsules? And how many should I eat to get any noticeable effects.

Thanks and Peace

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGrovesk8ter
honestyopenmindednesswillingness
 User Gallery

Loc: Langley, B.C
Re: Kava Kava For Anxiety [Re: FurrySheep]
    #4045796 - 04/12/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Kava isnt going to be a substitute for a benzo.... It will help the anxiety by relaxing and sedating you. It wont provide the loved "security" feeling you get on benzos.
You might find that the storebought extract wont do much as it might have been sitting there for a while and extra precautions are never taken while producing mass amounts of extract.
I suggest buying a paste or buying bulk herb off the net, that way you can assure quality becuase you know the source.
Personally i find the kava paste very effective, but expensive.

--------------------
"Much madness is divinest sense"
Dickinson, Emily

InvisibleFurrySheep
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Loc: nURHEAD
Re: Kava Kava For Anxiety [Re: Grovesk8ter]
    #4045869 - 04/12/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

do you know any reliable sources online to order the kava paste?

thanks man

--------------------

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Kava Kava For Anxiety [Re: FurrySheep]
    #4045944 - 04/12/05 01:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/sponsors.php

try looking at the sponsors here

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea