Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineeatMYbooms
Stranger
Quick Question About *MESCALINE*
    #4034696 - 04/09/05 05:07 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I currently attend school in southern arizona, which happens to be in the sonoran desert. The sonoran desert also happens to contain the San Pedro cactus (quite common), which is the main source of mescaline. I was wondering if anybody had a method of preparing the raw cactus for consumption for it is easy to get and I want to trip. Any information would be awesome. Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsilovibe
reader ofthreads

Loc: Treasure Coast
Re: Quick Question About *MESCALINE* [Re: eatMYbooms]
    #4034712 - 04/09/05 05:13 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hmm.. there are quite a few methods. Some even involve microwaving . I would suggest you try www.erowid.org for any drug information. Sorry for posting a link...

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: Quick Question About *MESCALINE* [Re: Psilovibe]
    #4034739 - 04/09/05 05:25 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

extract the pure mescaline needles.

simply cut off the spines, take the flesh of the cactus and gooify it. then mix it up with sumthing acidic (vinegar) and boil lightly/simmer. then pour it througha few T shirts to filter off the chunky stuff. then add sum bleach till it stops fixxing, this means that hte solution is now as alkaline as is possible. now if u shake up this solution witha non polar solvent u should see sum crystals forming in the non polar solvent part. let the two solutions seperate off, and take out the non polar solvent part (should be on top). do this 2-3 times and let the solvent evaporate for sum mescaline freebase, then mix that with vinegar and let it evaporate off for sum nice mescaline acetate crystals.

if u mix starting fluid and water, and take off the top layer of fluid, that's ethyl ether- a highly volatile non polar solvent that evaporates within minutes.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Anonymous

#4034811 - 04/09/05 06:04 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Erowid is great and so is this: San Pedro Prep.

You will get more replies if you post this in the Other Drugs Discussion forum. A mod will move the thread there if you ask him/her.

Invisiblesafrole
Stranger
Re: Quick Question About *MESCALINE* [Re: 4hodmt]
    #4035795 - 04/10/05 12:44 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

do not use bleach as your base.
you should not see crystals forming in your non polar solvent layer.
non polar solvents don't always float on top of water.
do not evaporate your non polar solvent containing mescaline freebase. the freebase reacts readily with carbon dioxide in the air, forming an inactive product.
mixing mescaline freebase with vinegar will not form mescaline acetate, rather a solution of mescaline freebase in vinegar.
crystaline mescaline acetate is inactive.

ether isn't a good suggestion for the beginner. it is highly volitile and flammable, with a low flash point.
GIGO garbage in=grabage out

if you just wanna consume pedro, here is a quick and easy way to make syrup:
take your whole cactus, spines, core and all, and throw strips into a good blender. your blender should be able to reduce the cactus flesh to a foamy green sludge. take all your foamy green cacti snot and throw it into a suitable size boiling container. add quite a few squirts of lemon juice or citric acid to this and start heating. you'll know your done when the foam layer goes away. takes as long as it takes. strain this liquid while still hot, saving both the soilids and liquids. squeeze the solids of as much liquid as you can.
throw the solids back into the boiling vessel, and cover with enough water. add some more lemon juice or citric acid and boil again for at least an hour. strain and squeeze the solids again, saving the liquids. repeat once more with the boiling. this time pitch the soilds, as nearly all the mescaline is now in the liquids. you can boil down the liquids to a manageable volume if necessary. when boiling, do not let it boil violently, a gentle simmer is sufficent.

this process requires no nasty solvents or chemicals, and you only have to deal with the taste of pedro syrup. if the syrup is sufficently concentrated, not much is required.

there are other process to further refine the extract to a crystalline product, but they usually require a non polar solvent like xylene or toulene, a base like lye (NaOH), amd an acid like hydrochloric or sulphuric acid. if you wish to go this route, do not follow the procedure i quoted above, as it will most likely result in an unusable product. (at least i wouldn't eat anything made by that process.)

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: Quick Question About *MESCALINE* [Re: safrole]
    #4036018 - 04/10/05 02:38 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

dont listen to these guys, they just like to hear themselves talk.

use this simple tek ( you might want to consider using acid in this process, as it doesnt have any mention of acid use )

http://www.entheogen.com/News/article/sid=91.html

when you get the end result, a snotty goopy sludge, you want to throw this goop into a food dehydrator, or you can make one using your oven and a fan. try to get it as thin as possible across the pan. it will eventually harden into a solid mass which can be broken and pulverized into a bunch of nice tiny green crystals using a mortar and pestle.

enjoy.

Offlineeggystardust
Viva elDirector!

Re: Quick Question About *MESCALINE* [Re: Abermelin]
    #4036139 - 04/10/05 03:45 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

nice link abermelin, i just might have to try that method....

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Quick Question About *MESCALINE* [Re: eggystardust]
    #4040201 - 04/11/05 10:20 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i always though that sanpedro cactus was found in south america - y'know, peru & chile & equador... & not in arizona...

now peyote may grow there-abouts...
of course, it's quite possible that sanpedro has been introduced to the arizona region by well-meaning eco-terrorists :wink: ...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: Quick Question About *MESCALINE* [Re: gnrm23]
    #4040243 - 04/11/05 10:41 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

san pedro grows everywhere thats warm, all over neighborhoods and municipalities. Theres really not a place you cant find it.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4041062 - 04/11/05 02:47 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I just came back from a vacation next to the Sonoran, it was so beautiful.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: Quick Question About *MESCALINE* [Re: dblaney]
    #4042233 - 04/11/05 07:42 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience