Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Medical Marijuana Case Against Feds Heads To Court
    #4012869 - 04/04/05 03:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Medical Marijuana Case Against Feds Heads To Court
April 4, 2005
nbc11.com

Two Bay Area medical marijuana patients could find out as soon as Monday if they can use marijuana without the fear of federal prosecution.

In California, medical marijuana patients are protected under state law. But federal law supersedes state law and agents can arrest people for using marijuana at any time.

Angel Raich is a medical marijuana patient and is suing, saying it is the only way to treat her diseases.

Raich filed a lawsuit against the federal government three years ago.

"I was really afraid that the federal government would come in and knock down my door and arrest me and take me into custody and because I'm so ill and because cannabis is a life support for me I wouldn't have the opportunity to put on a defense," she said.

Raich's case already won in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.

Supporters of the medical marijuana law say if she wins, it could change the landscape of United States' marijuana policy

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Medical Marijuana Case Against Feds Heads To Court [Re: veggie]
    #4014384 - 04/04/05 10:24 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Supporters of the medical marijuana law say if she wins, it could change the landscape of United States' marijuana policy

And what if she loses...? Doesn't that mean that medical marijuana patients will have no legal protection whatsoever?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: Medical Marijuana Case Against Feds Heads To Court [Re: Ravus]
    #4019349 - 04/05/05 11:46 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yup. And sets a precedent, meaning it will likely never be legalized in the courts.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service