Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
old hand
 User Gallery
Man Goes to Court to Get His Drugs Back
    #1700142 - 07/09/03 05:50 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Man Goes to Court to Get His Drugs Back
Wed Jul 9, 7:49 AM ET

CHOWCHILLA, Calif. - Usually people go to court to fight a drug rap. But one man says he's going to court to get his drugs back.

Michael Celli, 42, who had a pound of medicinal marijuana seized by police, says he needs it to ease chronic migraine headaches.

Celli had hoped to receive his stash on Monday after a judge ordered Chowchilla police to return it, citing a 1996 California referendum legalizing marijuana for medicinal use.

But Police Chief John Robinson called the Drug Enforcement Agency instead. The freezer bag full of pot will remain in an evidence locker until federal agents pick it up.

"It was suggested by the district attorney's office to confer with the DEA," Robinson said. "If I release it to (Celli), I can be arrested for a felony, which is trafficking and distributing."

Celli was booked on suspicion of drug possession with intent to sell while being issued a citation for illegal parking April 25. He said an officer laughed when he showed a card to prove he had medical reasons for using marijuana.

Robinson said Celli had "one of these cards you can buy on the street corner in San Francisco," not a doctor's prescription as mandated by state law.

Robinson also said he's following a 2001 U.S. Supreme Court (news - web sites) decision that declared the state medical marijuana statute does not take precedence over federal drug laws.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Man Goes to Court to Get His Drugs Back [Re: motaman]
    #1702091 - 07/10/03 11:52 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'd say he is definitely wasting his money trying to replace his meds this way.

Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Man Goes to Court to Get His Drugs Back [Re: debianlinux]
    #1702175 - 07/10/03 12:38 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

debianlinux said:
I'd say he is definitely wasting his money trying to replace his meds this way.

Perhaps he's also hoping to make a point?

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Loc: Whispering Winds
Re: Man Goes to Court to Get His Drugs Back [Re: debianlinux]
    #1702439 - 07/10/03 02:15 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

take the power back!

"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service