Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Megagro=ga-3
    #3984135 - 03/29/05 05:40 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

A local nursery sells "MegaGro" and "MegaGro Concentrate". It is a giberrelic acid containing product. I highly recommend it as it has completely boosted the overall health of my plants. I mix it with 1/4th teaspoon FloraMicro, FloraGro, FloraBloom, and Superthrive all in a gallon of water and this does wonders for my young plants.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: Megagro=ga-3 [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3985956 - 03/29/05 05:18 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'd like to discuss this a little, being the nerd that i am..

i would wonder if the use of these Gibberellins is not counterproductive, or at least worthless..?? for most plants, especially MJ, never to be used on MJ.

i thought that Gibberelic acids were used to " to produce partial stamenate expression in a pistillate individual. These might be able to suppress the sexual expression of one or other sex in a hermaphroditic type."

furthermore," To induce male flowers in female plants, the plants are sprayed with gibberellic acid, or watered with an aspirin/ water solution.
Gibberellic acid is a plant hormone originally isolated from mold-infested rice. Symptoms of the infection include extraordinary vertical growth(( bad!! )). Gibberellic acid affects plants in a variety of ways. In marijuana, it causes extensions of all stems on which it is sprayed, and if used before flowers develop, it occasionally induces " sex reversal " in females: male flowers develop on sprayed areas..... In a general way this is similar to a sex change operation...... inducing development of the other sex's sexual characteristics."

" The only practical use might be to stimulate a partial change in the sexual expression for breeding work, such as producing a true breeding type through self-fertilization, which is usually not possible."

so in other words don't put this stuff on your MJ unless you want stems stretching and hermaphroditic plants. it says don't even use it "around" flowering plants!!

it does say that it can be used on some "long day" plants to make them flower.

is salvia a long day plant?? because i know it's hard to make flower, maybe gibberellic acid would do the trick????

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Megagro=ga-3 [Re: zerozero]
    #3986017 - 03/29/05 05:42 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Well, Right now i'm not tooo keen on the science behind it.. I could deff. refresh on my knowledge of it. I understand that it is a type of Hormone and is especially good to use on SEEDS... Most of the documentation that ive seen has been on the use of seeds.. Using it on Datura metel seeds can totally increase your germination yields.. I started using it on my plants (I do not grow MJ so i'm not going to be able to comment much on that..) but MegaGro is for daily use on plants, while I use the MegaGro concentrate on seeds and seedlings untill they age a bit..

Good topic to bring up though! We should deff. address this.

--------------------

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

Re: Megagro=ga-3 [Re: Aneglakya]
    #3986110 - 03/29/05 06:21 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

yeah i figured you were talking about non- MJ ethnos, i just wanted to let people know so that they didn't go spraying it willy-nilly on their MJ, cause I know people look here for tips on MJ.

i wonder if it helps cacti seeds germinate? that would be keen.

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Megagro=ga-3 [Re: zerozero]
    #3988965 - 03/30/05 05:31 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

This is sort of off topic but i'm curious how the solvent DMSO, possibly diluted and administered slowly over a long period of time, would effect a plants growth/development/cells/etc.. I know that DMSO has nothing to do with plants, but i thought it would be interesting, if I had the ability and utilities, to study how plant tissue reacts to this and various other solvents.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden