Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

First-Grader nabbed with crack cocaine
    #3958428 - 03/23/05 11:13 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

First Grader Thinks Crack Is Candy, Hands It Out To Friends
March 22, 2005

CHICAGO HEIGHTS, Ill. - Most first-graders carry their lunch boxes to school in their backpacks. But one first-grader in Chicago carried dozens of bags of crack cocaine. The little boy thought the drugs were candy, so he started handing them out to his friends. His teachers say he's a nice kid who's never been in trouble before.

Authorities in Illinois are searching for the mother and other relatives of a first-grader who brought bags of crack cocaine to school Friday.

School authorities said they don't expect to discipline the boy, who found 40 small bags of crack cocaine in his school book bag and allegedly handed the drug out to his classmates, thinking it was candy.

The Department of Children and Family Services took the boy into custody Friday and placed him in a relative's home.

Police said the boy's relatives could face narcotics and child endangerment charges.

Police said the boy apparently lived in a household where drug dealing was going on, and that someone else had apparently used the book bag as a hiding place for the crack.

"We have never had any problems with him, OK?" Lincoln Principal Elmer Joyce said. "He's an average little kid, average-looking little kid -- comes to school every day, does not misbehave. You know, it came as a complete shock."

Authorities said the child apparently began handing out the crack at about noon Friday on the playground of Lincoln School.

"Within four to five minutes, they were on top of it and they recovered any and all bags that the child had handed out to other individuals," Chicago Heights Police Deputy Chief Mike Camilli said. "And at that point, they turned the child over to us."

School teachers and administrators said the boy has never been in trouble before, which is why they felt he should not be disciplined.

"He was a darling little child; he had no idea of what he had," said Chicago Heights District 170 Supt. Dollie Helsel.

Teacher Jim Low agreed.

"I was just kind of stunned that the little child would possibly have possession of something of this nature," he said.

Camilli said the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services had been contacted about the incident, and the child's 31-year-old mother and other relatives were being sought.

The family lives in a public housing complex near the school, but police were unable Monday to find the boy's guardians.

"He lives in a household where apparently there's drug dealing, and when he sees these little bags of rock cocaine around the house, they're telling him it's candy," Camilli said.

Many parents at the school learned Monday what had happened.

"(It's) not surprising, as far as right around here, because crack is like crazy around here," parent Nancy Flores said.

Deanna Dawson, whose child also attends the school, said she worried about what might happen if a child ate the drug.

"My concern is that if he had passed it out to kids, that they had eaten the candy that they thought it was," she said.

Camilli called the situation "insane," and said, "I've been here 29 years; I've never seen anything like it."

Camilli said no one was harmed in the incident and police believe they retrieved all of the cocaine. No one consumed any of the drug, he said.

* Related story: Police release first-graders Mom

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: First-Grader nabbed with crack cocaine [Re: veggie]
    #3958644 - 03/23/05 12:14 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

"My concern is that if he had passed it out to kids, that they had eaten the candy that they thought it was," she said.

I cannot find anything on crack being orally active.  I do know that cocaine HCL is not as active orally as it is subliminally.  I also cocaine HCL is not very active smoked - which is why it is converted to crack.  It seems to me, crack is not very orally active. :shrug:

Anyone with better information that can shed some light?

Research &Development -DBK
Re: First-Grader nabbed with crack cocaine [Re: delta9]
    #3961268 - 03/23/05 08:43 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not sure about that, but I'm glad they didn't break out the stun gun on him.

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: First-Grader nabbed with crack cocaine [Re: veggie]
    #3961431 - 03/23/05 09:19 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

That kid should get the electric chair

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service