Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Man, I forgot the world of psychedelics - how mescaline helped me out (another trip report)
    #3955310 - 03/22/05 06:19 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

I started going back to college again last semester, which means that I didn't have as much time to do things like using psychedelics. With all the responsibility and intensity of work & school, it's hard to devote the time and energy to psychedelics.

Well, spring-break finally has come, and I got the chance to use a mild dose of mescaline (non-street source, and by me, I am of course typing from the point of view from my guinea pig who decided to do this). The seriousness of responsibility had distanced me from my true outlook on life; playing the role of a student, a worker and someone who is an upstanding citizen has a way of suppressing the outlook which has evolved through my past use of psychedelics.

My intentions of the trip weren't strongly to get back in touch with my psychedelic roots, but just as a chance to explore mescaline some more. As the start of the trip occurred, I began to feel a pulse of euphoria throughout myself. I put on Primus' live DVD, the aptly named "Hallucino-Genetics. I got very inspired by the musical talent of the band and decided to write and record music, something else which the seriousness and responsibilities of work and school distracted me from.

For the next few hours, I just played guitar, enjoying being back in touch with music. I began to realize how much my approach in school and other parts of my life was making me somewhat joyless and lacking in color. Not to say that I had been depressed, but life had lacked ambition and excitement. This was so strong that I wasn't even aware of it before the trip.

While the trip itself was fairly mild on the intensity scale, the influence of it was something I'm still feeling today (it's been 3 days). I realized not to surrender myself to what I expect other people demand of me and to live my life in appreciation of life itself. My natural approach to life is rather different than most people I know, so there is an unconscious motivation to submit who I am in order to avoid criticism. Everyone does it to a certain extent; however it manages to pile up so slowly that it is easy to lose sight of who I am. Psychedelics have a way of completely wiping the slate clean and opening perceptions of the world that I can easily forget.

This is not to say that I'm shunning the responsibilities of school & work, but rather I'm taking a different approach. If anything, I?m more ambitious about college because I?m more on track with my real goals.

Just wanted to share the experience with the pub, as I?m really astonished how beneficial such a mild dose of mescaline can be.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleoneducktwoducks
Re: Man, I forgot the world of psychedelics - how mescaline helped me out (another trip report) *DELETED* [Re: Twirling]
    #3955379 - 03/22/05 06:35 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Post deleted by oneducktwoducks

Reason for deletion: .

InvisibleNoetical
Flip Horrorshow

Re: Man, I forgot the world of psychedelics - how mescaline helped me out (another trip report) [Re: oneducktwoducks]
    #3955401 - 03/22/05 06:39 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Twir,

That was particular moving to me, especially the part about submitting who you are to avoid criticism.

Thanks for posting that.

Noetic

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: Man, I forgot the world of psychedelics - how mescaline helped me out (another trip report) [Re: Twirling]
    #3955423 - 03/22/05 06:46 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

I liked reading that. I don't have anything to add, but :thumbup:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflinePuke
Never Again

Loc: North of you
Re: Man, I forgot the world of psychedelics - how mescaline helped me out (another trip report) [Re: Twirling]
    #3955458 - 03/22/05 06:57 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

how much did the guinea pig take ?

nice post  :thumbup:

--------------------
I used to get high on life, but then I built up a tolerance.

~~~~Got Wake Bitches?~~~~

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3955476 - 03/22/05 07:03 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Isn't wonderful how reminders always pop into your life? Glad you had a great & fruitful Journey!

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Man, I forgot the world of psychedelics - how mescaline helped me out (another trip report) [Re: Puke]
    #3956146 - 03/22/05 08:57 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Thanks everyone, glad you enjoyed it. It helps to write it out and discuss it with the pub (as mescaline doesn't exactly happen to be a watercooler topic).

Quote:

Puke said:
how much did the guinea pig take ?

Between 20-25 dry grams. For small doses, he finds it easier to dry it first, powder it, then encapsulate it/chow some of it down. Alf-alfa of course.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #3956226 - 03/22/05 09:06 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

That sounds like a great and healthy little trip you had there. It's always wonderful when you come away with not just a good time to be reflected on, but some sort of deep insight.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#3956245 - 03/22/05 09:10 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Yeah, especially when it's a surprise and you don't expect it. Adds to the moment.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #3956263 - 03/22/05 09:13 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

While my whole trip was happening and I was sharing all this love with my girlfriend it was wonderful. But it was the next day when I woke up that I realized that I had been taking her for granted in a way, just sort of letting my love for her become as normal as TV dinner...and when I woke up it was like I realized that this was one singular and spectacular love not to be underestimated.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3956558 - 03/22/05 09:39 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
(as mescaline doesn't exactly happen to be a watercooler topic).

Work would be so much more interesting if it was....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale