Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Security and Safety

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Reagent Testing Kit

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
How To Deal With Cops.... Warning: This is LONG... * 1
    #3909023 - 03/12/05 10:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

WARNING:  If you are extremely prone to paranoia don't read this post, because as harmless as I am, you'll still get paranoid

I see alot of people post on here about their dealings with cops, and how they are lucky or unlucky when dealing with them.  Alot, if not most, of the things that happen could easily be avoided, and luck is never a reason you got away from something.  Alot of people that post stories about getting lucky with the cops have absolutely nothing to do with luck.  If you understand whats going on, and why they're doing something you would see this...

What everyone needs to understand is that information and knowledge is what will keep you out of harms way when dealing with cops, not luck.  I personally have gotten away with soooo much shit because of my knowledge of local laws, and the procedures that law enforcement officials must follow when upholding those laws.  The wealth of knowledge I have (This is where you really wanna stop reading if you're a paranoid person) was acquired because my father is a cop, and was a K-9 handler and trainer for several years.  I've helped train all the dogs that the Sheriff's department currently uses.  I constantly ask my Pop questions regarding the legality of certain issues, and procedures that must be followed in order for any evidence that may be obtained to be admissible in court.  I keep an updated version of the "Texas Criminal Law and Motor Vehicle Handbook" in my truck just in case I need to prove to a cop that he is incorrect in order to keep from getting a ticket or something.  And believe me when I say that cops don't have every statute memorized.  They keep the exact same book I carry in their vehicle too; no one is infallible.  I would highly suggest everyone go a bookstore near you or to this website and get a copy of the law book pertaining to your state, as it is an extremely valuable asset.  Every once in a while I'll just sit down and start reading some of the laws, you never know what kind of useful info you can find.  For instance, for those out there living in Texas, how many times have you been looking for a parking spot and you finally spot one.  As you're pulling in you see a handicapped parking symbol painted on the ground, and you think "Shit!  Man, I don't wanna get ticket."  Well in Texas, in order for a spot to legally be reserved for handicapped parking there must be a sign posted.  As in one of those signs on a pole, or on the wall or something.  Legally, that symbol painted on the ground doesn't mean shit.  So next time you spot a handicapped parking spot, but the sign is missing from the pole, or there just isn't one to begin with, park there, there's nothing illegal about it.  You can find some funny shit too.  Did you know its illegal to posses 6 or more dildos in Texas?  Or that its illegal to sell or posses dildos that are realistic, as in with a head and veins? 

Anyway, I digress, so I'll get back to the useful info.  First off you have to understand what type of cop you're dealing with.  Cops that work narcotics/drug interdiction have gone through specialized training to recognize suspicious behavior and can get reasonable cause to search your vehicle just from a conversation with you.  Have you ever been on a road trip and you get pulled over, and you think the cop is just making small talk with you when he's asking, "Where are you coming from?  Where are you going?  Who do you know up there?"  These questions are extreme examples that even a dumbass can figure out what he's doing, but your answers and reactions to these questions are all being analyzed.  Now before you go getting all paranoid, you have to realize that very very few cops have gone through this training, and work specifically narcotics.  Also, its normally on a main interstate highway, since those are the easiest roads to get to other states.  99% of the cops you'll ever deal with will be normal patrolmen.  They don't have this training, and if you exercise your right to not have your vehicle searched, and he does anyway, then his ass is now on the line for violating your civil rights.  Normal cops aren't out there looking for dope, they're out there writing tickets and shit, and have probably only been through a weeks worth of training on drugs.  When I say training on drugs, its more than likely "Here's what the drug looks like.  Here's how to handle it if you think its an illegal drug.  Here's a test kit to test it with to make a positive identification."  Also, the test kits contain tests for coke, mj, meth, and opiates... not shrooms.  It would be extremely rare if a cop could test shrooms on the side of the road. 

Another thing is that cops don't like hassles.  The only time they're going to try to get a warrant is if they really really really think that you've got drugs in your car.  Someone earlier posted about getting stopped with shrooms in his hand and was worried about cops coming to his house with a search warrant...  In short, it'd never happen.  First off, that cop out there driving the street in his patrol car, wearing his uniform and all, will never serve a search warrant on a house.  Searching houses is done by tactical entry teams.  Another piece of good info for you fellow Texans, is that cops can only kick your door down legally to serve a FELONY search warrant.  They're not going to waste alot of time and resources if you're busted with a handful of shrooms, or a joint or something. 

I could sit here and type a novel for you guys to read, but it'd probably bore you, so I'm gonna tell one of my stories about runnin into cops, and you all can decide if it was my knowledge or my luck that got me outta trouble. 

~4:00am - On the way home, about an hour away.  I get pulled over on the highway while passing through a little podunk ass town. 
"Do you know why I pulled you over?"
"Nope, why?"
"You were driving 68 mph."
"The speed limit is 65 right here."
"Which is speeding sir if you're going 68."
"OK fine, write me the ticket."
He leaves with my license and insurance, then comes back.
"Where are you headed?"
"Home, back to ______"
"Have you been drinking at all tonight?"
"Nope."
"Have you used any drugs?"
"Nope."
"Why are your eyes red?"
"It's 4 am and I've been awake since 6, I'm tired, and I'm just trying to get home man."
"Do you have anything illegal in your vehicle?"
"Nope." In reality I had about 2 ozs of mj, some shrooms, and 10 tabs of X.
"Would you mind if I searched your truck?"
"Yes I would, no you cannot search my truck."
At this point I can tell he's agitated because I told him no.
"Why not!?!?"
"Because I don't want someone searching through my things."
"Well that right there tells me you've got something in there!"
"Excuse me?!?! No it doesn't, it means I'm legally refusing to give you consent to search my truck, it doesn't mean I've got anything to hide."
At this point he's pissed.  We go back and forth a couple times with "I'm going to search your truck!", "No you're not!"
I tell him, "Listen, you've only got two options right now that'll get you in my truck: You can try to get a magistrate to get you a warrant, which won't happen... Or you've got 45 minutes from the time you pulled me over to get a dog out here to walk around my truck, which you won't get."
I can't remember exactly how, but for some reason I got out of my truck, and I'm standing next to my front bumper.  He tells me he's going to search my truck anyway and starts to walk to my door.
"You touch my truck, and you'll lose your job!  I'll have the FBI on your ass for violating my civil liberties!"
He get about 2 inches from my face and is basically screaming.
"I'll do whatever the fuck I want to kid!"
I've already been pissed for a while now, and can tell this is getting nowhere.
"Get your sergeant or lieutenant here right now!"
After about 10 mins his Lt. shows up, and I see him walk over to the guys patrol car.  Apparently the dumbass had video in his car, and a microphone on his waste, which is pretty common now.  I see the Lt. shaking his head in the car while watching the video.  He comes over to me basically asks me if I want to pursue a complaint.  I can tell he's pretty pissed too because he knows his dude fucked up.  I told him no, I just want to go home.  As I'm driving away I can see him ripping his ass, it was actually pretty funny now that I think about it, but I was pissed at the time...

Think about what you would have done in that situation.  Everyone I know would have eventually let him into their car, and would have been screwed.  I'm willing to bet that most of the people on this site would have been too.  Like I say, the best thing you can do to protect yourself from getting in trouble is to know more about the cop's job than they do.  I've been lucky enough to have easy access to good information, but there's not a single person that cannot learn these things themselves.

Be smart about what you are doing, and learn enough to be able to know what a cop is going to do before he does it, and you'll be much better off than relying on luck... GL, and if only one person learned something, then I've accomplished my goal here... Lataz :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblespl_punk
Stoner ReakingHavoc

Loc: PURGATORY
Re: How To Deal With Cops.... Warning: This is LONG... [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #3909084 - 03/12/05 10:16 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Nice post, I'm far from paranoide being as I dont drive or keep drugs at my home, but it's cool to hear how you basically stuck it to him.

--------------------

Offlineaxis_tech
Rollin' Stoned

#3909111 - 03/12/05 10:21 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

thanks a million for this post man, I for one am sure you just helped out a LOT more than 1 person

--------------------
takes a token' and keeps on smoken'

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep

Re: How To Deal With Cops.... Warning: This is LONG... [Re: spl_punk] * 1
    #3909123 - 03/12/05 10:23 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yea, after I thought about it for a while, I should have called the FBI and complained, but oh well...

BTW, another cool thing for Texans:

Texas Constitution
Article VI. Suffrage
Section 5. Privilege of voters from arrest.
    Voters shall, in all cases, except treason, felony or breach of peace, be privileged from arrest during their attendance at elections, and in going to and returning therefrom.

Basically, if its election time, and you've got warrants or something that they want to arrest you for, you can tell them that you are on the way to vote, and they can't arrest you.  I've used that one, and it really pissed off the cop :grin:

--------------------

-Boondock Saints

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep

Re: How To Deal With Cops.... Warning: This is LONG... [Re: axis_tech]
    #3909129 - 03/12/05 10:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

No problemo! :stoned:

--------------------

-Boondock Saints

InvisibleChristoph teh goat luvr
Drugstore Cowboy
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana Flag
    #3909197 - 03/12/05 10:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Damn!!! now I gotta throw out some of my dildos! Now I'm pissed! LOL just playing. great thread man, loved it! I'm gonna go out and get a book of the Florida laws first thing tomorrow morning. Great story. Must have took allot of balls to do that. I'm pretty scared of the PO Po's.

Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty Dirty
Re: How To Deal With Cops.... Warning: This is LONG... [Re: Christoph teh goat luvr]
    #3909339 - 03/12/05 11:11 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

you wouldnt call the feds ...you would get in touch with internal affairs

--------------------
THE LUNATIC IS IN MY HEAD
<----(o)---->
Check out www.alexgrey.com! He does tools artwork from lateralus.
No harm can come from questioning. "Best" case scenerio: You prove it right without relying on the fact that it is widely accepted. Argument strengthened. "Worst" case scenerio: You realize you might have been wrong. The new answer might or might not be what you want to hear, but it beats defending yourself with bullshit.
Qoted from (Koala Koolio)

Offlineaxis_tech
Rollin' Stoned

Re: How To Deal With Cops.... Warning: This is LONG... [Re: Christoph teh goat luvr]
    #3909347 - 03/12/05 11:12 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

A little off topic but still funny, I heard somewhere that in Texas it's illegal to beat your wife with a belt thicker than 1/4 inch thick without her consent.

--------------------
takes a token' and keeps on smoken'

InvisibleChristoph teh goat luvr
Drugstore Cowboy
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana Flag
Re: How To Deal With Cops.... Warning: This is LONG... [Re: axis_tech]
    #3909351 - 03/12/05 11:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

LMAO!!!!!!!! :crazy2:

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep

Re: How To Deal With Cops.... Warning: This is LONG... [Re: camelsmoker]
    #3909399 - 03/12/05 11:27 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

camelsmoker said:
you wouldnt call the feds ...you would get in touch with internal affairs

errrrrr... wrong... Violation of your Civil Rights is a Federal offense, thus is handled on the federal level, which would be the FBI... But if I wanted to complain of intimidating behavior, yes IA would investigate this, but you don't call IA, you contact the officer's superior officer, and they take it to IA...

--------------------

-Boondock Saints

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #3909481 - 03/12/05 11:51 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

NeedMoreSleep said:
Or you've got 45 minutes from the time you pulled me over to get a dog out here to walk around my truck

better check the court rulings, some jurisdictions require it to be as short as 20 minutes

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#3909484 - 03/12/05 11:53 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

NeedMoreSleep said:
errrrrr... wrong... Violation of your Civil Rights is a Federal offense, thus is handled on the federal level, which would be the FBI...

Department of Justice, the FBI doesnt investigate it directly, there is actualy a division that handles it.

Offline88mustanggt

#3909487 - 03/12/05 11:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

any more good run ins with them

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: How To Deal With Cops.... Warning: This is LONG... [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #3909544 - 03/13/05 12:07 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

There was a fairly big case down in the good ol' redneck state of GA. A sheriff was basically running the whole town. He had juries scared, he was acting as ADA, violating civil rights left and right. The feds swooped in and took him off to a pound-me-in-the-ass prison. I can't say I like the way the prison system works, but I really won't feel any sorrow if that fellow dies of sodomy.

If we really and truely believed our bill of rights makes us better than everyone else in the world, we ought to send cops who violate the constitution to jail without chance of release.

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep

Re: How To Deal With Cops.... Warning: This is LONG... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3909563 - 03/13/05 12:11 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Department of Justice, the FBI doesnt investigate it directly, there is actualy a division that handles it.

FBI is part of the Dept. of Justice, but yes it is a specific division that would investigate something like this, however it'd take me forever and a day to find out how to contact that specific division, and direct complaint to the FBI would get the job done...

--------------------

-Boondock Saints

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep

Re: How To Deal With Cops.... Warning: This is LONG... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3909586 - 03/13/05 12:15 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
better check the court rulings, some jurisdictions require it to be as short as 20 minutes

I'm sure its different in alot of places, however where I live its 45 mins...

Anyway, my post wasn't so I could tell a story, I just wanted to point out to everyone that the best way to cover your ass is you have as much info as you can...  The best reply so far is the guy who said he's gonna pic up the law book for his state tomorrow... GL and I'm goin to bed :stoned:

--------------------

-Boondock Saints

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #3909646 - 03/13/05 12:29 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

well chances are he's a stoner so tomorrow means next week. i know i'll be picking mine up tomo......next week. thanks for the awesome info

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

Re: How To Deal With Cops.... Warning: This is LONG... [Re: SuperD]
    #3909706 - 03/13/05 12:53 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SuperD said:
well chances are he's a stoner so tomorrow means next week. i know i'll be picking mine up tomo......next week. thanks for the awesome info

Haha, i actually laughed. Great thread man, interesting stuff. In NSW Australia, a police officer can pat you down, search your bag and ask if you have anything in your ass if his dog just smells you interestedly and sits down.

Edited by rocknliam (03/13/05 01:28 AM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#3909837 - 03/13/05 01:24 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

NeedMoreSleep said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

I'm sure its different in alot of places, however where I live its 45 mins...

Anyway, my post wasn't so I could tell a story, I just wanted to point out to everyone that the best way to cover your ass

one of the reasons I suggested checking... if it's 20 minutes for a reasonable
amount of time, then 45 minutes is a rights violation too.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: How To Deal With Cops.... Warning: This is LONG... [Re: rocknliam]
    #3909904 - 03/13/05 01:39 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

NEVER give a Texas cop SHIT.A one on one, only the cop is belived.
Hell at 5 to 1 the cop wins 99% of the time.

Don't give them a reson to pull you over . Period. ...
are you got shit coming your way. .. ... .... .....

I've been in Texas since 1954.

avoid the shit at 4 in the morning be on your way to work... not home..........................................................

wrong place, wrong time , to many problems

but what the fuck do I know, .. ... ..... ... .... ...

Stoned since 1969

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Reagent Testing Kit

Community >> Security and Safety