Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Wild dreams
    #3905342 - 03/12/05 01:15 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I had a strange dream last night. It wasn't just the situation in the dream that was strange, it was the whole setup of the dream.

To start with, there was a great deal of "background" to the dream that I can remember even now, but that I never actually dreamed in the first place. I also woke up with the knowledge of what happened "after" the dream, in the dreamworld (that's a first, for me). The dream itself seemed pretty short, basically consisting of landing on another planet, but there is a lot more information left over than just the experience of the landing. Follow?

So I dreamed I was in a space craft heading towards a planet that looked remarkably Earth-like (big blue oceans with green continents). I was a member of some deep-space exploration team, and we had travelled for quite a long time to get to this planet. It was special, in that it was the nearest planet to Earth that we could detect which had water vapour in its atmosphere. So we were sent out to find out why this planet was special.

At the start of the dream we were already receiving radio transmitions from the planet, though not directed at us. I remember listening to it on the space-ship's radio (lol, it was a Sony CD player in the dashboard) and hearing strange voices. It was a big deal for everyone in the ship, and I was pretty worked up over hearing the alien voices. We landed on the planet in this field, that looked remarkably like a corn field. I remember for a moment I thought I might be in a movie, because it all looked VERY Earth-like but had a fake cardboard-cutout quality to it all.

Then the aliens appeared...and they were all humans. They were just as shocked to see us as we were to see them. They were aliens, but they were exactly human in form and action (it was only their language we could not understand). The main sequence of the dream ended there, in utter confusion, to be followed by a short narrative of sorts (I get this sometimes, at the end of dreams. once I even had movie credits scroll past). It basically explained that our scientists (from both planets) determined that life had arisen on both of our worlds INDEPENDANTLY, but that evolution could only follow a specified path to intelligence, so we both ended up with the same form of intelligent life (humans). We shared very similar animal and plant life, as well...with generally only minor differences. The last thing I remember in the narrative was a voice saying something like "the DNA is universal".

I'm quite sure that was the end of it all, but when I woke up I could remember more than just the experience of landing and the narrative. The scientists also discovered that all individual parts of existence are universal. When you take matter and separate it into clumps, the clumps will all evolve towards the same end - so that only very minor differences remain in the end. The essential core is the same, throughout all existence.

I need to start smoking more before I go to sleep, I think.

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Wild dreams [Re: trendal]
    #3905373 - 03/12/05 01:24 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You should keep a dream journal next to your bed to record all your dreams. It's interesting to look back a few weeks later and realize all these crazy hallucinations you have that you don't even remember.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Wild dreams [Re: Ravus]
    #3905390 - 03/12/05 01:30 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I can't wait until we can record dreams digitally! :yesnod:

Someone needs to get on that.

--------------------
But you feel it;
Driving you mad.

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
    #3905443 - 03/12/05 01:50 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

thats a sweet ass dream.  sounds like ur dreams are pretty cinematic.  mine usually have no sense of chronology,  just finding myself in strange situations with no knowledge of how i got into them.  not knowing how the hell u got to where you are helps a lot with lucid dreams.. as long as u have the sense to notice that ur in an unusual situation and dont remember how u got urself into it.   

i agree trendal, i've always wished that recording ur dreams and playing them back was possible.  maybe once its understood how the brain interprets electrical impulses and all that mess.  probably wont happen in my lifetime,  lazy scientists.. :drooling:

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
    #3906725 - 03/12/05 01:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Awesome, sounds like a Twilight Zone episode or something.
Quote:

smoking (pot) before sleep always keeps me from remembering my dreams, be careful with that.

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Wild dreams [Re: KackleDude]
    #3906753 - 03/12/05 01:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I've always thought that if a dream is especially vivid, there is probably something contained within it that is of some kind of importance.  :heart:

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Wild dreams [Re: KackleDude]
    #3908550 - 03/12/05 07:58 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

KackleDude said:
Awesome, sounds like a Twilight Zone episode or something.
Quote:

smoking (pot) before sleep always keeps me from remembering my dreams, be careful with that.

That's the point :wink:

--------------------
But you feel it;
Driving you mad.

InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

#3908569 - 03/12/05 08:01 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I jotted down a quick dream log when I woke up the other daya and then went back to sleep. It's surprisingly accurate. I'll post it in a minute after I edit all the racial slurs out.

InvisibleNewfoundFreedom
Manure whore

Re: Wild dreams [Re: NewfoundFreedom]
    #3908583 - 03/12/05 08:04 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Alright. There's a few typos and it's written in short hand and a few parts are mixed up, but like I said I wrote this down as soon as I woke up before going back to sleep.

i'm at a mall with my bro
we're there to see a movie called the devil
we bought tickets online
my bro's gf there is too
for some reason the fat afro american won't let me see the movie
i keep trying to sneak in
i have a ticket he just won't let me
we're trying to get in and i get a crowbar at some point
we're walking through crowds of people in theatre lines in endless hallways
i get split up from my bro and his gf
i wind up in a dance room and start dancing with an older woman and asking her about where the theatre is
then everyone in the dance room is betting on some weird contest
the first chick kills this monster by slicind it across and then stabbing it dead in the forehead
the forehead stab is of some importance like darts
my dad is in there betting
i'm leaning against a stage platform and some guy asks me if i need something and i'm like nah, just standing here so he's like oh alright
i get out of there and wind up meeting my bro and his gf in a hallway and we're looking for the theatre with the devil playing
we find it but i dont' go in because i have to make sure it's cool with the fat Afro American for some reason
i head back into the main mall or whatever and there's all these people dressed up like they're at an anime convention
i start yelling out to characters like hey you're rosa!*from ff)
there was also some others i can't remember
then the mall turns into a crazy future asian mall
there's a few robots walking around and shit but it's normal
i wind up in some backrows and there's a dressing room and then animal cages
i'm chillig with the birds and then there are bats
i'm holding a few of the bats and then all of them go back in their cages along with the birds because their sleep cycle
the false night cycle comes on
i accidentally put day on and they start to wake up and i'm like whoops/fuck and turn night back on
then i go back to the department store section of the mall where the fat Afro American was and i'm trying to find him and make him let me go to the movies because i'm really pissed at this point
i see my ex gf working register somewhere and ask her were my bro is
and i'm like where the fuck is that fat Afro American at
my ex gf is mixed and she's like the fuck if i know *she says Afro American all the time too=
anyway I find the fat Afro American working at the same register when i wander back a few mins later with my bro and his gf who i ran into
i'm like yeah, i want your fucking employee number
the reason he wouldn't let me in the movie initially was he said there was a food mark on the back of my neck and i'm like no, that's a natural mark.
anyway i show him the ticket i bought in advance before and tell him i'm reporting him to his manager and demand his employee number
he gets all sad and shit and is like i have a name you know and goes to pull a card out
he looks and realizes he put his employee number instead of his name and gets sad
i forgive him or something and he's like man i didn't know you had a ticket in advance.
after that I'm walking through a shortcut in this field near my house to go somewhere. that's all i remember.

I'm not sure if this has any meaning to it, but it sure was weird.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub