Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineclandestinevixen
Stranger

How does drug bust become a civil deal
    #3836051 - 02/26/05 09:55 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hi guys, I doubt ya'll want to read my life story here, so I'll try to keep the background to my question brief; but it's really eating at me, so I'd appreciate the input.
Long, hypothetical of course, story short:
Few months ago I spent some time in the county jail over some silly-little mix-up I won't bore ya'll with cause had nothing to do with drugs. Anyway, while I'm in my home got raided and boyfriend got arrested for possession of 1oz. meth, and an illegal gun. He bails out, while I sit my ass in jail of course, get's court appointed atty, and winds with this hard-ass judge who is notorious for giving max sentences w/ NO breaks at all. BF get's lucky and gets deferred probation; but before sentencing fucks up and is late for mandatory piss test, warrant is issued, he runs for a week, turns himself in and manages to have court-appointed atty draw up some deal with Judge where he's out in 4 days, is allowed to continue playing guitar in any bar in Texas (big-time probation no-no), get's all of the expensive gear and shit they took during raid back, and continues on w/ probation without a rescheduled piss tests!
Am I wrong to have so little faith in the character of my boyfriend? Or would ya'll assume he turned, or made deal to turn, in exchange. I've asked him what they get out of this deal, and all I get is vague BS about his case being now a civil matter between him and police Dept. who raided our house, and basically the SGT., whom he's spoken to a couple times, wants financial restitution for expenses occurred during raid and investigation.
Frankly, I've lost all respect for the man; yet I feel like my lack of faith is disloyal to him, so I'm torn. I've never heard of a drug case becoming a civil matter with PD.

Would you say I'm being cautious and wise or paranoid and disloyal?

--------------------
When you swim with the sharks, you may avoid being devoured; but sooner or later, you're going to drown.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Re: How does drug bust become a civil deal [Re: clandestinevixen]
    #3836123 - 02/26/05 10:40 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If they performed an illegal search or otherwise violated his rights I could see it becoming a civil matter.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3837797 - 02/26/05 06:03 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Hmmmm. I can't say for sure, but getting such a light sentence for so much meth would make me suspicious....

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: How does drug bust become a civil deal [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3838727 - 02/26/05 09:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Hmmmm. I can't say for sure, but getting such a light sentence for so much meth would make me suspicious....

Yeah, especially after he ran for a week. I'd just lay low, especially around him if you're involved in much. If he did turn, I'd imagine you'd find out about it after at least some time has passed. (The problem is it could be a while if the DEA's working something they think might be bigger or could bring more people in.)

I don't know how much you're involved in (and you shouldn't reveal if you are) but if it's possible he already has stuff on you, you might want to get ready to go underground (false ID's and whatnot).... but that's only if you're a big player.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: How does drug bust become a civil deal [Re: Tantalus]
    #3838843 - 02/26/05 10:16 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck that. I wouldn't trust this dude at all...here's why...

1) He must have had the damn best public pretender in the whole western hemisphere to pull that off without offering some sort of snitch.

2) Unless the raid involved a cop accidentally shooting his grandma I can not see what he has to offer the judge (who you say is a hard-ass). He also ran, WTF?

3) Its was your house wasn't it? Not his AND they had a Judge-issued warrant (I'm assuming) which means they knew you were in the clink so they were obviously after him.

3) a whole zip of glass? That's conspiracy to distribute in states I've been in were the drug laws a way more lenient than TX. No fucking way he got deferred probation.

4)No piss test for a drug bust while on probation = snitch

5)This is a miracle story and I would be laying out every detail of this story out of enthusiasm of not getting sent to jail, wouldn't you?

If you enjoy freedom I would cut off all contact with this man and lay low. Some shit is going to go down. I would also tell everybody that you care about to avoid him like the plague. Maybe if this is like the first time ever you/he happened to have that much tweak lying around I could believe it, but something tells me that's not the case.

If he is legit than he'll start coming up with explanations he can back up. You have every right to be sketch even if your wrong.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Edited by DirtMcgirt (02/26/05 10:18 PM)

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: How does drug bust become a civil deal [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3839017 - 02/26/05 11:12 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DirtMcgirt said:

3)  a whole zip of glass?  That's conspiracy to distribute in states I've been in were the drug laws a way more lenient than TX.  No fucking way he got deferred probation.

:yesnod:

Yeah, that much meth would get you at least 3 years in prison here in TN.

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: How does drug bust become a civil deal [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3839498 - 02/27/05 01:02 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Yeah, that much meth would get you at least 3 years in prison here in TN.

I know! even a handful balls will get you at a few months anywhere.

Also the reason there is no pee tests and no jail time is they want to keep everything the way it was so it all goes back to normal-until they get the big bite.

I just reread this and what the hell does the SGT care about the money spent on the raid and investigation? Since when do the cops care about the money that is spent taking down drug dealers? Thats their job; thats what they are paid for....its taxpayer money so what do they care? It would be a first in the history of the drug war. Never heard of anything remotely like that.

Seriously clandestinevixen, take care of yourself not only from the police who will be knocking on your door again in the near future but also from the higher-ups who will be covering their tracks when some other people mysteriously go down. And when your boy for some reason is nowhere to be found they will come looking for you . Unless they settle disputes where your at with a friendly game of chess I would definetely get to the bottom of this.

....I hate snitches......worse than cops.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Offlineclandestinevixen
Stranger

Re: How does drug bust become a civil deal [Re: Tantalus]
    #3839681 - 02/27/05 01:52 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tantalus said:
I don't know how much you're involved in (and you shouldn't reveal if you are) but if it's possible he already has stuff on you, you might want to get ready to go underground (false ID's and whatnot).... but that's only if you're a big player.

Thanks guys, I needed this. It's ironic though, Daddy taught me well, I've had two back up IDs for years now; BUT now I'm on probation for totally unrelated stuff, so I'm wary to try anything like that. I doubt that's it's me they're after; but I don't want to be around should it be someone else.

I couldn't keep my big mouth shut though, and I pretty much told him what I suspected, now my car has disappeared, I guess because he's afraid I'll leave him and he knows that I have no friends/family to turn to. Can't report car stolen either cause, well... I may or may not have bought/registered it as someone else. I'll figure something out, I'll get away somehow.
I'm just not feeling very strong right now; but I have to say though, ya'lls confirmations of my fears have made me snap out of whatever doubt lingered. Thanks.

--------------------
When you swim with the sharks, you may avoid being devoured; but sooner or later, you're going to drown.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3839722 - 02/27/05 02:07 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I can't see much of your picture, but what I can see makes me think you may be using. I suggest you stop for your own sake (ignore me if I am wrong). Meth will mess you up. Get clean however you can. I have lived with a meth addict. Get help before it is too late. Seriously. Screw the law, but just worry about yourself. Staying clean doesn't just dodge jail time it can save your life.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlineclandestinevixen
Stranger

Re: How does drug bust become a civil deal [Re: z@z.com]
    #3839775 - 02/27/05 02:29 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

z@z.com said:
I can't see much of your picture, but what I can see makes me think you may be using.

Yes and no. I've always been thin; but you're right about the harmful effects of meth, both physically and your environment. But, the bills keep coming...

Excuses, excuses...

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#3839781 - 02/27/05 02:32 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

damn

ehh good luck. I'd be a bit creeped out if my car disappeared and my significant other was trying to pin me down, but to his own, no?

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3839853 - 02/27/05 03:00 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

clandestinevixen said:
Yes and no. I've always been thin; but you're right about the harmful effects of meth, both physically and your environment. But, the bills keep coming...

Sorry. I don't mean to accuse (I know you didn't say I did but still...). I lived with a meth addict for a while (he wasn't using when I moved in with him). I have just seen how harmful it can be and it makes me very sad to see people who use. So please don't take what I said as any sort of insult.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlineclandestinevixen
Stranger

Re: How does drug bust become a civil deal [Re: z@z.com]
    #3839875 - 02/27/05 03:07 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

z@z.com said:
Sorry. I don't mean to accuse (I know you didn't say I did but still...). I lived with a meth addict for a while (he wasn't using when I moved in with him). I have just seen how harmful it can be and it makes me very sad to see people who use. So please don't take what I said as any sort of insult.

Not at all. Funny, I way just reading the thread about how easily offended people today are. I respect frankness immensely.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion