Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinegarbage

another one bites the dust...busted.
    #2141193 - 11/27/03 11:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

happy thanksgiving btw. well, the cop didnt seem to think so. i got pulled over at 2:10am for supposedly swirving over into the other lane. the cop had me get out of my car, and he found my bowl in my pocket. he then handcuffed me, and put me in the back of the cop car. he searched my car and found some weed, maybe a gram or so. i didnt claim the pot, but my friend did. he gets handcuffed and placed into a different car. off we go to the police station. sent to jail (really a holding cell). friends bailed me out at $100.00. i got charged with poss of marijuana and poss of paraphernalia and a warning for OWPD (i believe its for driving under the influence). my friend got charged with poss of marijuana. i got charged with poss of marijuana for my fucking bowl, he counted the bowl like it was actual pot cause if it was tested itd test positive for mj. i have a previous mip on my record, which would of been expunged from my record in january (took the first offenders program). they also impounded my car. my court date is december 9. im pretty sure i am completely fucked, but id like some opinions. how much is the impound fee going to be? is it a cash only payment? also, my friend and i do not recall me swirving in the other lane nor driving bad at all, and i never speed (im paranoid). and they never buckled me in when driving to the police station. will any of that have any say in court? please share your thoughts. thanks. fuck the police.

--------------------
  Vaporbrothers :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: another one bites the dust...busted. [Re: garbage]
    #2141235 - 11/27/03 11:59 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Park Avenue Playground - The Trip

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2141569 - 11/28/03 03:38 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I wish I had something good to tell you.
It's not the end of the world, certainly nothing you can't get past, but living in the US... you're likely going to get treated badly.

Try to make yourself look like a good student, or productive citizen in court, that's your best best.

Good luck.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2141639 - 11/28/03 06:00 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Talk to a lawyer.

--------------------

Offlinegarbage

Re: another one bites the dust...busted. [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2141923 - 11/28/03 12:24 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

just called the impound people and im too late to get my car. i now have to wait until monday. im so completely straight fucked. my friend had an idea to change my court date and maybe itll get pushed back passed january. would that work so my mip wouldnt show up? also, should i get a lawyer, would that even help? im pretty much screwed, and dont see how a lawyer could help.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #2142290 - 11/28/03 03:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

yes, a lawyer would definatley help....

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#2142295 - 11/28/03 03:59 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, here's what gets people busted:

1) driving around with stuff on them

Ok so at some point you have to drive and carry I guess. First, don't be under the influence or consuming when you drive. Second, if you're pulled over the cops can pat you down for weapons but that is all they can do unless they have probable cause. Sometimes its safer to have stuff on your person rather than stuffed in a bag or whatnot, but when you're driving its best to stash stuff in your car somewhere. Especially if its hard and a pat-down could interpret it to be a weapon.

2) talking too much (this doesn't apply in your case)

If people are smart about 1) and 2) there wouldn't be nearly so many busts.

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #2142837 - 11/28/03 08:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Get a lawyer.Next time no paraphernalia,you can eat a joint but it's hard to get a pipe or a set of scales down.

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

Offline_jamie_
who needs atitle?

Loc: Here. wait...no, there.
Re: another one bites the dust...busted. [Re: shroomophile]
    #2143221 - 11/28/03 11:30 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

A lawyer could cost you anywhere from $400-$1000, but he'll get you off the hook. He probably won't be able to save your car, that'll cost a couple hundred bucks. Trust me get a lawyer, they know how to deal with this shit.

Offlinegarbage

Re: another one bites the dust...busted. [Re: _jamie_]
    #2144218 - 11/29/03 01:33 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

wont a lawyer be a waste of money? i just cant see someone getting me off the hook when im being charged for hard stuff, not some measily traffic fine. the lawyer will tell me to plead guilty anyways.

--------------------

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #2145373 - 11/29/03 10:14 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You probably don't need a lawyer for simple posession (assuming you don't have priors and you don't live in Alabama).

Of course having a good lawyer would be the best course of action,but I don't know about you,but I don't have that kind of money to blow. You should at least try to get some kind of legal consultation or something though.

You'll most likely get a fine maybe,some community service,a rehab possibly,and random drug tests for six months to a year.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Edited by monoamine (11/29/03 10:15 PM)

Offlinehotkok
Stranger
Loc: ATL
Re: another one bites the dust...busted. [Re: monoamine]
    #2150870 - 12/02/03 12:18 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Heres' the low-down dawg. Get a lawyer. I just went through pretty much the same thing.
I was speeding 30 over through a construction zone, dui, and a weed charge.
They found my empty glass piece with resin and called it mis. weed possesion.
I got a $100 court appointed lawyer and he did some pretty damn good work.
He combined the speeding with the dui so there goes the speeding charge. then he got a lab test done on the resin in my piece. the results came back and there wasn't enough resin to call it pot or some shit so there goes my weed charge. So I was left with a minor dui. little shit. and at first the judge told me my fine was 1200 and the lawyer got it dropped to 420. i have to do 40 hours of community service and take a dui school and risk reduction class. and probation till i'm done. probably 6 months.
so yeah man. get a lawyer. even if it's a cheap one. they help alot.
good luck

--------------------
"If we trust and follow our _feelings_ or _pictures_ or _knowing_ or _intuition_, everything will flow smoothly."

Offlinegarbage

Re: another one bites the dust...busted. [Re: hotkok]
    #2152646 - 12/02/03 07:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

where can i get a lawyer for $100?

--------------------

OfflineAuroricDistortions
~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Polar Springs
    #2153935 - 12/03/03 03:13 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

garbage said:
my friend had an idea to change my court date and maybe itll get pushed back passed january.  would that work so my mip wouldnt show up?

I am pretty sure the mip would still matter because it would be less than one year when the infraction took place.  They'd base it on when you got busted, not when the case is decided.  But definately consult a lawyer and look into a public defender.  If you can't afford one, the court will give you a lawyer for a small fee (~$50 I think).
anyways good luck with your case  :tongue: 

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: another one bites the dust...busted. [Re: AuroricDistortions]
    #2154317 - 12/03/03 09:33 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

"where can i get a lawyer for $100? "

i normally go to the court house and wait around, normally you can find one for cheap, i once met a lawyer in the court house and offered him $45 to defend me on a traffic matter, he did it and i got off.

in this american legal system if you want to get off get a lawyer, theyll be able to get you a deal that many times you could not.

or if you really want to get off
try finding one that was a former prosecutor in your area, this works great for me

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinegarbage

Re: another one bites the dust...busted. [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2154884 - 12/03/03 01:39 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

so just show up at the court house a little early and ask where i can get a lawyer?

--------------------

Anonymous

#2155136 - 12/03/03 02:33 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

if you can afford one, you need to find a criminal defense lawyer, preferably one with alot of experience with drug cases and one that has worked in your area for some time. just picking one at random down at the courthouse is a bad idea.

december 9th? that's probably a preliminary hearing, no? if you haven't yet had time to get a lawyer, they have to postpone the hearing. get a lawyer, but i wouldn't count on getting out of this one. why did he search you in the first place?

Offlinegarbage

Re: another one bites the dust...busted. [Re: ]
    #2155396 - 12/03/03 03:43 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i called the court office and the lady said i will be arraigned at that time and then i will talk to the prosecutor about my case. she said it was my pre-trial. there is no away i can afford a criminal defense lawyer. "If you plan on hiring an attorney, you must notify him/her that you are scheduled for arraignment on the above listed date for the cited offense, and that the prosecutor assigned to this case will also be present for the pre-trial and any acceptance of please." but since i cant afford a lawyer, what should i do? the cop searched me because he smelled marijuana on my breath and clothes.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2156568 - 12/03/03 10:13 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

personally... if you were driving stoned i think you deserve what's coming to you...

if you cannot afford a lawyer, the state must appoint one for you.

Offlinegarbage

Re: another one bites the dust...busted. [Re: ]
    #2156893 - 12/04/03 12:07 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

since this is my pre-trial date, im basically just showing up to receive my setencing date? or what else can i expect on tuesday?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Scales

General Interest >> Political Discussion