Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Paintball

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Has anyone ever used one of those "get paid to surf" services?
    #3818655 - 02/22/05 08:58 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I'm clowning around with this service that just basically takes control of my browser and feeds it ads, and supposedly I get $0.45 an hour, which is crap. But I'm not doing anything. Leave it on during class, leave it on all night. It's non-interactive. But they are making it so hard! Their servers crash all the fucking time and you have to get at least $25.00 or they won't pay you.

So I'm thinking I'll try to take their money from them for a little bit longer and then I'm out.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Has anyone ever used one of those "get paid to surf" services? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3818866 - 02/22/05 09:37 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

That shit is lame nowadays, I used to know someone that had 5 computers doing it at once and that was the only way to make money.

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Has anyone ever used one of those "get paid to surf" services? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3818893 - 02/22/05 09:40 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I used to run an account generator which would sign up referals under myself, then I would run about 100 accounts at a time using an emulator which sent "ad viewed" messages to the all advantage servers for all the accounts.. so, 50 cents/hr + 5 cents/hr for each of my referals.

So leaving the emulator running would generate about 5$ an hour.. Made a few hundred with it when I was a kid, but I can't imagine bothering to do it nowadays.. o_O

InvisibleGlassOnion
Stranger
Loc: Antartica
Re: Has anyone ever used one of those "get paid to surf" services? [Re: Jared]
    #3819017 - 02/22/05 10:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Back in the late 90's you could make a pretty good amount of money doing that stuff..

I made a lot of money running a program which emulated users clicking a banner... You could literally make a few hundred in a day if you did it correctly.

All the companies subsequently went bankrupt of course so I haven't messed with it for a while.

As for the legitimacy of the companies.. yes I got paid by pretty much every one which I used.

Edited by GlassOnion (02/22/05 10:11 PM)

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: Has anyone ever used one of those "get paid to surf" services? [Re: freddurgan]
    #3819073 - 02/22/05 10:25 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Does anyone remember AllAdvantage.com and theier banners.

How that worked was u get 50 cents or somthing for every hour its running on yer machine not idle. If you signs somone up you get 10 cents an hour for all the time they are on. If someone u sign up signs somone up u get 5 cents an hour.

I spammed this for weeks on end right when it first came out. I managed to have 80 some direct referals and 1000 indirects. I got 200-800 checks for about 6 months till it went dead.

I ended up paying out the ass taxes on it(40% or somthing) but it was awesome. Bought me so much herb and a paintball gun.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Has anyone ever used one of those "get paid to surf" services? [Re: baraka]
    #3819107 - 02/22/05 10:32 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Rofl...you guys are fucking genius. Tell me more about this? What kind of emulator? And how are you making these extra accounts? They need to pay me, so I need to give them my name? And if I make another account with my name, won't I get fucked?

How did you guys rock the shit out of the system so bad?

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3819198 - 02/22/05 10:46 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

All i did was spam irc channels with onjoins and messages to people. Id uses bots to change up ips after i get banned or klined. This was probably 4-5 years ago.

Would hit up the channels with tons of people in em. Dont expect to make money off these anymore. Only reason i did was because i got in right when it started. I think i signed up within the first week it opened and they didnt start pa ying out checks till months down the road but i eventually got paid out cash money for it after tons of people tell me i wouldnt see a dime.

I was in the top 0.05% of group of people with most amount of referals.

--------------------

Invisiblericochet
    #3819231 - 02/22/05 10:52 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, I used to use AllAdvantage (best p2s program that was around) and several others (who mostly didn't pay) whose names I can't remember now back in the late 90's. I signed up a few people to get the referral money but mostly used emulators while I wasn't at the computer (until they cracked down on emulators). I had little else to do and made a few decent checks but got bored of it and also stopped using when the online advertising prices dropped drastically.

I wouldn't really bother with one now since pay-per-click banners, pay-to-surf (are there even any legit ones now?), etc. are worthless basically. those services peaked and are pretty irrelevant now. don't bet on using an emulator now because chances are if they're a legitimate company they'll be able to track it and will delete your account. it's worth a shot. good luck, though.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Has anyone ever used one of those "get paid to surf" services? [Re: ricochet]
    #3819290 - 02/22/05 11:00 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I doubt any of these can make money from anymore. I also got really really lucky i never got turned in for spamming. ALl it took was someone to accuse you then they terminate your account but everyone else is still there(so u refered all these people and get nothing).

I had a thing to actually move my mouse physically every few minutes when they cracked down on the hacks for AA.

--------------------

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #3820621 - 02/23/05 02:38 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

get a job.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #3820626 - 02/23/05 02:39 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

sounds like... :diespam: to me :lol:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Paintball

Community >> The Pub