Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Service; S-E-R-V-I-C-E, Service.
    #5972256 - 08/17/06 08:00 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

A petty annoyance perhaps, but I think a familiar one.

I walked into the nearby electronics store. After getting the attention of the zoned-out shopgirl I soon found out she was the type who could screw in a lightbulb the wrong way, and my perfectly reasonable questions were met with a mix of indifference, blank stares and being annoyed by the whole interaction-with-customers thing. Doing this she chewed gum with her mouth open.

Needless to say I bought my CDs elsewhere.

Holland is rather infamous for bad service, but I think this is familiar to most here. I know some customers suck but some employees are just as bad, and they're selling instead of buying.

Bad, shitty service - whats your opinion?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (08/17/06 08:00 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Service; S-E-R-V-I-C-E, Service. [Re: Asante]
    #5972284 - 08/17/06 08:22 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

someday i would like to open a coffee shop where the employees serve you whenever they feel like it, if at all. it seems very pratical in my head.

edit: i'm tired of everything here in the US being based around mechanical as close to instantaneous as possible exchanges. i'd pay the extra dollar for it not to be convienant as long as the person who was serving me looked happy and didn't have a total shit fit because i asked them a stupid question i honestly didn't know the answer to.

i used to work at a pizza store where they would just tell poeple to leave all the time (mostly college kids that would complain). it was pretty awesome.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Edited by truekimbo2 (08/17/06 08:25 AM)

OfflineMeat_hod
sick shit
Male

#5972286 - 08/17/06 08:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I like to say i don't care, becuase whatever..i don't care about shit like that. But then again..FUCK YOU BITCH.

This one time i felt like punching out this guy at futureshop...conversation went as follows:

guy - uhh, can i uhh..help you..yo.

me - Im just looking for a photoprinter (i knew exactl what i wanted and did not want help, so i didnt pay attention to him, i could already tell he was a douche)

guy - uhh..we have..these..printers here..(starts reading the little card to tell me it's features).

me - (after glancing over at what the fuck he is doing) naw, im looking for something good, i know what i want.

guy - uhh. well this one prints photos.

me - I'm thinking about this one maybe (best one they had, still not nearly as good as i wanted).

guy - well, that one is $600, thats uhh..expensive..look at this one over here, you can print cd's with it too (fumbles around with printer, trying to figure out how to open it so he can show me the special cd compartment, woooo)

me - (not believing what i am hearing) uhh..yeah. no thats not good enough.

guy - (cell phone rings, and he picks it up!) Yo. whats up man..yeah yo......(keeps tlaking about a party i think)

i left at this point.

I honestly wanted to take that stupid fucking 99 cent cd cover printer with optional shitty printing quality and stick it into his asshole so far that it busts through his inner linings and enters his ball sack, then i want to plug it in and insert a cd into the printer via his urethra, then when its done. i want to break his spine and tie his own mouth onto his penis with barbed wire.

uhg.

--------------------

Offlinesparks8
general freak
 User Gallery
Loc: Teegeeack
Re: Service; S-E-R-V-I-C-E, Service. [Re: Meat_hod]
    #5972292 - 08/17/06 08:29 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i anticipate the idiots and lack of service so i usually do the research myself and know what i want before i walk in the door.

--------------------
buy the ticket, take the ride

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #5973910 - 08/17/06 06:43 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I don't take it personally, because most jobs i work, I am that guy.
The dumb one, who's job you could do better. As long as people pay me to do the sub-par work, you are stuck with me.

--------------------

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
    #5973949 - 08/17/06 06:54 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I know what you mean. I work with a few of them.

It's one thing if you're new and don't know too much about the product but when you're doing something totally unrelated (talking on the phone, talking w/ coworkers) it pisses me off. I mean you're at work ... it's not like you're doing anything else for the 8 or so hours you're there, help somebody out it will make the time go faster.

--------------------

Offlineboatlaunch
Sex Educator
Female

Loc: Never You Effin Mind
    #5973973 - 08/17/06 07:03 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Check this out... I got so pissed off at Tim Hortons that I actually wrote a letter....
It's long.... but worth the read....

Hello Tims,

I regret to write such a dissapointing letter to a company who's products I really enjoy.

I have been a chronic Tim Hortons customer for years. I drink between 2 and 6 Extra Large Double Doubles each day. I have a toasted bagel (plain or blueberry) at least 4 or 5 times a week. I work hard everyday, like every one does, and I actually work my Tim's spending into my budget. Lately, however, I have been very bothered by the service I've been given by the majority of Tim Hortons staff. I have frequented each and every Tim's location in Calgary at least once, (two in particular - daily) and it seems lately, that no matter which one I go to... I'm just not satisfied.

I myself am in the customer service industry. In fact, every job I've held since I started working at age 14, has been in some form of customer service. I guess this is the reason I can pick apart the service I receive.. .I know what is to be expected.

First and foremost, your lids. They're horrible. I'm surprised you guys haven't had tons of lawsuits from people suing over spilt coffee, or sending you their drycleaning bills for leaky cups. For a company who brings in the profits that you do, it's amazing to me that you won't put a better quality lid on your most profitable product. You actually send kids to camps every year on monies made from coffee sales, but the lids you use barely contain the always piping hot coffee.

Second. Your bagel toasting machines. There is absolutely no consistency from store to store. Some places you have to request it to be double toasted, or it tastes like it's been microwave - warmed, and had a drop of butter lazily slapped on it, and there's usually not enough butter to cover the whole bagel. In my opinion, it's a sad portrayal of the staffs feeling about their employment. Remember the old saying, "take pride in your work, no matter what it is?" I'm sorry, but sometimes it just comes across that way. So now, I've started to request butter on the side, and I butter my bagel myself.

Finally, and regretably, your staff. I am all about equal opportunity employment. I have not one prejudist or racist vein in my body. However, I have to say, that it is extremely frustrating when you're talking through a speaker to a person you can barely understand. Usually you can be pretty sure, they didn't understand you either. It's a waiting game untill you get to the window to see if your order was perceived correctly. Most times... it wasn't.

Then, to top it all off, the people working the windows, (regardless of their heritage) are not friendly or accomodating to you at all. No smile, no "have a nice day", not even a "thank you, now kiss my ..." which, lately, I'd be happy with! Most of the time, the staff is holding conversation with each other, and you can't get a word in edgewise to even ask for a napkin to clean up your leaking coffee! What happened to that close staff/customer relationship that me, my parents, my aunts and uncles, and my grandparents used to encounter? I'm telling you, it no longer exists in todays Tim Hortons.

I truly believe that the quality of service at Tim Hortons restaurants is rapidly decreasing. And, I think it’s a shame. I really would hate to see such an unselfish company start to lose the race because the staff, pardon me, just doesn't care.

Again, I can understand that recieving a letter of this nature can be disheartening and for that, I apologize. I hate being the bearer of bad news, but I felt it was something that had to be brought the table.

Thank you for your time, and for reading this email in its entirety. I know each minute in a day counts. That being said,

Have a nice day,

Boatlaunch

--------------------
-----------------------------------
My Favorite Line:  "I mean, I've had a hand up inside me a time or two, but I'm not a puppet."  

SAVE A DRUM - BANG A DRUMMER!

OfflineEraserhead
Lost Soul
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Service; S-E-R-V-I-C-E, Service. [Re: boatlaunch]
    #5974046 - 08/17/06 07:28 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Damn, I usually walk the customers to whatever they ask for, but they don't usually ask how to use the products, it's just a grocery store.

If it's not on the shelf, and there's a chance we may have it in the back room, I even usually go look.  If they strike up a conversation with me, I stand and chat with them.  Isn't that what customer service is supposed to do?  Fuck running my stock if I'm supposed to stand and chat with the customers all day!!!

Besides, as far as I'm concerned, until they catch my pay up from the inflation over the past 3 years of products at the store being downsized, and the price going up (about 30% loss over the past 3 years on lots of commonly used items) I don't give a fuck what the hell they tell me to do, in excess of the work I was doing said 3 years ago.  It's not happening.  I expect my back-pay too :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom