Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Anybody notice political correctness in....
    #3813620 - 02/21/05 08:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

....every form of media? By this I mean whenever there is any type of filming or representation of people, there is always at least one minority person included in it. Anything from commercials to dolls to cartoons have this. It's hilarious to see because they include one black person or character, one hispanic character, and maybe one chinese character, and at the same time they include MANY white people and characters. It's like the minority people or characters are just token representations that are there to meet a quota.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Anybody notice political correctness in.... [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3813736 - 02/21/05 09:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yes i notice it. my high school was realyl bad for it. it was one of teh reasons i decided to drop out. im all for being fair and realyl wish it happened but peopel seem to be prejudice or paranoid of being called so.

personally i couldnt care less about blacks, indians, natives, chinese or purple retards, if your an ass hole i still dont like you. people are very strange.

"I dont discriminate, i hate everyone."

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: Anybody notice political correctness in.... [Re: kadakuda]
    #3813875 - 02/21/05 09:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i've noticed that for quite some time.

I'm all for being fair and all the jazz, but it can get out of hand. Disney movies are TOTALLY different to from what they used to be like, regarding the characters and their personalities or whatever.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: Anybody notice political correctness in.... [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #3813971 - 02/21/05 09:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I also like when christmas comes around. My little sisters in elementary school were doing their little singing programs and what not. There was either 1 or 2 songs that were directly about christmas where they actually said the word christmas, then the rest where multiple songs of all these other holidays and stuff. I'm not saying forget about the other holidays, but for christmas being the really big one, they don't really do much towards it these days. Like it's sketch to bring up christmas and shit in school but they can go singing tons of songs on kwanza and shit. Kwanza is the most bullshit holiday I know of to be honest.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3814077 - 02/21/05 09:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

ya well, they are super high and mighty right wing christians around these parts in schools.  add ego trip teachers and paranoid soccer moms and we got a public school :grin:  id personalyl liek to see more diversity in teh schools here, but nott eh way tehy go about it.  i may sound liek an ass but they treat the races and females far "better" in schools in my experience.  its very much "you cant touch girls but you can hit guys" when i was there. i may sound like a bigot, im not.  thats jsut how it went down :frown:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3814088 - 02/21/05 09:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think many shows include characters of different ethnic backgrounds to reach a wider audience. They also reflect the diversity of this country. Believe it or not, there are alot of people who are not WASPs and they watch tv and buy stuff.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Anybody notice political correctness in.... [Re: kadakuda]
    #3814100 - 02/21/05 09:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

but they treat the races and females far "better" in schools

Girls get more ass-kissing and encouragement in modern day society than guys do.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3814115 - 02/21/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

christmas isnt the only holiday celebrated in early winter. why should people be left out? surely, the school you speak of has jews and muslims.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Anybody notice political correctness in.... [Re: Vvellum]
    #3814116 - 02/21/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think many shows include characters of different ethnic backgrounds to reach a wider audience. They also reflect the diversity of this country. Believe it or not, there are alot of people who are not WASPs and they watch tv and buy stuff.

There is nothing wrong with showing or depicting other races in entertainment. But, they do it so conspicuously. The always throw in one minority amongst about five or six white people or characters. It just looks so weird in my opinion.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#3814134 - 02/21/05 10:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

There is nothing wrong with showing or depicting other races in entertainment. But, they do it so conspicuously. The always throw in one minority amongst about five or six white people or characters. It just looks so weird in my opinion.

your notion of something being conspicuous politcal correctness is entirely subjective. I simply see such matters as an intentional and real reflection of the actual US population. Marketing 101.

Offlinephi1618
old hand

#3814445 - 02/21/05 10:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

OTD is my media.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom