Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Winter Backpacking
    #3793005 -

Have many people here done much winter backpacking in the snow?

I would have to say that I enjoy this type of experience more than any other time of year. The terrain around here is very mountainous (Rocky Mountains) and at any given point in the winter there will be at least 3 feet of snow, which makes for great shroomin times...(providing you're not an idiot and ensure that you are appropriately dressed...basically just keep your feet warm and dry)

Another trick that I've picked up for winter hikes is to put a small amount of Cayenne pepper in your socks to keep your feet warm...sounds fucked...but it works.


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (02/17/05 11:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Winter Backpacking [Re: Rono]
    #3793098 -

I have done somewhere around 25 of the 46 high peaks of the adirondacks during the winter. Its a different experience in the winter, and doing long steep ascents with a heavy pack and snow shoes on sucks. BUT on the plus side, skiing(more like leaning back and balance slidding) down a mountain on snow shoes is fun.


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Winter Backpacking [Re: Rono]
    #3795336 -

Going snowshoe-backpacking with oDin and Annie next month. :thumbup:
And yes, winter camping is awesome!


--------------------
*the one-n-only puppet account I will ever have

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Winter Backpacking [Re: TTS]
    #3798298 -

TTS said:
Going snowshoe-backpacking with oDin and Annie next month. :thumbup:
And yes, winter camping is awesome!



Dude...I am so jealous!

...don't forget about the cayenne pepper trick, but don't use too much. 

I'll be coming to Vegas again in April...hopefully you'll be around.  :thumbup:


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Winter Backpacking [Re: Rono]
    #3799633 -

Rono said:
I'll be coming to Vegas again in April...hopefully you'll be around.  :thumbup:



I'll be at the gathering in AZ one weekend, other than that I'll be here.  Keep me updated.


--------------------
*the one-n-only puppet account I will ever have

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* snowshoeing... spores 755 7 01/24/09 04:55 PM
by fazdazzle
* Which snowshoes? PDU 1,101 5 10/25/09 05:15 PM
by PDU
* Artist Point Snowshoe (pics) spores 520 2 12/15/09 05:34 PM
by SlashOZ
* help with school snowshoeing survey snowshoe88 361 0 03/16/15 12:11 PM
by snowshoe88
* Paradise snowshoe (Mt. Rainier NP) spores 593 4 03/04/10 02:59 PM
by ToTheSummit
* Basics of Backpacking JettaJay 1,469 3 02/15/05 02:51 PM
by beejay
* backpacking nutrition and weight beejay 1,726 8 01/11/18 12:02 PM
by feevers
* Anybody do snow shoeing? circularvortex 745 7 12/06/08 02:11 AM
by Skunk420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Shroomism, feevers
1,285 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.