Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Mass Premonition
    #3787969 - 02/16/05 04:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Is anyone else getting the nagging feeling that something quite epic is going to happen to this world as a whole very soon? Im not saying the end of the world.... just something that is about to burst... there is a political and spiritual anxiety/fervor in the air, and it seems to be growing....

Maybe i am just reading too much into my premonition, but i have talked to a few other insane people who, unprompted either asked me about this, or somehow got onto the topic of this and agreed with me. Anyone else been getting these nagging feelings in the last few months?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
Re: Mass Premonition [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3788009 - 02/16/05 04:54 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yes

longer then a few months too...
its been slowly building and in june i had a nervous breakdown because of it...

also notice nature around you... i dont know how it is out there
but out here its all outta wack... wether makes no sense (but then it neve did) flowers are blooming out of season and many lambs have already been born...

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Mass Premonition [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3788042 - 02/16/05 05:08 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Aquarius > Piscis

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mass Premonition [Re: faslimy]
    #3788094 - 02/16/05 05:31 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yup.. theres that... then theres the ending of the maya calender...
the hopi prophecies... the fact that none of the clearvoiants
from nostradamus to gyce couldent see past 2012...

then theres CNN saying the earths magnetism is changing...

--------------------
My homepage

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Mass Premonition [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3788125 - 02/16/05 06:02 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You'd probably find that most 'prophecies' are just people who know what the plan is. I'm sure the Criminal News Network will keep everyone accuratly informed (yeah, sure) Population reduction is planned, there will be great loss of human life in the next 7 years as 'we' move towards a tightly monitored society with central banks.. central everything. It doesn't matter who gets voted in, republican or democrat it will be a person who is on the side of continuing this plan for the real people who control the world

The same shit has been going on for thousands of years, and before the great floods even further back

To quote somebody special.. i feel like the cow in the pen telling all the other cows "hey guys you know that truck that comes and takes some of us away... they actually slaughter them" and the other cows are like.. no thats ridiculous.. "i own shares in that truck company i have invested interests in that, shut him up"

Edited by faslimy (02/16/05 06:03 AM)

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3788143 - 02/16/05 06:19 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i know what ure saying...
but i think we can agree that there is more then one level of deception. how can we be sure this is not simply another?
how do we know that any of their supposed power is not illusion?
are we not here because they have convined us of power they never had?

if the few attain great power by controlling the meny,
then wiping them out would diminish their base of power...

CNN:
wile looking at the news in july, it was about bullshit,
i noticed a message racing across the ticker tape saying something to the effect of: the unseasonal warmth is due to changes in the earths magnatism...
it was on screeen for about 3 seconds...

wierd huh...

--------------------
My homepage

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3788217 - 02/16/05 07:27 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've spent my last week in Paris, talking with friends, going to debates open to the public, talking to random people in the streets, making friends with a random guy, and during that whole week the feeling that you are talking about has gotten quite big.

The best way i can picture this feeling is by imagining a merging of millions of different roads into one.

It kinda feels like what the caterpillar would feel before becoming a buterfly. Something strange is appearing at the horizon, we can't exactly tell what that is yet.

It feels like we are approching an important turning point, or "breakpoint", in the development of our civilisation.

I'm very tempted to say that this feeling is being felt all over the world.

--------------------

Invisiblecubed
Stranger

Re: Mass Premonition [Re: exclusive58]
    #3788275 - 02/16/05 08:27 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Amazing isn't it that actually a process of decentralisation and strengthening local economies as much as poible will actually bring the most stability to people.

This however will also decentralise power.

Of course fully functioning and unrestricted global trade is a necessity for the varied and abundant world we all hope for. Basic self reliance and freedom from reliance on sprawling corporations where possible will strengthen communities and the human survival potential considerably. ie: if something goes wrong, it is only that part of the network that goes down, so to speak, rather than the whole infrastructure.

As I said, of course an over arching unity and trade structure is also a prerequisite for any kind of human (inter)planetary success. This needs to not stiffle or repress local economies/communities in the way it does now. The days of enforced monocultures in farming and business that trap whole areas of the globe into reliance on the corporation that owns them needs to go.

--------------------
booohooohoooohoooo

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3788323 - 02/16/05 08:58 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

To quote somebody special.. i feel like the cow in the pen telling all the other cows "hey guys you know that truck that comes and takes some of us away... they actually slaughter them" and the other cows are like.. no thats ridiculous.. "i own shares in that truck company i have invested interests in that, shut him up"

Or maybe you're chicken little. But it hardly satisfies the ego to consider that all we believe might be false, so as you were.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisiblecubed
Stranger

Re: Mass Premonition [Re: Phluck]
    #3788356 - 02/16/05 09:16 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

manor farm changes not despite the form of the system that runs it.

--------------------
booohooohoooohoooo

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: Mass Premonition [Re: cubed]
    #3788663 - 02/16/05 11:49 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm 23. when my mom was my age, she says there was this feeling among her and her friends that "oh man, aaany day now it's all gonna come crashing down." she had friends who were stocking up food and supplies in bomb shelters, other people she knew had alternate houses way out in the woods with emergency gear, and the like.

just before the year 1000, lots of people thought it was the end of the world, Jesus was gonna come back, judgement day, etc. and who knows, maybe Jesus did come back, and now life is a weird dream for the fallen.

the feeling that a big change is just around the corner is not new.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Mass Premonition [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3788701 - 02/16/05 12:01 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

That's a point i wanted to bring up but forgot about, thanx.

Maybe though what influenced your mom to think like that was the fear of a nuclear winter, which was an obvious possibility back then, but today, there is no such thing to worry about...okay, maybe not actually, we've all got the end of oil and environmental dangers in our mind, true dat...

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3788719 - 02/16/05 12:08 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

right, there was the cold war. but once that was over, now we got environmental disaster, plus we got the whole Mayan calendar crap... there's always something to pin our hopes on

but you know, in the early 70s they thought there was only like 2 more years of gasoline, and there was a big, though short-lived, hue and cry about that... then technology caught up. in the biggest oil field in Alberta, I can't remember the actual numbers but they talk about how they have X amount of oil sands but only Y amount recoverable with current recovery techniques. eventually it costs more oil and gas to run the machines that dig out more oil and gas, until technology improves.

the fact remains that there is only so much left

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Mass Premonition [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3788793 - 02/16/05 12:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

yes, and i think that politicians have the same feeling as well, and maybe for them its not even a feeling anymore its an actual fact.

And this knowledge from their part translates into the massive liberal capitalist turn our society is making today, because it is by this mean that people with much power in their hands can get the most money in their pockets. They are preparing for the crisis, cuz they probably think that the more money you have, the more chances of surviving you have.

sorry, i have no links to back up my claims...hehe

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3788878 - 02/16/05 01:05 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

funny though, how if the economy were to break down, money would just have no value. except for, like, prekindling in fires. then is it a good idea to hoard small bills?

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3789155 - 02/16/05 02:16 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Someone a bit back posted on this new tagging idea to inject us with a chip that is scanable to replace the use of credit cards and social security cards to prevent identity theft which is costing the world banks billions.

That doesn't solve the problem. Its an enormously expensive temporary band aid.

I was thinking, instead of spending massive billions to revamp the system and stick chips in us, why not spend the money to understand why people need to steal the identities of others for jobs and goods and REVAMP the actual problem.

The only problem I see is that technological advancement is racing ahead of spiritual advancement and the gross imbalance of it. They are tied together.

If we collective don't stop running ahead of ourselves with one foot leaving the other dragging behind we will trip and fall.......... HARD.

People trip and fall everyday. They get back up, regain their balance and are off and running more smoothly again. The planet will do the same. There is good life to look forward too well beyond 2012.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
Re: Mass Premonition [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3790185 - 02/16/05 06:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, it seems that everyone is steering towards political and economic chaos. That isnt what I was talking about, even though inevitably politics and economics would be a major part in this. Im talking about some mass cognition or awakening with this world wide epic event being this catalyst. I also agree that there has always been, and will always be armagheddon/apocalypse mongers, but Im not saying the world will end, just something either amazingly catastrophic, or enormously inspiring, either way it will have the same end phenomenon. Something that will affect every single human being.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#3790540 - 02/16/05 07:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

psilo I've felt this for many years now. At first I thought I was crazy because I would always ask people if they felt it and no one did. And now recently, in the past year especially, more people keep saying this. So either I'm not crazy or there's lots more crazy people around.

I don't exactly know what "it" is, but the best way to descibe what it feels like is what exclusive said about millions of road merging into one. It feels like all these different aspects of life -- politics, economics, morality, culture, science, art, technology -- are converging upon some sort of asymptotic line. Except, maybe the line isn't asymptotic and it's actually a quantam leap into something new.

There's this tension in the air too, in the mass consciousness. It's so thick and pungent you can almost see it.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3790606 - 02/16/05 07:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

A feeling that "something" will happen "some time" in the future hardly qualifies as a premonition.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
Re: Mass Premonition [Re: Swami]
    #3790735 - 02/16/05 08:06 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well, i dont claim to be a seer. So this event has to be classified as "something" and the point in time has to be described as "sometime". I know it sounds pseudo-intellectual and puddle deep, but i was trying to describe the feeling that moog hit upon, This growing tension and apprehension by everyone. I dont even care what it is , or when it is happening because I have nothing to guage how much room this "premonition" has to grow before it bursts. I just feel it, like a heavyness enveloping me and nagging at me in theb ack of my mind, however much I try to reason it away it still prevails.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology