Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Cats, Impossible to find?
    #3756537 -

I've been trying to find a kitten for over a month now, no one has any to give away or even sell.. and I've been actively checking all bulletin boards I know of once a week.. its been insane.. Out of the 4 petstores I've been regularly visiting, only One has had any kittens.. and they only had one, which was more or less a cat :P

So, today, I finally find a pet store with kittens, and go to buy one.. the girl informs me they're 169$ + tax.. because they're fixed, vacinated, and declawed.. Last I heard those things cost about a hundred dollars to have done, and I don't want a declawed cat, either.. as well, my aunt gets a special rate with the vet, so itd be even cheaper.. So what the fuck? Is it just me or is that a little insane.. The kittens are not pure bred by any means.. just regular little kittys.

I'm going to try again to find the spca, This is getting crazy.  :smirk:

Edited by Jared (02/09/05 02:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: Jared]
    #3756538 -

Build your own!


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: Phluck]
    #3756550 -

Don't think I haven't tried.. =\ I was getting along quite well, but i think the neighbours were starting to wonder where the peices I'm stealing from their cats are going... -_o

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: Jared]
    #3756577 -

adopt a cat from the humane society.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: Jared]
    #3756632 -

I've got a cat, and I do love her so. She comes with me on my 'trips'. Ah she's so warm and fluffy. Stinks though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3756656 -

bi0 said:
adopt a cat from the humane society.



:thumbup:


--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....



"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: kindkesey]
    #3756671 -

I got a cat you can HAVE.


Where do you live?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3756683 -

bi0 said:
adopt a cat from the humane society.



Jared said:
I'm going to try again to find the spca, This is getting crazy.



:smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: niteowl]
    #3756688 -

We got our cat from the Cat Action Trust (abbreviate it, and marvel at the wit). She had been abandoned and was found under a bush, and had been (forced to?) eat matchsticks, because they were found in her poo. To this day, she has never had a 'normal' crap. It's always runny.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: Jared]
    #3756707 -

you cant find your local human society? do you have a petsmart in your area? they often work with the humane society and adopt animals.

check this out: http://www.pets911.com/organizations/organizations.php

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: Thin White Duke]
    #3756757 -

Phumfeinz said:
We got our cat from the Cat Action Trust (abbreviate it, and marvel at the wit).



This is called a recursive acronym, like GNU (GNU Not Unix) or PHP (PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor); fairly common.

This has been your geek update, goodbye! :wave:


--------------------
delta9

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: delta9]
    #3756765 -

Thanks very much. Info like that is much appreciated :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: delta9]
    #3756776 -

I can't find a kitten either. I called both of the pet stores (in 45min radius) and the humane society, not to mention PetCo.


--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: MeatSpace]
    #3756788 -

everyone wants kittens
but they overlook all the nice, kind slightly older cats have no home and no future...I dont get it.

I guess people want a toy
not a loving friend.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3756805 -

Cats are often set in their ways, and I want to build a relationship with it from the start, similar to a child.

So, I guess it's not a friend to me, more like family.


--------------------
:crankey:
/    l    \__:thumbup: ... Hi, I'm Crankey, and I approve this message.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: MeatSpace]
    #3756828 -

check local papers, there are always listings of animal shelters/free kittens. More so in the warmer weather.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3756844 -

bi0 said:
adopt a cat from the humane society.



Good idea! There are plenty of cats there that need a home. Plus, mutt cats make the best pets.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: MeatSpace]
    #3756849 -

I've raised kittens before
and they develop their own personalities
(unless, of course, something extreme happens).

I've adopted older cats before
and they have their own personalities.

I dont see the difference.

the most affectionate and friendly cat I ever had
was a 3 year old stray that I adopted.
my friend has a cat that she's had since it was a kitten
and it is a psychocat.

kittens always get adopted, that's why you cant find any.
I like knowing I saved a cat's life.
good karma.

good luck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3757856 -

honestly, but sadly...

this is a quasi-rant:

wait until april or may, when all those little kittens that were purchased for christmas are found to be nothing but little heathens that need their insides clipped for a lot of money and there nails pulled out so they don't scratch the 4-year old brat who's puling on it's tail and grabbing clumps of fur with it's fat toddler hands.  then check the shelters and classifieds :smile:  they'll still be kittens when they're given up or abandoned in a paper bag at the side of the road.  i know that sounds rough, but some people have NO respect for animals!

ok done with quasi-rant now.

Good Luck and when you get that kitten POST SOME PICS!


--------------------
live free or die

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Cats, Impossible to find? [Re: Vvellum]
    #3758001 -

bi0 said:
you cant find your local human society? do you have a petsmart in your area? they often work with the humane society and adopt animals.

check this out: http://www.pets911.com/organizations/organizations.php



I've volunteered for the animal shelter at a petsmart store. Adopters still pay $100+ for vet visits, immunizations, de-worming, etc.


--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* i GOT THE PETSMART JOB!!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
MOTH 5,674 80 08/03/05 01:25 PM
by curiouskittin
* my cat is sick... need advice Moonshoe 940 10 09/19/05 03:12 PM
by LethalX5
* He gets to stay, but I go to another store. (animal abusing revisited at Petsmart)
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
MOTH 8,443 99 10/31/05 01:37 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* A cat may have just adopted me
( 1 2 all )
kilroy69 3,697 22 12/10/05 01:27 AM
by Madtowntripper
* Pics of the cat me and 3D are going to adopt :) Sammi 2,256 15 08/14/03 01:38 AM
by Sammi
* Post a Pic of your Cat(s)
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
JaRRn 9,119 101 02/09/11 09:47 AM
by beachedjesus
* My Cat Has Cancer
( 1 2 all )
boxtop703 4,398 20 01/17/03 04:56 AM
by Bavet
* Cleaning cat piss out of a mattress... any advice?
( 1 2 all )
dr0mni 2,271 21 07/04/17 07:25 PM
by Shroomism

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,837 topic views. 2 members, 29 guests and 83 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 16 queries.