Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
For those who like to dress sharp...
    #3594958 -

So, a few months back, I was visiting United Cutlery to see what they had in store, and I remembered seeing one of those metal cards with a folding blade inside that could fit in your wallet, etc., but they didn't have it anymore, and I asked why.
They said that the 'authorities' actually asked them to stop selling it, due to people constantly taking them in airports, causing metal detectors to go off.

Fast forward to just yesterday, I was driving through a nearby neighborhood where there was a small mom&pop type of military surplus store, and low&behold... I saw the metal card I coveted, albeit by a military-based company, "S.O.G.":


I bought that fucker right off the bat. It is now my favorite functional-carrying knife of all time. Elegant, sleek, professional and low-profile.

Get em while you can, people... They may not be selling them for much longer.

I bought the fully serrated type...



http://www.sogknives.com/


--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those who like to dress sharp... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3595282 -

Why?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those who like to dress sharp... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3595296 -

looks fun.

why carry a knife? youd be amazed how often they come in handy, for drug related things and odd jobs. another thing you would be astounded how often it comes in handy is a screwdriver. my friend carries both and its saved us so much trouble. strangely i cant recall any specific times but i know it happend!

plus SOMETIMES if very very rarely pulling a knife is a good self defence option.


--------------------


Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those who like to dress sharp... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3595330 -

That's pretty smooth-looking, skorp, how would you rate the quality of the blade? I'm sure you've got a bit of experience with such things...

BN


--------------------
Sometimes karma needs a little help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those who like to dress sharp... [Re: BigNerd]
    #3595375 -

I thought this post was going to be about ZZ Top.


--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those who like to dress sharp... [Re: Jim]
    #3595382 -

And wear cheap sunglasses!! :grin:


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those who like to dress sharp... [Re: BigNerd]
    #3595423 -

The quality of the blade is easily a 5, on a scale of 1-5. Keep in mind, though... I would be a much harder judge on the blade if it were not fully serrated, but a complete straight edge - but I dont have that type nor did I get the chance to check one out.

Overall, the entire card itself is very sturdy, made with AUS 8 stainless, Rc 57-58 steel, heavy [as opposed to light and flimsy], smooth-functioning [very silent opening and closing, which I assume is an important point for military-stealth tactics], a strong clip that is also detachable, which makes it perfect for putting in your wallet along with your credit cards.
And, the tweezers, pick, and mini-screwdriver hidden inside it are all lovely bonuses. :grin:

I already have a SOG knife, called a SEAL pup, which is a standard knife used by Navy SEALS... and I can tell you, SOG makes good shit - the US military standard had better be good.

I'm sure you've got a bit of experience with such things...


You must've seen some of my collection, eh?


:wink:

http://www.sogknives.com/access.htm


Here is my favorite fixed knife from SOG:
http://www.sogknives.com/seal2k.htm

Here's an even bigger one:
http://www.sogknives.com/tigersh.htm


--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those who like to dress sharp... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3595457 -

nice hashcutters

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those who like to dress sharp... [Re: Organic]
    #3595488 -

Love them double-action revolving hash cutters...




--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3595775 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those who like to dress sharp... [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #3595785 -

$45.99



--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those who like to dress sharp... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3595796 -

SOG is one of the best knife companies. I've owned several of their blades.


--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: For those who like to dress sharp... [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3596082 -

SkorpivoMusterion said:
I'm sure you've got a bit of experience with such things...


You must've seen some of my collection, eh?




More a comment on your projected personality than knowledge of your collection. :smile:

BN


--------------------
Sometimes karma needs a little help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Kid faces possible expulsion for turning in his pocket knife at school
( 1 2 all )
DNKYD 4,440 31 08/10/09 11:34 PM
by Wolfgang
* Who here carries a knife? Lets see it.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Gumby 14,954 142 07/10/08 01:19 AM
by fawhit
* .
( 1 2 all )
z_x_x_z 4,539 31 06/08/07 04:02 PM
by mraejay
* Do you carry a knife? What kind?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Supernova 7,885 66 12/12/04 01:59 AM
by MushroomFriend
* FUCK THE NAVY
( 1 2 all )
Coaster 2,552 35 08/04/09 04:37 AM
by desant
* *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
peterluber 2,232 25 09/15/08 02:09 AM
by blewmeanie
* Knife i just made *DELETED* poboy 1,077 17 06/27/06 04:16 AM
by makaveli8x8
* New knife.
( 1 2 all )
Gumby 3,886 26 04/23/09 11:22 PM
by purity

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
679 topic views. 3 members, 12 guests and 105 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.