Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewindex
old hand
buying costs?
    #350944 - 06/28/01 06:11 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

ok i really just made this one to kinda make a point, if he would have simply asked 'when some of you buy these, how much do you usually pay?' we wouldnt have been flammed like he has been, someone would have just answered the question. Im not recomending selling drugs, but if one of my friends, even my best freind, wanted me to grow them a jar, which im sure will happen once these cute little guys get here, im going to charge them, not for the mushrooms, but for my time, i dont know about eveyone else but my time is just as valuble as the next guys, of course im going to share some with my freinds whenever they want, but i think you get the point.

secondly to put out any flames i might get for charging my freinds, let me add this, if i goto one of my friends and ask them to help me work on my car im not going to assume there going to work on it for free because im a freind, and even though they dont need to give me an actual price they always get paid back one way or another ie. dinner, case of beer, etc.

and third before someone says im going to grow these just to sell them to my freinds, first im growing them because i need something to do when im not at work, itll give me a little something to do, second it seems like it could be a little challenging, third they look cool, and fourth ive wanted to try these for the longest time, but the thought of someone going and picking what they think is a magic mush. and it end up killing me dosnt sit well with me, so growing my own will give me that opourunity.

any flaming will be directed to /dev/null =)

You approach the turnstiles and know
that when you get there you have to give
the man two dollars or he won't let you
inside but when you get there everything
goes wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline3DSHROOM
loon
Male

Re: buying costs? [Re: windex]
    #350955 - 06/28/01 06:30 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

* Moved to General Questions *

3dshroom@shroomery.org
http://www.shroomery.org

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood loon

Offlinehatter
addict
    #350972 - 06/28/01 06:52 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Not strictly speaking for everybody here, but most of 'us' do this for a hobby...hey, I'm all about trading pot for shrooms or something like that..but generally I find it to be a 'friendly' drug...Do you charge friends when you smoke them up? If so, I am glad I don't know you...

How is a raven like a writing desk?

How deep is the rabbit hole? To find out, go.to/FreeSporeRing

--------------------
How is a raven like a writing desk?

How deep is the rabbit hole? To find out, go.to/FreeSporeRing

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: buying costs? [Re: hatter]
    #351011 - 06/28/01 07:36 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

no of course i dont charge them, if were all doing it im not going to, if one of my freinds come to me in the middle of the day and just wants a joint for himself, then ill give it to him, but if he starts coming everyday then yes i might charge him, as i dont grow my own weed, it costs me money and i dont know about you but i dont have 25-50 bucks to just give away, let alone give it away in the form of weed. and if you read the first reason i was growing them was something to do around here when im not at work (a hobby) =)

You approach the turnstiles and know
that when you get there you have to give
the man two dollars or he won't let you
inside but when you get there everything
goes wrong.

Invisiblesparki68
spawnmonger
    #351470 - 06/29/01 01:41 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Yep I too was tinkin of convinceing my FOAF to sell the fruits of his labors when he started in his hobby.. But the other weekend when we were haveing a solid level three we talked at length about it.... And frankly all of my foaf's friends are like the nursery ryme..."the little red Hen.."
You know ..who's going to help me order spores?
not me not me not me
Who's going to help me with the substraight ?
not me not me not me
who going to bla bla bla
not bla bla bla
Well anyways who's going to trip balls this summer?
not you and not you and not you
all of his friends could keep their money what my foaf really wanted was someone to enter into this with him to help get spores, BRF,vermiculite,ect ect my foaf told me that if you added up all he has spent on his lil project it would come up to over $100 and that just for basic shit like jars, verm,flour,ect. He even asked folks he know if they'd like to learn "basic mycology" they all said they weren't interested. So now after 2 very unsuccessfull trys he seems to have a grip of what is suposed to happen and what to do; all of these nay sayers are all like can i get some? He says sure, with a big 'ol smile ...first you'll need some 1/2 pint jars, some organic.....

Basicly ....after all the trial and tribulations of this my FOAF feels no $$ can replace the smile you get knowing your smiling from your own majic

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
    #351487 - 06/29/01 02:02 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

all of my friends are fucked up!!! they are cool to trip with but they are extremely stingy. i promised like four of them that id shroom them out once for free but the brest they would have to pay some money. they have way too m uch of an advantage over me though because ive always been poor and they used to front me acid and loan me money all the time and smoke me out. even though ive paid all them back and smoked them all out a few times they still have the advantage cuz they never had to do any of those things. ill probably end up selling eighths for 10 bucks and stuff like that. i only need money cuz it cost me around 150 bucks to grow my panaleous cyanescens and the only thing they did to contribute is drive me to my house once so i could sprinkle some wet vermiculite over the spots of mycelium that came up from the casing to early. the only reason i will charge is because i need to but a pressure cooker and something better than a squirtbottle and perlight for humidity. and a digital thermometer/humidity guage woldnt be too bad niether.

hey, you got to be genuine thats the name of this game. if you're real, then you aint got nothing to worry about, but if youre synthetic then starting tomorrow you're balls come off!

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies