Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSoulSurfer
Killer of Giants
Male

Loc: Canada
Anyone here that doesn't do drugs, clean/sober?
    #3507456 - 12/16/04 02:44 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Just curious  :smile:

--------------------
:sunny: :sunny::sunny:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Anyone here that doesn't do drugs, clean/sober? [Re: SoulSurfer]
    #3507483 - 12/16/04 03:22 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I don't do anything other than mushrooms - which I don't really classify as a drug.

I gave up alcohol and caffeine last year, dope & nicotine six months ago. Last time I did ecstasy must be 2 years ago, coke 5 years ago and LSD too long ago to remember.

More than anything mushrooms have taught me how important it is what you put into your system.

Cleansing my system of all the other junk has helped me focus on natural highs - sex, horseriding, dancing etc

I have nothing against anybody experimenting - I wouldn't be the person I am without experimenting.

Only thing I regret was getting strung out on coke for a while about 6 years ago - that stuff's nasty, nasty stuff - try but never buy is my advice.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

OfflineSoulSurfer
Killer of Giants
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Anyone here that doesn't do drugs, clean/sober? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #3507488 - 12/16/04 03:26 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I have been using drugs/alcohol for 20 years now, but I really want some of the stuff you metioned, to focus on natural highs. Right now they are dull... my whole life, emotions, thinking patterns are dull. It was fun while it lasted, but perhaps it's time to clean up. Pretty scary thought though when you have been using as long as I have.

--------------------
:sunny: :sunny::sunny:

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

#3507511 - 12/16/04 04:01 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

For me it was a major decision - the last thing to go was dope - I had been smoking joints for about 10 years and was smoking even more towards the end of last year.

For me mushrooms opened a door in my head - I decided I wanted to expand my mind rather than keep dulling my senses.

We pump so much crap into our systems without thinking about it - the natural equilibrium without illegal or legal drugs is just that - natural - how it's meant to be.

The strangest thing was the various moods and changes I felt coming off each drug - the past 18 months have been a trip, even outside of shrooming - niccotine was the oddest.

I'd given up cigarettes quite a while ago and was kinda hooked on nicorette gum - coming off that stuff felt like my frontal lobes were hollowing out, about two weeks of feeling very light headed.

If you want to quit - do it slowly, reduce your intake one item at a time and see it as a challenge - after a very short amount of time the body will resume its natural rhythms which feel sooooo good.

And my best advice is to take a low dosage of shrooms and force yourself to contemplate the changes you want to make - even if it forces you into uncomfortable places it will help you.

Try to replace drug activities with projects and short term goals as well.

In my opinion mushrooms are the only way to fly - and without anything else in your system really work their magic.

Good luck

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3507552 - 12/16/04 04:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Thats weird, I was thinking of posting the very same thing earlier...

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #3507742 - 12/16/04 07:25 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

im pretty sober for the most part these days

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #3507771 - 12/16/04 07:39 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

theorganicdomino said:
Well, I don't do anything other than mushrooms - which I don't really classify as a drug.

I gave up alcohol and caffeine last year, dope & nicotine six months ago. Last time I did ecstasy must be 2 years ago, coke 5 years ago and LSD too long ago to remember.

More than anything mushrooms have taught me how important it is what you put into your system.

Cleansing my system of all the other junk has helped me focus on natural highs - sex, horseriding, dancing etc

I have nothing against anybody experimenting - I wouldn't be the person I am without experimenting.

Only thing I regret was getting strung out on coke for a while about 6 years ago - that stuff's nasty, nasty stuff - try but never buy is my advice.

congrats man..thats some hard shit to accomplish
right there..

atm, thats a pipe dream for me =/

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

OfflineHabeeb420
Stranger

Loc: colorado
Re: Anyone here that doesn't do drugs, clean/sober? [Re: 40oz]
    #3507796 - 12/16/04 07:53 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

well, i really am thinking of cleaning up.. i mean all i do is pot and alcohol, and im planning on doin shrooms, but the pot does seem to make me a little dumber.. i dunnoi ve been doing it almost 2 years now and maybe its time to move on... nah nvm im still havin fun, it really hasnt made mty life worse in any way...

alcohol ill probably never give up, though i prefer weed to alcohol. looking back on when i was clean, there are lots of differences in my life i think. i cant tell if theyre for better or for worse, but i look back on specific memories..
like i got a job over the summer like a month after i started smoking, and i made like 900 dollars, i spent it within a week, the whole week i was high, and it was a great time, but i dont remember much of it.

i think the use of pot is wheter you like to look back on your life and smile over memories, or like what youre doing now, and not bother with things that happened in the past. for me, i dont spend much time reflecting on what happened, but still, its good to have those memories.

--------------------
sup brothas

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3507805 - 12/16/04 07:58 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

It's been many years since I have done anything other than shrooms. I'll have a beer every once in a while, but that's maybe a couple times a year. Probably 10 years since I smoked a joint. Stopped doing coke about 15 years ago. Dropped xtc in the late 80s. Shrooms are my DOC. Oh, I guess I do take a valium or xanax occasionally- I have prescriptions for those though.

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Anyone here that doesn't do drugs, clean/sober? [Re: Supernova]
    #3507812 - 12/16/04 08:05 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm pretty sober these days.  I had a lot of fun with various substances, but now I just stick to the odd joint.

:grin:  :spliff:  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3507814 - 12/16/04 08:09 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I am the least sober I've been in my entire life.  :smile:

Invisibleeric_the_red
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#3507821 - 12/16/04 08:13 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i still drink and i'll probably eat some shrooms again sooner or later, but haven't for almost 3 years. other than that, i'm clean as a whistle.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone here that doesn't do drugs, clean/sober? [Re: MOTH]
    #3507822 - 12/16/04 08:14 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
I am the least sober I've been in my entire life.  :smile:

:wink:Enjoy the party, but don't stay too long! :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #3507833 - 12/16/04 08:19 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I smoke pretty regularly.  Right now not so heavily since it's finals week, but I smoke just about every day, if only at the end of the night.  I just started hanging out with my neighbor in my apartment building, and that's bad for the habit - now we're going in on bigger amounts together. Power in numbers. :smile:

Anyway.  I haven't been completely sober from pot for more than 2 weeks in a period of about 3 and a half years.  And during that 2 weeks I was on a tropical vacation drinking a lot of rum anyway.

All I'm aching for is shroomy shrooms, and of course, good old Lucy.  Everytime I listen to Shpongle's "Divine Moments of Truth" and it gets to the part where that awesome voice is going "dmt dmt dmtlsd lsd dmt" I just sit there and think, 'man. i NEED to trip.'

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBitterPill
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Anyone here that doesn't do drugs, clean/sober? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3507870 - 12/16/04 08:38 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I haven't smoked, drank, or done psychedellics in a couple of years. I had a really bad experience with weed mixed with alcohol and I haven't liked them since. Psychedellics are too damaging to my state of mind. Used to smoke ciggarettes. Used 10mg oxycontin to start my day for a while. Now my only indulgence is caffeine.

-BP

Offlinedruqks46
its dat woowoo
Loc: trees
Re: Anyone here that doesn't do drugs, clean/sober? [Re: BitterPill]
    #3508136 - 12/16/04 09:55 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I quit drinking and smoking. Shrooms are on hold as of now. Ill eat shrooms when the time is right, but i dont see taht time bein too soon. I have nothing against drugs (im not a free vibe person), but this time in my life, they arent that important or fun. Im concentrating on school, bass guitar, and working out. Im very turned off by the party scene (college social life), so my social life needs some revamping.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Anyone here that doesn't do drugs, clean/sober? [Re: druqks46]
    #3508145 - 12/16/04 09:57 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Know what would really help with your bass guitar?... psychedelics :grin:

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Anyone here that doesn't do drugs, clean/sober? [Re: Supernova]
    #3508159 - 12/16/04 10:00 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I should note that IF I had a bunch of acid I WOULD dose on it. I haven't in years and really haven't had a desire to do so. I have, recently, been giving it serious consideration. I use to say there'd never be a year in my life that I wouldn't dose at least once, and then I just kind of faded out of that scene. I have a friend who I'm sure could get me some doses if I wanted them, and I may do so. But I have no desire to go back to my grass smoking days. Shrooms do me fine.

Offlinedruqks46
its dat woowoo
Loc: trees
Re: Anyone here that doesn't do drugs, clean/sober? [Re: gdman]
    #3508175 - 12/16/04 10:04 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
Know what would really help with your bass guitar?... psychedelics :grin:

haha. Ive thought about it.  I first need to get competent on the bass in order to bring out whats in my head.  I will have to try that in the future.  :mushroom2:

OfflinePhr33k
Liberater

Loc: Eastern US
Re: Anyone here that doesn't do drugs, clean/sober? [Re: druqks46]
    #3508449 - 12/16/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Yesterday, the 25th, was my last day smoking pot until my drug tests and/or probabtion is concluded. But that still leaves a wide oppotunity for alchohol, LSD, and mushies. Plus a whole lot of untestable substances that I'm far too tired to list as of right now.

--------------------
>>I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract