Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejohfiner
Stranger
how long to wait between doses, and does niacin shorten that time?
    #3365760 - 11/15/04 08:37 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

hey there, last thursday was my third experience with shrooms. it was the second time i ate enough to trip (an eigth) and i had a glorious experience

this thursday i'm going to trip with a good friend of mine who's never done it before

is one week long enough? i will be eating approx 5-6 grams dried

i've been taking niacin since sunday (yesterday). niacin flushes toxins out of the body and is rumored to lower one's tolerance to marijuana. i figured it'd work similarly with mushrooms, and i plan to continue taking it until wednesday

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: how long to wait between doses, and does niacin shorten that time? [Re: johfiner]
    #3365874 - 11/15/04 09:05 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

You have waited long enough. I want to say that your experience with 3.5 grams will be very diffrerent from eating 6 grams. I would suggest only eating 4 grams with your new tripping friend. He eats less of course. That way if you freak at the higher levels you won't freak him out.

There is a certain point in shrooming/how much you eat, where the trip takes on a new color, so to speak.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinethenewuser
LSA Guy :-)

Re: how long to wait between doses, and does niacin shorten that time? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3365890 - 11/15/04 09:09 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

How many diffrent stages are there?

Last time, 1st time w/ my shrooms, 3g's wroth, I saw heavy visuals, cev's and i thought I was a "willy wanka" type in my own fairy world.

What stage would that be, the highest? Or is there more?...

--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: how long to wait between doses, and does niacin shorten that time? [Re: johfiner]
    #3365901 - 11/15/04 09:12 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
There is a certain point in shrooming/how much you eat, where the trip takes on a new color, so to speak.

Preach!

And a side note...at the top of the page there is a link to the search page. Please use it before asking questions. This question has been asked 3 times today.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: how long to wait between doses, and does niacin shorten that time? [Re: thenewuser]
    #3365915 - 11/15/04 09:14 PM (12 years, 27 days ago)

5 levels...http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/11

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Offlinejohfiner
Stranger
Re: how long to wait between doses, and does niacin shorten that time? [Re: daimyo]
    #3367332 - 11/16/04 02:40 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

i'm sorry, i searched, but i only searched for "duration" and "niacin"...i guess i didn't know what else to search for

edit: i also think the high dose is necessary for "proper" tripping. i feel extremely comfortable with my past shrooming experiences, and according to the information provided, i've only reached level one. i'd like to at least attain level 3

Edited by johfiner (11/16/04 02:44 AM)

OfflineDMTelepath
Nut

Loc: States of America
    #3367347 - 11/16/04 02:46 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

I also recommend you don't do 6 grams, i doubt you know what you're getting into just yet (unless you used other psychedelics before of course). 6 grams of mushrooms is MUCH different than an eighth, and will slap you in the face if you aren't ready for it. Your tolerance may be up a little bit, but since you haven't shroomed much, it should be pretty much down to 0. If you were asking about eating 1-3 days later, 6 grams might seem as an alright dose (although i don't condone tripping that often). It's so much better to wait.

--------------------
Me, Myself, and GOD

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: how long to wait between doses, and does niacin shorten that time? [Re: DMTelepath]
    #3367714 - 11/16/04 08:31 AM (12 years, 27 days ago)

canadian physician/shrink dr abram hoffer postulated that ingestion of relatively large doses of vitamin B3 (in comparison to USRDA levels) act to increase levels of MAO activity...
it forms a major part of his "orthomolecular psychiatry" method of treating mentally ill patients... (back in the 50s, he noted that the symptoms of pellegra were very similar to schitzophrenia, & treated his patients with large doses of vitamin B3, & many/most of them got noticably better)(dr. hoffer & colleague dr. osmond were involved in peyote studies with native american church, with lsd therapy for alcoholics, & turned aldous huxley on to mescaline!)
~
there are several biologically active forms of B3; straight-up niacin often causes "flushing" - a hot feeling with red skin & sometimes lowered b.p. (due to dilation of blood vessels near the skin)... other forms of B3 such as niacinamide & inositol hexanicotinate will usually do not have this effect... (also, taking niacin with a meal will lessen this effect as well)
there are probably other nutrients which would enhance the possible MAO-boosting & the general anti-skitzy effects of this vitamin...
check out WiccanSeeker's FAQ "psychedelic niacinamide" for more yaddayadda, mmmmmph?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinejohfiner
Stranger
Re: how long to wait between doses, and does niacin shorten that time? [Re: gnrm23]
    #3375100 - 11/17/04 06:09 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

thanks for the replies, everybody

so, due to your advice, i won't take the 6 grams. i talked it over with my buddy today and we agreed to each eat an eighth and eat more only if we feel it's necessary

i haven't taken niacin today (wednesday) 'cause i'm probably not ready for the enhanced MAO activity

i really appreciate all the comments, and i plan to continue my exploration with mushrooms a few times a year

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience