Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
mini martha
    #3352998 - 11/12/04 05:30 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Here the newest addition to my fruiting chambers, i had a regular Martha but it didn't fit in my closet and i got tired of looking at it in my room, so i sold everything hooked up and ready to go to a friend. and now I'm taking another stab at it, this time i bought a off brand Martha from mijers for 14 dollars and left out one if the side braces on each side to make it two foot shorter so it would fit in my closet under my shelf's, I'm still in the building part though and i have some cakes ready to case and was wondering if you guys think just a cool mist or an ultrasonic alone run this chamber since its fairly smaller or do you think its essential to have both on it as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: mini martha [Re: KyKid]
    #3353006 - 11/12/04 05:32 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

man i'd love to look at martha in my room. Im setting mine up tommorow, she just arrived today.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Invisiblezxsevinr
fartnocker
Re: mini martha [Re: derx]
    #3353251 - 11/12/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

yeah a martha in the room is quite soothing

--------------------
i also am a big liar and i tell no truths on this board furthermore when the words i me or my are used i am refering to a friend of a friend

OfflineMilkyMedia
Lost Soul

#3353335 - 11/12/04 07:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Man..that is the worst photo..does your camera have any focus :smile: I get the idea though. What is this Martha growing teq i've seen people talking about..is it that closet bag thing..then you put the casing inside the plastic chamber?

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: mini martha [Re: MilkyMedia]
    #3353656 - 11/12/04 09:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

there portable plastic closets, they give you a large area that easy to sterilize and keep that way also the plastic act like a green house and holds in the moisture to keep it at a steady rh. if anyone know if one of the two will work let me know or if i must buy both let me know that too, im trying to get by on one but if it not possible then let me know.

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

#3353677 - 11/12/04 09:41 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

the only way to find out is to try it, it's not going to hurt you to throw a cool mist in there and see if it holds the RH ran 24/7. I believe it will, X may think it wont. Point is, this is an expierimenting process, so try it and find out. You might be able to get away with it, you might not. Use cool mist alone before adding the ultra sonic.

--------------------

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
    #3353681 - 11/12/04 09:44 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thanks man, i guess i could have just took the step and found out sorry for bugging you guys about something tha im gonna have to try no matter what. also sorry about the pic it was from a camera phone with no focus my digi needs batterys.

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

#3353715 - 11/12/04 09:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

oh its fine im just saying that it is impossible for one of us to tell you the answer. The only way is to try it and it's not like when you try it and it doesnt work it's a failure, just a simple adding another humidifier. GOOD LUCK and i hope it works with just the cool mist.

--------------------

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
    #3357189 - 11/13/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

got the cool mist hooked up this morning, so far so good, i got a cat litter box full of wet perlite in the bottom and the Vick's cool mist running 24/7 and the Rh is at a steady 97% ill be getting the shelf's in it sometime soon and some casings going in there and i post some new pics of it in action or maybe ill start my first grow log on these next casings I'm about to do. anyway thanks for the input.

InvisibleSuper_Blunt
Candyman
 User Gallery

#3357197 - 11/13/04 07:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

nice closet setup

--------------------

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Re: mini martha [Re: Super_Blunt]
    #3357205 - 11/13/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

good job drama queen! :smile:  I just put up my martha today, im about to finish the floor in it and connect the hoses.  I'll take pics tommorow.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3357708 - 11/13/04 09:49 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Use a cool mist on the outside of the chamber (and preferably closet) pumped in..you'll need to mist but it will work fine for casings. Cakes I would add an ultrosonic. An ultrasonic alone wouldnt be advisable as it would create a humidity fluctuation from when its on and when off (on all the time would be too much, its to much for my closet on low thats a few dozen times the size of your mini martha). Even with perilite in the bottom you'll need to mist because even in 99%rh your cakes/casings will slowly dry out. IMO foggers and ultrasonics are the only thing that takes care of not misting.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleKyKid
Stranger
Re: mini martha [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3359231 - 11/14/04 09:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thanks scat, i guess i may as well hook up a ultra sonic to then to run a few minutes every hour or every couple hours ill have to tweak it for the different size in the martha, but yes it is only for casings. also with the coolmist hooked up i shouldnt have to do any fea should i, or is that only when you have both the cool mist and ultrasonic hooked up?

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #3359243 - 11/14/04 09:47 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

ya... even with a cool mist 24/7 you will need to mist a couple times a day! its so worth the 30 bucks from kmart to get a ultrasonic and then every other day or so you just add some water....fully automated is the only way!

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix