Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
WTF: Zoloft
    #3321902 -

I went ot the doc today to tell him what the fuck was up with me and he prescribes me 100mg. twice a day of zoloft (sp) :wtf: l. I know its an anti-depressant but what else is there about it ? Like does it make you sleepy or is it gonna make me feel like a zombie ??? Any suggestions ??  :hug: <--- All I really need.


--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF: Zoloft [Re: JettaJay]
    #3321913 -

Anti-Depressants will fuck you up, and not in a good way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF: Zoloft [Re: JettaJay]
    #3321929 -

Zoloft is an antidepressant (SSRI), sometimes prescribed for obsessive-compulsives.

It's not the kind of thing you can just stop taking, and it may decrease the effect of psychedelics.

I've never used an antidepressant myself, but my brother did for a while and said it helped him feel better.

If you are severely depressed, it's probably a good idea to take the drug. If you're just a little fucked up, your doctor might just be the sort to prescribe drugs on the basis that it couldn't hurt, and you should probably not take it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF: Zoloft [Re: JettaJay]
    #3322034 -

JettaJay said:
I went ot the doc today to tell him what the fuck was up with me and he prescribes me 100mg. twice a day of zoloft (sp) :wtf: l. I know its an anti-depressant but what else is there about it ? Like does it make you sleepy or is it gonna make me feel like a zombie ??? Any suggestions ??  :hug: <--- All I really need.



Well, as stated before, it's an SSRI, which sort of makes more Serotonin availiable to your brain, decreasing depression. It does have some side effects like weight gain and (for me, at least) increased sweating. If you're clinically depressed it can be a big help, but it'll take a few weeks before you'll see any change. For more information, check out their website. As to what it'll make you feel like, it hits everyone differently. I get a bit sleepy, but I have heard some say it wakes them up. I guess it depends on your unique biochemistry. It's been a good medicine for me! :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF: Zoloft [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3322054 -

yah it can make you more awake or sleepy, it can cause nausea and headaches, its can cause problems with keeping a hardon or ejaculation.that being said....it CAN, not that it will, those are just some of the more common side effects is all, doesnt mean they will happen. it usually takes a few weeks to a month to start having clinical effect.

200mg/day of zoloft is kinda of a high dose to START on. usually they will go with 25mg/day for a week then 50mg/week then on up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF: Zoloft [Re: JettaJay]
    #3322056 -

I was on Zoloft for more then a year when I was younger. Yes, it made me feel completely devoid of emotion, like a zombie. In hard times, that empty feeling can save you life, but in my opinion too long feeling like a zombie can take away your humanity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF: Zoloft [Re: MOTH]
    #3322061 -

i agree with shade on the long term effect, but short term it can be a great help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF: Zoloft [Re: MOTH]
    #3322070 -

I have heard that from a lot of people. For some, it's not a good thing to be sure, but it's worked well for me, and I can function quite well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF: Zoloft [Re: Le_Canard]
    #3322083 -

ToiletDuk said:
I have heard that from a lot of people. For some, it's not a good thing to be sure, but it's worked well for me, and I can function quite well.




Yeah, it depends on the person. If it works for you, then keep at it.  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF: Zoloft [Re: MOTH]
    #3322098 -

I agree 200mg is rough to start on IMHO. I dunno I haven't taken it yet. I may start with 50mg 2 times a day.

I mus tsay though you guys are the fucking greatest. It feels nice to belong in life and people here make me feel like I belong !! <== think maybe I said that once in another thread. But wtf I said it again. Any thanks guys I appreciate it !!!


--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF: Zoloft [Re: JettaJay]
    #3322125 -

when i was on zoloft i heard crazy voices everytime i smoked weed, so i stopped takeing the zoloft, i hated the shit, prozac/ lexapro is NIIIIICE  though :laugh:


--------------------



[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF: Zoloft [Re: JettaJay]
    #3322129 -

If you are not happy, there is a reason.

Drugs are not the fucking cure.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF: Zoloft [Re: JettaJay]
    #3322132 -

hehe jetta most of us here have came to that realization, it is a wonderful place

a splended gorup of misfits, crackheads, spirtual types and loners and everyone else

<3

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF: Zoloft [Re: oDin]
    #3322138 -

SSRI's all basically do the same thing, but each one is different for each individual

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF: Zoloft [Re: oDin]
    #3322801 -

I take zoloft, i was on zoloft before I ever even smoked weed.. Zoloft does have some effects but it's not that bad. Zoloft is pretty safe compared to alot of the drugs in its class. Supposedly zoloft will decrease your tolerance to the sacred herb, and increase the effects of psilocybin as well as alchol (if you arent't a regular heavy drinker). As far as sexual side effects go, they aren't the usual - I dunno about anyone else but the greater the does I'm on, the sexual side effects aren't that I can't get hard - it's the opposite - and I don't have a gf......... Basically what zoloft does is helps to regulate your flow of serotonin to your brain, it's not all that bad. I only take 25 mg a day, I think 100 mg is about average, 200 a day is a pretty high dose IMO- I'd discuss your dose with your doctor. You might feel a little wierded out for the first 2-5 days but it goes away quickly. For me I don't feel so fucking anxious and paranoid (about nothing!) Smoking pot really does help me take myself to a relaxed stress free place, but I know I may have to quit someday for a while so I'm learning to go there when I need to. But overall marijuana and zoloft are my two prescription drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* saliva drug tests, WTF? fear.loathingSF 3,127 13 05/29/08 02:47 AM
by QCaz
* What the hell was that lady in "requium for a dream" being prescribed? OrizonsHorizon 1,295 9 11/15/05 07:34 AM
by Cowgold
* got put on Zoloft, feels like I'm coming up on E EDIT: the morning after lol DistortedEyes 17,930 15 06/17/07 11:25 AM
by pinky2totters
* Ecstacy Zoloft parody funny as shit NewbieS 888 3 07/26/06 08:35 PM
by debianlinux
* wtf did mccain say!
( 1 2 3 all )
nonwo 2,539 46 10/08/08 06:50 PM
by Gratos
* here my song "encounter someone like me" all about my nightmare with doctors prescribing shit for me
( 1 2 all )
gumkeegan 2,516 20 03/11/09 05:35 PM
by EternalCowabunga
* Is it hard to get prescribed xanax? PeterGriffin467 35,944 11 04/11/08 07:23 PM
by appleorange
* Prescribed Oxycontin for 30 years?
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 4,674 22 06/29/08 10:18 PM
by Irishdrunk

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,904 topic views. 4 members, 17 guests and 92 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.