Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBigNautical
bodhisattva

Loc: Alberta Cana-duh
My compilation of methods
    #3304615 - 11/01/04 02:28 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

First off, Im not a chemist and have little experience. I knew of a person that extracted Morphine last summer but had unsatisfactory results. I want to know if this compilation of methods will work if somebody was to attempt it.

-Extract a given amount of crushed poppy straw in a Coldfinger apparatus using methanol at a PH of about 9.

-Remove the alcohol by distillation to leave a residue.

-Mix residue with an aqueous lye solution with a PH of atleast 11.

-Filter the solution and wash a small amount of the lye solution as a filter aid.

-Add table salt to the solution to prevent emulsion.

-Extract the solution twice or thrice with a water-immiscible solvent Preferably Tolulene(since it has the best results with absorbing and killing all codeine) separate in a separatory funnel and discard tolulene layer.

-Lower the PH of the solution to 9.1 with acetic acid and leave over night for all the morphine to precipitate.

-The next day filter the solution leaving the morphine, wash with water and leave out to dry....

This is my compilation of a practical way of extracting decent amounts of morphine in the comfort of your own home from various sources.The person I mentioned before supposedly had quite a debacle when attempting to do this last summer.

Can anybody think of any reasons this wouldnt work.

--------------------
"Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"

-- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: pH Test Strips

General Interest >> Science and Technology