Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Alberta Cana-duh
My compilation of methods
    #3304615 - 11/01/04 02:28 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

First off, Im not a chemist and have little experience. I knew of a person that extracted Morphine last summer but had unsatisfactory results. I want to know if this compilation of methods will work if somebody was to attempt it.

-Extract a given amount of crushed poppy straw in a Coldfinger apparatus using methanol at a PH of about 9.

-Remove the alcohol by distillation to leave a residue.

-Mix residue with an aqueous lye solution with a PH of atleast 11.

-Filter the solution and wash a small amount of the lye solution as a filter aid.

-Add table salt to the solution to prevent emulsion.

-Extract the solution twice or thrice with a water-immiscible solvent Preferably Tolulene(since it has the best results with absorbing and killing all codeine) separate in a separatory funnel and discard tolulene layer.

-Lower the PH of the solution to 9.1 with acetic acid and leave over night for all the morphine to precipitate.

-The next day filter the solution leaving the morphine, wash with water and leave out to dry....

This is my compilation of a practical way of extracting decent amounts of morphine in the comfort of your own home from various sources.The person I mentioned before supposedly had quite a debacle when attempting to do this last summer.

Can anybody think of any reasons this wouldnt work.

"Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!"

-- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: pH Test Strips

General Interest >> Science and Technology